Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 11:59 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,993,563 times

Advertisements

Looks like the #METOO movement has moved north into Canada.......

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/woman-accu...tml#mycomments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRmE__r5d8o&t=32s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2018, 12:00 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,993,563 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRmE__r5d8o&t=32s

Old 07-07-2018, 12:12 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,105,346 times
I don’t like Trudeau but this is ridiculous!

Old 07-07-2018, 12:13 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,927,606 times
I hope he remains PM for life. That way, we in America can point and laugh and say, sure glad we don't have a wimp representing our mighty nation

I think I'll stay in America, thank you

Old 07-07-2018, 12:17 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Oh brother. How many Canadians? I live two hours from Canada, we have Canadians coming here all the time and they love him.

Old 07-07-2018, 12:20 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,927,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Oh brother. How many Canadians? I live two hours from Canada, we have Canadians coming here all the time and they love him.

You must be hanging out with the crowd that he marched with at the pride parade. I know many ordinary working class Canadians who are embarrassed by him. I can't blame them for feeling that way.

Old 07-07-2018, 12:30 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
You must be hanging out with the crowd that he marched with at the pride parade. I know many ordinary working class Canadians who are embarrassed by him. I can't blame them for feeling that way.
Perhaps they should put it to a vote? See if Trudeau wins again? Then what? Trump supporters will realize that just because Trump is a buffoon doesn't mean our allies have to genuflect to him? That's what this is all about. Trump supporters have seized on Trudeau because Trump did. If Trump says something negative about the UK, Scotland, France or Antartica, they will immediately echo him.

Old 07-07-2018, 03:30 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,400,743 times
I guess Justin thinks women should be believed, except for those that accuse him of sexual harassment. the hypocrite. he said in the yahoo article above: ….. he does not remember the incident the same way Knight does. However, the prime minister said he "did not act inappropriately" at a press conference on Thursday.....

5 months ago Trudeau said the following:

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says women who come forward with complaints of sexual assault and harassment must be supported and believed.

"These are not just compliments that were taken wrong, or comments that could have meant nothing. There are situations in the cases that we're discussing these days that fundamentally made women unsafe in the work environment, unsure about themselves and truly affected their lives," he said.

"There are no frivolous approaches that have been highlighted so far."

Trudeau said if allegations surfaced against him the same standards would apply.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...etoo-1.4511093

Last edited by texan2yankee; 07-07-2018 at 03:51 PM..

Old 07-07-2018, 03:34 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Perhaps they should put it to a vote? See if Trudeau wins again? Then what? Trump supporters will realize that just because Trump is a buffoon doesn't mean our allies have to genuflect to him? That's what this is all about. Trump supporters have seized on Trudeau because Trump did. If Trump says something negative about the UK, Scotland, France or Antartica, they will immediately echo him.
It’s like the world started for you on Nov. 16, 2016. I recall people saying negative stuff about Trudeau long before Trump won the election.

Old 07-07-2018, 03:41 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,001,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I guess Justin thinks women should be believed, except for those that accuse him of sexual harrassment. the hypocrite. he said in the yahoo article above: Trudeau, 46, said he does not remember the incident the same way Knight does. However, the prime minister said he "did not act inappropriately" at a press conference on Thursday following a meeting with Doug Ford, who was recently elected as Ontario's new premier.

4 months ago Trudeau said the following:

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says women who come forward with complaints of sexual assault and harassment must be supported and believed.

"These are not just compliments that were taken wrong, or comments that could have meant nothing. There are situations in the cases that we're discussing these days that fundamentally made women unsafe in the work environment, unsure about themselves and truly affected their lives," he said.

"There are no frivolous approaches that have been highlighted so far."

Trudeau said if allegations surfaced against him the same standards would apply.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...etoo-1.4511093
lol That is actually funny. What a twist, huh?

Whether or not the accusations have merit, that's just awkward for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies