Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2018, 01:52 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
We're ALL gonna croak, some of us are gonna work at having a blast before we do, it's much more fun than .
The problem is you're forcing everyone else to party with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 01:54 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,925,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Well, you certainly know how to pee in the potato salad, dont'cha ? Like the other non-reactionary folks here, I will be grilling my government-inspected brats and celebrating the 4th with friends. We'll go over to the state-sponsored fireworks show and we'll have a lovely time. Have fun in the bunker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Said the frog in the simmering pot of water
Oh, just STOP! I've been "simmering" in this pot for 66 years now and I have NEVER felt unduly constrained by the government. I enjoy the benefits of a civilized society. I don't want unlicensed doctors or uninspected food or unlicensed drivers or people shooting heroin on the street. You want real freedom ? Go down to Skid Row in L.A.. You can shoot your drugs, crap in the street and no one will say a word to you.

Hate taxes? Then don't use the roads, don't fly, don't go to a park or a beach because these are things that I pay taxes to maintain and control.

What I notice from you complainers is a complete lack of SOLUTIONS. Oh, wait, you don't have any.

Old 07-04-2018, 01:56 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times
Quote:
Gee, maybe they figure those who whine so much about their so-called lack of freedom would be willing to join up and fight for what they claim they lack.
It's not a claim.

The only thing I can do to protect my freedom is to participate in the State's entities as little as possible--I don't vote, I pay as little taxes as possible, I use cryptocurrency, I rarely fly commercial, I have all my electronics encrypted, and I don't use social media, Google, or any other quasi-governmental company.

Old 07-04-2018, 01:56 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Got any pictures of the ones who've been shot?
Most people submit before it reaches that point. Do you disagree with the scenario that if you refuse to pay a tax you will be fined and if you refuse to pay the fine govt agents with guns will show up at your residence, and if you defend yourself and home against those agents you will be shot?

Old 07-04-2018, 01:59 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,987,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Shooting random people, running them off the road, and stealing what isn't yours isn't freedom--they are acts of aggression.

Nice straw man, though.
Yes, it is an act of aggression, but you can’t make claims about not being truly free if you aren’t able to do whatever you want. See how that works?

Old 07-04-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Oh, just STOP! I've been "simmering" in this pot for 66 years now and I have NEVER felt unduly constrained by the government. I enjoy the benefits of a civilized society. I don't want unlicensed doctors or uninspected food or unlicensed drivers or people shooting heroin on the street. You want real freedom ? Go down to Skid Row in L.A.. You can shoot your drugs, crap in the street and no one will say a word to you.

Hate taxes? Then don't use the roads, don't fly, don't go to a park or a beach because these are things that I pay taxes to maintain and control.

What I notice from you complainers is a complete lack of SOLUTIONS. Oh, wait, you don't have any.
Translation: Those in cages and body bags should have just followed orders...like me.

Old 07-04-2018, 02:00 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:

you've heard the solutions you just choose to ignore them.
And yes I hate money being stolen from myself and others, and since I have been victimized I will continue to use the roads, airports, beaches, etc.

Old 07-04-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Yes, it is an act of aggression, but you can’t make claims about not being truly free if you aren’t able to do whatever you want. See how that works?
Your freedom ends where the freedom of another man's begins.

See how that works?

Old 07-04-2018, 02:03 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,987,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Your freedom ends where the freedom of another man's begins.

See how that works?
So, you have created a rule to keep a civilized society. To do so, some freedoms have to be limited or removed. That’s the point. The things the OP are complaining about are needed for a civilized society to function.

Old 07-04-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
you've heard the solutions you just choose to ignore them.
And yes I hate money being stolen from myself and others, and since I have been victimized I will continue to use the roads, airports, beaches, etc.
It's like I tell the Statists all the time: Stop stealing from me at gunpoint and I'll stop using the things you are building with my money. Secondly, don't try to stop me when I peacefully build my own things using my own money.

Not a single bite yet. They can't resist. Whether it be the soccer dad cutting "public grass" so his kid can play in the field or the Japanese man wishing to die on the deserted island he has been living on for 29 years they always send out a warning or outright kidnap the man who wishes to be left alone or do something for himself.

Deep down they know if someone is self-reliant or gets things done/lives peacefully outside the government lines the other slaves may take notice of the sham known as the State. Can't have that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies