Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 04:45 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Al Gore made millions upon millions pushing fake global warming, off the very leftists which hang on to the pseudo scientists now looking to milk that same cow.

There isn't one climate study out there that has used the Scientific Method to prove any of it's claims.
No, that is not how Al Gore accumulated most of his wealth. https://business.financialpost.com/n...dential-defeat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 06:02 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Where is this info that Co2 has nothing to do with global warming?

Who was it 120,000 years ago that was spewing CO2 in the atmosphere to cause temperatures to rise 10.4°F (5.3°C) above today's average global temperature?

Old 08-06-2018, 07:46 PM

31,003 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Who was it 120,000 years ago that was spewing CO2 in the atmosphere to cause temperatures to rise 10.4°F (5.3°C) above today's average global temperature?
Mammoth gas

Old 08-06-2018, 09:20 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,349,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The Eemian interglacial period lasted from about 129,000 years ago to 116,000 years ago:

Mean temperature peaked in the first 3000 years of the Eemian, while precipitation remained relatively low. The Eemian then progressed from a seasonal continental climate to a more oceanic climate in Europe with higher precipitation. This oceanic climate may have been made more pronounced due to the connection between the Arctic and Atlantic oceans via the Baltic / Eemian Sea that opened up as global sea-level rose in the early Eemian (Zagwijn, 1996).

In Arctic Canada, the mean summer temperature was estimated to be 4 to 5oC higher than today and had vegetation similar to modern southwest Greenland (Frechette et al., 2006); Kienast et al. (2007), produced a pollen based climate reconstruction from the East Siberian Arctic and found the mean temperature of the warmest month during the warmest interval of the Last Interglacial was around 9 to 14.5oC, compared to 2.8oC today. These reconstructions also suggest that mean annual precipitation was up to 50 mm higher than today. In Alaska, summer temperatures were 1 to 2oC higher than today, but winters were 1 to 3oC cooler; in Greenland, summers were up to 5oC warmer than present. Animal fossils identified in a variety of localities around North America indicate a warmer climate than present and provide consistency with Last Interglacial climatic reconstructions from Europe, Japan and Australia (Muhs et al., 2002). Though there were significantly higher temperatures in many regions, it seems unlikely that average global temperatures were higher than 1oC compared to today (Hansen & Sato, 2011)
https://skepticalscience.com/LIG1-0706.html

So, unless you have a reason to believe otherwise, apparently it probably didn't affect global temperatures nearly so much as parts of the North, particularly Greenland.

Note that the previous link continues on through a series of additional pages. SkepticalScience.come really is neat. It has...like...the majority of refutations to just about every climate skeptic argument made. It's quite convenient.

Here's the next one that tells about this topic:
https://skepticalscience.com/LIG2-1906.html

Note that "ka" stands for a thousand years.

The full explanation, I believe, comes in about five or six different parts. Each new pages gives a link to the next section. I haven't read it in hardly any detail past part 2...but feel free to look over it if you're interested.

I'm just going to blindly trust the smart people and let other people do the research for this one. I'm finding out that takes less time. It's a brilliant strategy used by most of the climate skeptics and deniers on this website. You're one of the exceptions. You've actually posted data, so that's good, but I'm gong to be lazy now and not even read my own link. Presumably it makes sense

I guess I'll look up and seek answers to any specific criticisms anyone has with the link...but I ain't readin' that stuff if nobody else does. It's quite long, and it's very, very boring.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:26 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Extreme Weather? Mother Nature Has Gone Mad.

https://www.newsweek.com/wildfires-h...eather-1059641

Old 08-07-2018, 12:23 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Will Real Estate Prices start to soar in the cooler regions of the world. Me? I'd run down to Quito, Ecuador, at 9400 feet in altitude, 15 miles to the Equator, where it's in the high 60's, 70's year round. Or Bogota, Colombia at 8600 feet.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:17 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Extreme Weather? Mother Nature Has Gone Mad.

https://www.newsweek.com/wildfires-h...eather-1059641

And it's all man made.......

Old 08-07-2018, 06:25 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Will Real Estate Prices start to soar in the cooler regions of the world. Me? I'd run down to Quito, Ecuador, at 9400 feet in altitude, 15 miles to the Equator, where it's in the high 60's, 70's year round. Or Bogota, Colombia at 8600 feet.
Probably.

Maybe my house in upstate NY will be worth $800k in 20 years as everyone moves back to the northeast from the sunbelt.

Old 08-09-2018, 05:25 AM

35,000 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
You just described the number one most convincing argument for why we should instantly wreck our economy with gas and carbon taxes, recycle our used toilet paper, and live in the trees as hippy people.

We're not going to have any ability to pressure developing nations into developing clean forms of energy if we're not at least engaging in similar behaviors.
Do you really think that hair-shirt and self-abnegation policies by the U.S. are going to convince Third World countries to do or not do anything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
There are some ideas that might help with that, it seems. Industrialized nations would pay a fine to buy more carbon emissions. The fines would go to assist developing nations that weren't producing their maximum quota of carbon emissions. This would create an artificial benefit to green energy.

Those types of artificial manipulating of resources, like gas taxes where the income from the taxes is put into a pool and then distributed through society might become very useful in the future...but that's going to require the kind of international cooperation the world appears to have very, very little interest in. But that stuff should get way easier to do once fusion power is invented and practical, but that could be awhile.
Who would administer that pool. Could they be trusted not to dip into it themselves or for the benefit of favored world leaders?

Of course you could have relatively honest governments administer it. But that would be racism and colonialism. </sarcasm>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies