Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you like Trump nefore he ran for office.
Yes, I liked him then and now. 42 18.67%
I liked him them but not now 10 4.44%
No I never liked him 148 65.78%
I didn't like him before but now I do. 25 11.11%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 10:13 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,767,538 times

Advertisements

I've known and watched Donald Trump for decades, and always found him to be a crass, self centered, egotistical, mean natured, dishonest, little man. He turned my stomach when I saw the terrible things he said and let Howard Stern say about his own daughter, and always got a creepy vibe from that relationship.

People in the Mid West might not know much about him, but a lot of us on this coast do, and that is why we have such disdain for the man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 10:29 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,847,632 times
I watched "The Apprentice" a time or two out of curiosity, but didn't pay close attention to it - it was sort of background noise. I thought Trump came across as a simplistic, clownish blowhard and a bully, but thought much of this personna was assumed and exaggerated for the TV program.

I was mistaken - that's exactly what Trump is, and those are probably the least of his flaws.

I initially took Trump's campaign as a sort of joke, something he was doing out of vanity for personal adulation and so he could brag that he had once run for president, and didn't pay close attention to him until the Republican Convention, which I found appalling, with a mean-spirited, jeering, divisive, hateful candidate as its outcome.

I started paying more attention after that, and nothing has changed my opinion of Trump since then.

Old 07-05-2018, 04:41 AM

27,414 posts, read 28,481,259 times
I have always been impressed by Donald Trump’s wealth, but I didn’t care much for his personality. Sort of “whatever.”

He is certainly the most interesting and game-changing President that I have seen in my lifetime. I doubt there will be anybody like him again.

Old 07-05-2018, 04:43 AM

8,342 posts, read 4,326,545 times
I thought he acted like a spoiled rich kid. He still does.

Old 07-05-2018, 05:16 AM

10,198 posts, read 6,271,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I've known and watched Donald Trump for decades, and always found him to be a crass, self centered, egotistical, mean natured, dishonest, little man. He turned my stomach when I saw the terrible things he said and let Howard Stern say about his own daughter, and always got a creepy vibe from that relationship.

People in the Mid West might not know much about him, but a lot of us on this coast do, and that is why we have such disdain for the man.
I had the "honor" of meeting him on my lunch break in Manhattan about 30 years ago. Creep is putting it mildly. As my Grandma used to say, "Money cannot buy you class." From another thread. "Do you think Trump is racist?" I can only go with a comment he said to me about "brown people". I will not use the term he said. Yes, he is a racist; at least towards Hispanics. Why would you make a remark like that to stranger you just met?

Changed my opinion after all these years? No. Only difference he is now a "creepy" old man with orange hair. It used to be a sandy brown. And, yes, bully is another very accurate description.

Old 07-05-2018, 05:30 AM

8,843 posts, read 4,510,325 times
Had no knowledge or opinion of President Trump prior his campaign. Never watched his shows. But I voted for him and will again

Old 07-05-2018, 05:40 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,128,418 times
I don't like reality TV, and years ago, I just saw him as another person keeping that genre alive. I also remember keeping up with his feud with Rosie O'Donnell and hating him for his remarks against her. I had actually forgotten all about that, though, and just saw an article about it online recently.

Old 07-05-2018, 05:48 AM

88,774 posts, read 44,561,469 times
I don't particularly like him, then or now. But I DO think he's doing a good job as POTUS. /shrug

Old 07-05-2018, 05:54 AM

88,774 posts, read 44,561,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I generally don’t like braggarts. I really don’t like Trump. He has a problem. None of his cult like followers seem to care he has a personality disorder.
That's because sane people don't vote based on who's going to be their new latest greatest "bestie." They vote based on who they think will do a better job as POTUS. Without a doubt, in electoral votes (which is what matters), Trump won in a landslide for that very reason.

Old 07-05-2018, 05:59 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,703,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA_guy View Post
I found him to be obnoxious, crass and lacking decorum but I didn't dislike him. He was just... there.
This. He seemed (and seems) very trashy, even with all of his money. Can't put lipstick on a pig.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies