Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 10:28 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,845,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No such thing as an "undocumented" people and it's not hate we feel for illegal aliens but objection to their presence here because they are breaking our laws and sucking up American jobs, taxes and resources. Nothing to be concerned about though, right?
Sure there are and plenty of them are more decent people than some USA citizens. Many of them also have employable skills, motivation and a better work ethic something which is sorely lacking in much of the American underclass. I see generation after generation of losers that aren't employable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2018, 07:31 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,917,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
[/b]

Well I don't see it that way I try to understand why they came, don't agree with it but they are here so now what.

I don't blame those that were brought as children were raised here and are making the best of their situation to be honest the amount of hatred directed at them is shameful and disgraceful. I prefer to help people when they're struggling and making an effort to help themselves not shovel more manure on them.
You could say the same for the person that broke into your home <bold>. Would the answer then still be "try to understand " or "get them the heck out first"? For most all people I'd bet it's the latter...

Old 07-07-2018, 07:33 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,917,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No such thing as an "undocumented" people and it's not hate we feel for illegal aliens but objection to their presence here because they are breaking our laws and sucking up American jobs, taxes and resources. Nothing to be concerned about though, right?
Not as long as one can use them for either financial or political gain.

Old 07-07-2018, 01:09 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,407,718 times
These "that's different" comments crack me up! I can't even imagine some of these self-same people supporting a program like this in the US!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
It was wrong to do that to the Native Americans because they didn't ask for the US government to be there.

Nobody from Africa or the Middle East in Europe was brought their against their will. Hell, none of their ANCESTORS were ever brought to Europe against their will.

Europe is currently the biggest collection of confused p***ies on the planet since the View. It's about damned time they realize the open society they have fought for with blood and sweat and tears for hundred of years is a fragile thing worth protecting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I understand your concerns about religion (I am not religious myself) but you have to look at it through a Danish lens rather than an American one. Their country was not founded on religious liberty like ours was, and migrants moving there know it is a majority Christian nation. In many European countries, the people aren't deeply religious but the church still receives state support. The Danes aren't forcing the children to forsake Islam and convert to Christianity--they are simply teaching them Christian holidays. If you move somewhere and 90% of the people around you are taking off work and school to participate in certain traditions, I think it's good to know why and learn the history behind it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I think the difference may be in the type of immigrants your children's friends are vs. those in this article. If the kids in your neighbor are from families that came here on visas to work, or through family chain migration, they came with a degree or skill/education, basic English, and desire to be American. I think the immigrants in these high crime, high unemployment Danish ghettos are mainly refugees and asylum seekers. Denmark is a small country of less than 6 million people; the effects of these ghettos is felt more keenly in their country than in a large country like America where our 50 states can sometimes feel like 50 different nations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Public education in the us amounts to about 30 hours a week......what am I missing here? They aren't talking about an additional 25 hours in cultural indoctrination camps or something.

We already do this..or attempt to do this. The problem with American schools is that just keeping the students from killing the teachers or each other in some areas is a victory, never mind educating them.
They're talking about starting this at age 1, well before kids go to school, or even preschool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I think Americans would be surprised at how much adjustment they'd have to do to integrate themselves:

https://qz.com/794740/the-happiness-...ultural-rules/

I think it's great that Denmark is actively trying to help newcomers learn more about how to live in Danish society.
This is pretty close to "that's different". I take it you're planning to propose something like this in the US?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Okay, I haven’t read the article yet so the whole thing could be rubbish, but if true I’m not digging this idea at all. Does this strike anyone else of what Christians used to do with Jewish kids in the Middle Ages? I’m all for integration, but to force Muslim children to learn the traditions of Christmas and Easter? Not cool!

Why not just spread them around town and not force them to live in ghettos? Help them get jobs and don’t treat them like pariahs?

Before posting I had to check if there was a source other than Daily Mail, and it does appear to be true. Wow!
I heard the story yesterday on NPR but it's not on their website.

Old 07-07-2018, 02:45 PM

10,931 posts, read 11,683,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Does the government really want to get them to give up their religion?.
That has certainly not been stated. They do want them to confirm to danish norms, but the line connecting belief and behavior is vague in Denmark, but not in Moslem countries.

Old 07-07-2018, 02:56 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,789,278 times
If immigrants are taking state support then they have little to say about what the state requires them to do. Maybe it will be incentive to get off that support.

Old 07-07-2018, 03:14 PM

39,809 posts, read 26,373,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
You are mixing apples and oranges. There are no similarities. You just hate the undocumented plain and simple.
There is no such thing as "undocumented". There are criminal aliens and legal immigrants. Why do you care about seperating criminals from their children when they are foreign-but not when they are American citizens? It seems as if the left puts concern for their fellow Americans dead last on their list. In fact-it seems as if every position of the left is aimed at harming this country and it's citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies