Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 08:02 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I'm not a Trumper and thought he was too. I mean really? He fled the country over mortgage fraud? And all the drama over the confiscated laptop was for nothing? I wasn't joking when I said I fell for the propaganda apparently.
It looked *bad* which is what attracted the speculators.

Nobody seems to be able to wait for facts anymore.

We get posts around here all the time that start out with "So, once Obama declares martial law" or "So, once Trump starts a nuclear war with China" type stuff....it's skeevy and a growing technique from the bottom scraping posters on this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2018, 09:18 PM

1,348 posts, read 792,156 times
Geez, there are alot of innocent and naive people on here.

This Paki spy, Awan, has the goods on so many people in Congress. Remember, he was their IT guy?
Do you grasp the amount of info he had access to and probably backed-up, as insurance.

He is not the big fish for us. The Congress scum are. There is more to come with all of this. Just hold on, fercrissakes.

(Oh and, the Feds have the server. So there's that. ;o)

Old 07-03-2018, 10:04 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Awan made a helluva lot of money for an IT guy. More than just from a rental. More than his bosses! Deep State protecting the Dems. Two-tier justice system at work.

Old 07-03-2018, 10:10 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Oh oh, I think the revolution has started........I hear shots !! Oh, wait, no, just my neighbors with some fireworks .

If this is a revolution, it is the most peaceful one in history. Looks like Jones was blowing smoke again.

Old 07-03-2018, 10:21 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Imran Awan, former IT staffer for several Democratic US House Members including Debbie Wasserman Schultz, has reached a plea deal for lying on his mortgage application. He lied when he said the home was his primary residence but it was really a rental home which he owned and rented to others.

There were lots of conspiracy theories about him and his family.

After investigating over a year, there are no findings of other crimes.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/03/polit...aud/index.html

The plea deal says: "The Government has uncovered no evidence that your client violated federal law with respect to the House computer system."

.. investigators had interviewed 40 witnesses in connection with those allegations, had taken custody of the House Democratic caucus server and subsequently "found no evidence (Awan) illegally removed House data from the House network or from House Members' offices ... or improperly accessed or transferred government information, including classified or sensitive information.

He didn't do anything nefarious with government servers, nor did he "flee the country." He went to Pakistan following his father's death to help take care of matters.

His big crime is lying about a rental house being his primary residence.

So another Republican bogus conspiracy theory bites the dust.

On to the next one.

Old 07-03-2018, 10:54 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
What the heck? I thought this guy was guilty of WAY WAY more then this. Guess I fell for the right wing propaganda.

It's been a few months since I last read anything about the Awan clan, but I do recall the issue was lots of access to sensitive data by people that were definitely underqualified and way, way overpaid.

"As demand for Awan’s services grew, he began recommending his family members, who had less formal training. His brother Abid, 33, started working on Capitol Hill in 2005. His wife, 33, joined in 2007. A friend, Rao Abbas, 37, who had most recently worked as a manager at a McDonald’s, was hired in 2012. And Imran’s youngest brother, Jamal, 24, started in 2014. Each held part-time jobs in multiple Democratic congressional offices. 'At the end of the day, whether they had formal training or not, they were trained on the job by Imran,' said one of Imran Awan’s lawyers, Aaron Marr Page. By 2016, the five worked for a combined three dozen lawmakers under separate part-time contracts with each office. The Awan family members were each paid between $157,000 and $168,000 that year, making them among the highest-paid staffers on the Hill. The salary cap for a congressional staffer is $174,000."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.7cefa57b105a

Taking advantage of a broken system isn't necessarily a criminal wrong-doing, but it is certainly worth examining. Obviously this was a Democrat-run circus.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:04 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
He didn't do anything nefarious with government servers, nor did he "flee the country." He went to Pakistan following his father's death to help take care of matters.

His big crime is lying about a rental house being his primary residence.

So another Republican bogus conspiracy theory bites the dust.

On to the next one.

Yep. They will keep wearing their tin foil hats, of course, and insist it's all some giant conspiracy and cover up, while at the same time, swallowing the lies of Donald Trump repeating Putin's lies to claim that there was no Russian interference in the election, despite that being confirmed by the entire US Intelligence community and now the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Funny how they eat up all of the silly crap like this and PizzaGate yet refuse to believe actual facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies