Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 10:01 PM

29,429 posts, read 16,347,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
. There is also a movement called #walkaway... people are leaving the Democratic party. Here's 2 post
yes, 2 posts and 6 random people on Twitter, LOL. Thats not a movement, its a monday night poker game.

Like others have said, the walk away argument is stupid, people do it on both sides. What makes this particular situation look bad is that none of these people ever have a history of being "Liberal" before they become famous or gain followers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 10:07 PM

Quote:
We went to a dinner where we were seated with what turned out to be liberals. They were really condescending toward the poor and blacks as if it weren't for them the poor and blacks could not figure out how to use a fork. They worked hard trying to impress everyone. The next evening we were supposed to sit with them again but made alternative plans. We didn't want to sit through another even of liberals breaking their arms to pat themselves on the back while they belittled people.
you have the best real life stories man, LOL

Old 07-05-2018, 10:10 PM

37,753 posts, read 40,828,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Oh for crying out loud.

Reuters conducts online surveys and asks respondents to self identify.

Reuters has no way of knowing if respondents are citizens, are registered to vote, let alone by party. They also have no way of knowing if respondents are in the 18-24 age bracket.

Absolutely nothing prevents me from responding to a survey and self identifying at whim.

Same deal with telephone polls.

People tend to buy into polls when the outcomes seem to validate their perceptions. When a poll outcome seems to invalidate their perceptions, they dismiss it.
Should have given you the link to Reuters, rather than the Breitbart story about it, so you could read it for yourself.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1I10YH

Old 07-05-2018, 11:23 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,721,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Yeah I will NEVER consider voting Republican until they stop trying to force a fundamentalist Christian theocracy on this country.
You'd rather have the far left allow radical Islam to take over the country?

Old 07-05-2018, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I am not a partisan and i know exactly who was for or against NAFTA, it was a {R} lead bill that both Clinton and VP Gore were behind and worked to pass it. But that was the past but now Trump has taken a hold of that issue but where are the {D}s.? Where is Sherrod Brown? is he publicly in support of Trump ripping up NAFTA to re negotiate the deal ? Has he been on CNN? Fox?

Off subject I am a big Traficant fan and loved his 1 min speeches and how he would smack down both sides. Brown is a moderate {D} and a good Senator for Ohio. Kasich legislative record speaks for itself and I think he is a true fiscal conservative. Portman is just another {R} and I can't stand him. Unlike Fox I am fair and balanced
It isnt the past. the lines didnt change. Thats the problem with your argument.

If free trade is your major argument, then at best, you should be Pro Trump , but not Pro republican.

By your own logic, any Democrat, like Sherrod Brown, should get your vote over Trump.

Old 07-06-2018, 04:22 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,830,518 times
Quote:
"The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter" - WC
Fortunately(?) the Internet, social media and endless 'news' have replaced the need to seek out this person.

Old 07-06-2018, 05:23 AM

76,991 posts, read 47,311,479 times
Quote:
We went to a dinner where we were seated with what turned out to be liberals. They were really condescending toward the poor and blacks as if it weren't for them the poor and blacks could not figure out how to use a fork. They worked hard trying to impress everyone. The next evening we were supposed to sit with them again but made alternative plans. We didn't want to sit through another even of liberals breaking their arms to pat themselves on the back while they belittled people.
And why exactly were you supposed to sit with the same people again? Something is not adding up here.

Old 07-06-2018, 05:46 AM

29,893 posts, read 18,733,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Why any white person would ever vote for a party that hates them and cultivates their demonization is beyong me. Brainwashing only goes so far, and if this is true, maybe it can be the beginning of changing academia from the ground up.
It's the white version of Uncle Tom.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:10 AM

88,620 posts, read 44,365,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sagain View Post
THAT ISNT AT ALL TRUE. They don’t like smaller government, they like government to work for large corporations and the war machine, which is HUNDREDS of times bigger than the DOMESTIC agenda of all presidencies. ITS A SIMPLE but effective LIE.
Might want to rethink which party is the party that supports the war machine. Click on the animation (PLAY) at this link:

American Leadership and War

Old 07-06-2018, 10:13 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,142,541 times
We're back to believing polls I see.

Just like in 2016, the only polls that matter are the elections. We'll see what happens in a few months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies