Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2018, 02:13 PM

19,720 posts, read 10,124,301 times

Advertisements

Scientists can be completely wrong, even when it is the accepted opinion. For example, for many years almost all doctors said that peptic ulcers were caused by stress. It was the only thing accepted. Then two doctors said they thought it was bacteria. They were ridiculed, until they proved they were right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 03:51 PM

33,540 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
And many disagree.
24 is not many.

Old 07-25-2018, 04:01 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:
And many disagree.
True, but so far most trends have been pointing towards their favor.

Trust me, I'd rather it be an ice age because I hate the heat..

Old 07-25-2018, 04:24 PM

1,675 posts, read 576,903 times
Quote:
Scientists can be completely wrong, even when it is the accepted opinion. For example, for many years almost all doctors said that peptic ulcers were caused by stress. It was the only thing accepted. Then two doctors said they thought it was bacteria. They were ridiculed, until they proved they were right.
I agree, scientists are often wrong. Next winter when people in northern latitude are completely freezing from record cold temperatures, then people will say that's whether not climate. Well it works both ways.

This is not science, it's politics. All the researches that don't agree with the narrative is discontinued. Scientists have to provide expected results if they want to continue getting funds. That's just how it is.
The west got richer in part thanks to oil and carbon. But now that they have reached their limit, NOW that developing countries are increasing their oil and carbon consumption, well, it's not good anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
True, but so far most trends have been pointing towards their favor.

Trust me, I'd rather it be an ice age because I hate the heat..
Warming climate is good for plants and animals. In cold climates, plants and animals die. That means humans dying as we live of plants and animals.
People are needlessly worrying about global warming, the real danger is global cooling. After the warming phase ends there will sure come the cooling. I think it will happen sooner than people think.

Last edited by thelogo; 07-25-2018 at 04:49 PM..

Old 07-25-2018, 04:36 PM

35,065 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
People are starting to realize, alright, especially in the western United States, where the mercury is going to places rarely seen, droughts worsen and fires rage.

Only the zealots continue to tell themselves their eyes are lying.
I was in Rapid City, SD in July 1973 when it hit 110° (link to historical data). Now that's rare. Though I was 16 at the time I didn't exactly panic either.

Old 07-25-2018, 04:42 PM

18,494 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
How were they proven right? Did AM radio and random people the internet prove they were right, or was there some other method that proved they were right?

Old 07-25-2018, 06:43 PM

19,720 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
How were they proven right? Did AM radio and random people the internet prove they were right, or was there some other method that proved they were right?
They were proven right through research. But the AGW crowd will just not accept any research that differs from their cause.

Old 07-25-2018, 07:07 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
Warming climate is good for plants and animals. In cold climates, plants and animals die. That means humans dying as we live of plants and animals.
People are needlessly worrying about global warming, the real danger is global cooling. After the warming phase ends there will sure come the cooling. I think it will happen sooner than people think.
Problem is that it's warming because of Co2. Co2 is good for plants but too much can even cause harm. causes their ability to fight off plant diseases to weaken, and at the same time, when it heats up, it causes moisture to evaporate stunting the process photosynthesis. So it gets an abundance of Co2 and heat but then that extra Co2 and heat causes the environment to dry up, thus causing the plant to die of heat and dehydration.

So there's a balance that is needed. Too much of a good thing can be bad.

Old 07-25-2018, 07:10 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,093,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
More signs of global warming. I expect the same nonsense, inanities, and vacuous comments from the Global Warming denialists. The rising worldwide temperatures are what are predicted from anthropological climate change. The science is settled on this matter.

The purpose of this thread is to point out the trends. If you care about future generations, you will want action taken immediately. If not, I suppose they can just burn.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...cid=spartanntp
Do you know the difference between weather and climate? If cold records are broken this upcoming winter, can I counter with a global cooling thread?

Old 07-25-2018, 07:12 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I'll tell you what....I will take the word of climate scientists over your ignorant speculations every day.
I guess one can be proud of their gullibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies