Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 01:04 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I live in a very small village of 351 people, with the closest grocery store 30 miles away. Would love to see a non-smokestack, non-polluting larger employer move in. Diversity is a good thing, and most of us here would not care what color or national background people were.

One you are in a village in Canada. Two that has NOT been overrun with illegal aliens.
Three, this has nothing to do with diversity, not about color of skin or national background.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 01:05 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,591,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
One you are in a village in Canada. Two that has NOT been overrun with illegal aliens.
Three, this has nothing to do with diversity, not about color of skin or national background.
The other half of the year I live in my condo in Florida.

In fact, I pay more taxes in the USA over all than in Canada. I think I have the right to make a few comments now and then.

Old 07-16-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:

In fact, I pay more taxes in the USA over all than in Canada. I think I have the right to make a few comments now and then.

You can comment all you want but you have no idea what it is like living in small town America that has been inundated with illegals so don't expect anyone to take your comments about how you would take such a situation or what the effects are to heart no matter how much taxes you pay in the US.

You seem to think it is about diversity . You have no idea.

Old 07-16-2018, 01:13 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,591,534 times
Quote:
You can comment all you want but you have no idea what it is like living in small town America that has been inundated with illegals so don't expect anyone to take your comments about how you would take such a situation or what the effects are to heart no matter how much taxes you pay in the US.

You seem to think it is about diversity . You have no idea.
I think I do.

Old 07-16-2018, 01:34 PM

62,880 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
If you read it why you asking me questions about Mexicans birthrate. I'm not the one who made the claim only responded to another poster. Ask that poster about the source.

According to DHS in 2015 42,114 Mexicans overstayed their visa while 170,000 tried to cross the border. These of course are estimates because we don't have any record of the flow of Mexicans in and out of Mexico or illegals crossing the border back and forth. The only real numbers are those recorded caught crossing the border by border patrol. And that has been roughly 50K a month at least for April and May.

Source for numbers.
Homeland Security produces first estimate of foreign visitors to U.S. who overstay deadline to leave | Pew Research Center

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ally/91280026/

I don't know why the focus is on just Mexicans when it comes to Latinos who are not only the border jumpers but combined they over stay their visas more than any other group also. I guess they want to separate Mexicans from the other Latino groups to make it seem that all is good.

Old 07-16-2018, 01:37 PM

62,880 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:

Anyone who tries to make the issue of illegal immigration out to be a race issue is full of it and they know it. We have plenty of diversity via legal immigration and that's not the problem.

Old 07-16-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
I think I do.
What makes you think so.
You responded to my comment about the effects of illegal aliens on small town America (note I did not say what nationality or race the illegals are) in regards to employment, housing, education, infrastructure and services, crime and community with comments about diversity, race and culture.
This tells me you have no idea what it is like living in small town America.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:38 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,361,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
What does a decent person do when they're desperate and their kids life is at issue? I'm not suggesting that we need to let everyone cross by acknowledging that, but I also don't see them through the critical lens that you apparently do. It's like I can imagine myself in their shoes and that desperation would make me do anything to make my kids life better, something much more immediate that I would care about a lot more than laws, and you can't.
First off they shouldnt be having children if they csnt support them.
Secondly because they have children does not give them special privilige to break our laws.Where does that end? I want a better life for my kids, so here let me pistol whip you and steal your car?
In the end America cannot support the whole world and any argument justifying illegal immigration because the violaters have kids amounts to open border advocacy. Thats a fringe position that will never see reality.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:42 PM

34,015 posts, read 17,041,831 times
Quote:
I see. So why is the Trump administration trying to reverse the citizenship of naturalized citizens?
They aren't.

Old 08-04-2018, 08:00 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,361,840 times
Quote:

If you can afford to maintain a home in canada and another in florida and fly back and forth between them seasonally that suggests your net worth leaves you insulated from most negative issues caused by illegal immigrants. Furthermore Florida isnt being overrun by Mexicans.The latino immigrants there are an entirely different breed.
A big problem with todays illegals is they dont speak english, utterly refuse to learn, cannot assist their childrens education, and feel no need to assimilate. They dont want to live in America. They want to bring Mexico here.
Lastly their culture deems that they should have 4-5 children per family, or the man lacks virility, machismo. Need we discuss what an irresponsible thing that is to do? They overpopulate their home countries, and we are supposed to allow them to force their way in.... because they want a better life for their children?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies