Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 06:05 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,461,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Nice try.

It is no news. Sandusky and Nassar were abusers. Jordan isn't and no one says he is (except whacked lefties on CD).
No one has accused Jordan of abuse, so down boy.

But Jordan IS being accused of knowingly allowing it to continue.

Way back in my military days, when calling for artillery strikes, the operative phrase was, "Silence denotes consent." Meaning the barrage would continue until notified otherwise by "Check fire!"

Jordan never did transmit that "check fire" directive. So the abuse continued during his watch.

No matter how long ago, he's still culpable and this won't evaporate, no matter how badly you want that lickspittle to skate away from it. Just try to think of a case where long completed sexual abuse has just disappeared from the radar once it's been made public.

Catholic church? Bill Cosby? Penn St? Michigan St? Several other GOP congressmen recently?

They've ALL been badly damaged by their involvement.

Like his daddy tRump, Jordan is on thin ice in the midst of a global warming summer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2018, 08:51 AM

3,385 posts, read 2,785,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Not necessarily true. College athletes are taught any problems team related stay in the locker-room and gets reported to the coaching staff. The coaches take it from there. Trust me on that. I am a former D1 Baseball Coach.

As far as legalities, we do not know the extent of the inappropriate touching. I do not believe all forms of in-appropriate touching are necessarily illegal, but it still does not make it right. That of course assuming things did happen.
I was a D1 wrestler. It wasn’t a sport or an activity - it was a job that gave me the right to pursue a free education.

If at 19, 20 or 21 years of age (many are losing the perspective here- adult age athletes) If I were to have encountered the same issue. I would have made sure it never happened again and then I would have brought it to the attention of law enforcement. I think that is how most adults would have handled this situation.

Any discussions With my coaches was limited to weight management and technique.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:33 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,282,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Any member of the coaching staff, who knew, could go to the administration.

Jordan enabled the actions by not reporting them.

Jordan needs to resign. The GOP needs to force him out if he will not.

This makes the Weiner issue look like nothing. To the point that Weiner should run again, all he did was send pictures to little girls.

Anyone supporting Jordan needs to see experience pedophilia first hand.
You are possibly the funniest poster on CD because you purposefully misuse and abuse data.

A) pedophilia is an attraction to pre-pubescent children, hence the "pedo" part from the Greek παῖς (pais). None of the people involved are children or even adolescents, which would be ephebophilia; a separate pathology. (but I know you know that)
B) Weiner actually is a proven and convicted ephebophiliac who also ought to be facing federal charges under 18 U.S. Code § 798
C) there is zero evidence Jordan had any knowledge, ZERO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Why is anyone connected to the Trump Admin. a scumbag?
The same reason everyone in the Obama Admin was a criminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
No one has accused Jordan of abuse, so down boy. But Jordan IS being accused of knowingly allowing it to continue.
Actually quite a few of your Fellow Travelers on the loony left are doing exactly that by saying "he is just like" (fill in your own choice here from "Sandusky", "Nassar", "Weiner", etc).

There is zero evidence Jordan knew because not one person has said "I reported this abuse to Coach Hellickson and Coach Jordan". I actually know both Hellickson and Jordan from their days in wrestling and there is no chance that if a wrestler walked into their offices and said "Dr. Strauss is sexually assaulting me" that they would have ignored such a report.

Old 07-09-2018, 10:43 AM

51,616 posts, read 25,673,407 times
Who you gonna believe? Seven wrestlers who have gone on record that they reported it and Jordan who's said, “Conversations in a locker room are a lot different than allegations of abuse or TimThe Enchanter?"

Old 07-09-2018, 10:44 AM

51,616 posts, read 25,673,407 times
Our own Joe Paterno.

Old 07-09-2018, 11:18 AM

4,771 posts, read 3,278,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
I was a D1 wrestler. It wasn’t a sport or an activity - it was a job that gave me the right to pursue a free education.

If at 19, 20 or 21 years of age (many are losing the perspective here- adult age athletes) If I were to have encountered the same issue. I would have made sure it never happened again and then I would have brought it to the attention of law enforcement. I think that is how most adults would have handled this situation.

Any discussions With my coaches was limited to weight management and technique.
Look, we are not talking rape or any sort of penetration here. At least that is not what the allegations are as far as what has been reported. It was a Dr engaged in what is being described as in-appropriate touching under the guise of medical care. Not all in-appropriate touching is necessarily considered criminal activity either. Sexual harassment yes.

Now there are to more then a couple of athletes from OSU and not just from the wrestling team speaking out so I believe there were in-appropriate things going on with this Dr. Since none of these athletes actually claimed to of reported it directly to their coaches or anyone else from the school of official capacity, I say they have a rather weak case against Jordan.

Old 07-09-2018, 12:10 PM

13,288 posts, read 7,840,725 times
I don't think wrestlers know how to throw a punch.

Old 07-09-2018, 04:25 PM

16,757 posts, read 8,174,387 times
Looks like Jordan going to join Weiner.

Old 07-09-2018, 05:10 PM

57,043 posts, read 26,013,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post

No one says he "saw the event". No one even says "I made a complaint to him". They've said "he knew" without having a clue as to what he did or did not know to be a fact.

If an athlete same forward and made a formal complaint to the coach then the coach would have reported it, period. No one did.

Quick, name the assistant coach for the other 13 teams at Ohio State University that allegedly had athletes "abused". Oh wait you can't? Why is that?

No Jordan says he didn't know.

How is it that male athletes from 13 other sports at OSU now say they too were "victims"? Not one reported it at the time? Not one called the police? It's been close to 30 years and the allegations are coming out NOW about a DEAD guy who can't refute the allegations, and it all comes out after MSU ponies up a HALF BILLION dollars to pay off from Nassar?
We don't know the details but many have come forward but only a few went on record. The investigation will take some time but right now there seems to a rather broad problem.

How many gymnasts that were violated at Michigan State filed formal reports, certainly not this length of time but plenty of history of things coming out decades later.

Jordan's claim that he didn't know when this amount of people came forward just doesn't fly. There are plenty of congressmen, celebrities and others where their behavior was exposed decades after the fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies