Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2018, 10:19 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,351,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Mexicans (here illegally of course) are saving small towns in the U.S.? Lol, at what cost? They cost us over $100 billion a year, loss of jobs, reduced wages, overcrowded schools, jails, hospitals, roads and neighborhoods and add to our crime stats including felony ID theft, tax evasion and other crimes. They also deplete our social and natural resources. Why do I not feel "saved'?
Of course, all that you're saying is rubbish and typical nativist nonsense. Not surprising coming from you.

Immigrants actually commit crimes at lower rates than citizens.

Face facts: Immigrants commit fewer crimes than U.S.-born peers - Post-Tribune

They also pay more into the system than they take out. And if they're undocumented, they can't avail themselves of SS.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...n-not-a-burden
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 11:16 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Of course, all that you're saying is rubbish and typical nativist nonsense. Not surprising coming from you.

Immigrants actually commit crimes at lower rates than citizens.

Face facts: Immigrants commit fewer crimes than U.S.-born peers - Post-Tribune

They also pay more into the system than they take out. And if they're undocumented, they can't avail themselves of SS.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...n-not-a-burden
Nobody is talking about legal immigrants. We're focusing on illegally immigrants. It's a very important distinction. Do you have that data?

Old 07-08-2018, 11:17 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,591,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowrose3 View Post
Normstad. in reply to your comments,
I did NOT thank him for his service. Frankly, I've stopped saying that after reading most do NOT like this saying. btw, who was he serving? himself! Do you really 'think' he likes the USA, I can assure you he does not, and, I get the feeling neither do you. He's staying here to do what? to make california Mexico again (they had possession for 4 years only) why did they sell california? MONEY! Spain let Mexico have california if you want to know the truth, they ravished every ounce of 'worth' out of this state and left the carnage to the Mexicans.
So tell me Mr. Norm, who exactly would be incharge of the NEW california-Mexico? like this is ever going to happen.
It would be great if you could use the quote function so I knew which message you are talking about? Right now it doesn't make any sense.

Quote:
Secondly, another poster said exactly what I know, Carl Slim is in charge of NYT and, she's right, the employees are not going to say anything negative about Mexico. even though MR. Slim isn't Mexican at all, he arrived in Mexico to take advantage of Mexico and he still is!
First of all, it's not Carl Slim, it's Carlos Slim. And considering he was born in Mexico City, that pretty well makes him a Mexican.

Now, secondly, what do you know about the share structure of the NYT? If you don't, do some research. Slim owns Class A shares. That does not give him control.

Quote:
So, tell me Mr. Norm when are you leaving? Your heart is in the wrong country.
I've left. Not coming back until December.

Old 07-08-2018, 11:17 AM

22,457 posts, read 11,981,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
What does a decent person do when they're desperate and their kids life is at issue? I'm not suggesting that we need to let everyone cross by acknowledging that, but I also don't see them through the critical lens that you apparently do. It's like I can imagine myself in their shoes and that desperation would make me do anything to make my kids life better, something much more immediate that I would care about a lot more than laws, and you can't.
First of all, none of these people sneaking across the border is starving to death. If they were, they never would have made it across the hot desert.

If they were so desperate to get out of the banana republics, why didn't they ask Mexico for asylum? Or why didn't they head south to Costa Rica or Panama? The answer is simple --- they aren't desperate. They want the US for all the freebies. Once they birth an anchor baby, the whole family benefits in the form of EBT cards and eligibility for Section 8 housing. Not to mention, illegals have learned over the years that it is easy to walk all over us. Before Trump came along, previous administrations did nothing about illegal immigration. Obama, in fact, didn't allow ICE and the BP to properly do their jobs.

As for me personally, if I were "desperate", I would never go to another country illegally. It would bother my conscience. Plus I wouldn't put my kids through that given that I could be caught at any time and get deported. Can you imagine what that would do to kids in that situation?

Old 07-08-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post

I've left. Not coming back until December.
Why come back at all? Reading all your postings in various threads, it's very clear that you strongly dislike the US and feel that your own country, Canada, is far superior.

Old 07-08-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Mexicans (here illegally of course) are saving small towns in the U.S.? Lol, at what cost? They cost us over $100 billion a year, loss of jobs, reduced wages, overcrowded schools, jails, hospitals, roads and neighborhoods and add to our crime stats including felony ID theft, tax evasion and other crimes. They also deplete our social and natural resources. Why do I not feel "saved'?
Because you don't live in a rural small town/village? I do. We are very fortunate to have a tourist attraction that helps us, which brings in some 5-700 people a weekend.

Old 07-08-2018, 11:20 AM

3,356 posts, read 1,232,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
There is no anti immigrant fervor!!!!!!!!!

the concern is illegal entry/illegal aliens.

Needs must be assessed for front door entry and no citizenship attached. As trump stated!

Why is the 'Mexican government' not embarrassed that millions would flee that country??????????

Why does the media not refocus its energy to highlight the problem in mexico that causes millions to flee that country??????????? It would be a benefit to all those the media pretends to defend. Liberals never seek to solve problems, just nurture them for future use in forwarding a political agenda.

Annex Mexico!!!!!!
Things are better now in Mexico and immigration is way down from a decade ago thanks to a better Mexican economy and trade policies. The current influx is from Central America. You are behind the times.

Old 07-08-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Why come back at all? Reading all your postings in various threads, it's very clear that you strongly dislike the US and feel that your own country, Canada, is far superior.
I have no dislike for the people of the US. I have great friends and some distance relatives there, as well as some business associates. I have a problem with what currently is messing up much of what made the US a great, and good country. I'm not the only one who feels that way; the majority of US citizens are as concerned as I am. Some, like you, are not.

Old 07-08-2018, 11:23 AM

16,070 posts, read 10,732,474 times
Guess what is saving small town America. Mexicans!
I certainly know if one small midwestern town where that seems to be true. I’m not sure they would ever admit it.

Old 07-08-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I have no dislike for the people of the US. I have great friends and some distance relatives there, as well as some business associates. I have a problem with what currently is messing up much of what made the US a great, and good country. I'm not the only one who feels that way; the majority of US citizens are as concerned as I am. Some, like you, are not.
I'm concerned about how illegal immigration has gotten to this point.

I'm concerned about those who have lost their livelihoods due to illegal immigration.

I'm concerned about those who have lost loved ones at the hands of an illegal alien.

I'm concerned that far too many of us have seen our neighborhoods and schools destroyed by illegal aliens.

The above^^^^is what is messing up my country.

For you to say you're concerned is laughable. You don't see what is happening in the rest of the US. I bet you don't have any flophouses filled with illegal aliens next to your winter home. Am I correct?

Since you never said you had kids, you've never had to see their education get negatively impacted by huge influxes of illegal aliens.

You just don't get it and never will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies