Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 12:08 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Defiled? LOL. Wow the topic is sort of over the top. She climbed on it. OMG the horror.

Know what defiles our country? The things she is protesting against. Why do you folks turn a blind eye on that while freaking out about this?

Yes she may be deported-sometimes protesting has a price. Its by paying that price that you communicate how serious a topic is.

Welcome to democracy folks, its loud and messy. This person may have given up her ability to live in this country to communicate a message to people. Maybe its a message worth hearing. And maybe she felt it was a price worth paying.
democracy is defined by illegally climbing statues?
seems odd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 12:15 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,356,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
democracy is defined by illegally climbing statues?
seems odd.
Democracy is not defined by it, but it is part of it. Throughout our history our country has been a nation of folks who rebel. Its defined by this as much as its defined by dumping tea in a harbor.

Old 07-05-2018, 12:21 PM

1,991 posts, read 899,202 times
My God! The irony of the right saying this woman "defiled" the Statue of Liberty, when, by the thousands of posts on here and other forums, they have defiled the very tenets of what the Statue of Liberty stands for everyday. Can the right be anymore vacuous than this? It's hard to see how.

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Old 07-05-2018, 12:23 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Now we have migrants shutting down National Monuments in the name of Auntie Maxine and her Marxist causes.
The whole World saw this shameful and selfish action as another example of the Left's take no prisoners ideology.

Seriously----a Congolian?

Hundreds of families had their 4th of July ruined by this moron when the Feds shut down the island to tackle this wonderful example of the Hate America crowd.

Any thoughts?

And they wonder why we want to send them back to where they came from.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:18 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,077 times
Quote:
For those reading this, please be aware that most Americans arent this ignorant of geography. The Democratic Republic of the Congo. There I've taught some of you something.
I wouldn't count on that, lol.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:28 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,909,291 times
Quote:
So protests are only OK if they don't bother anyone? LOL. I don't think you understand the concept much. Thats sort of the point-getting peoples attention. That doesn't occur by sitting in a corner and muttering. Your argument is nonsense. If people hadnt protested, and made noise and disturbances-black people and women wouldn't be voting, or have equal rights.

Democracy is messy and loud. If you dont like that-maybe Democracy isnt for you.

For those reading this, please be aware that most Americans arent this ignorant of geography. The Democratic Republic of the Congo. There I've taught some of you something.
It gets my attention. Every outlandish stunt pulled off by a leftist just pushes me and most everyone I know more to the right. Even the ones in the middle are leaning right because of this. Keep it up and you will have Trump until January of 2025.

There is a difference between drawing attention to an injustice or even making someone uncomfortable about it and directly impacting someone monetarily. This woman should repay every single person evacuated from the attraction based on the fee schedule below. If the evacuation caused them to miss their next scheduled event, then tack that on as well.

https://www.nps.gov/stli/planyourvisit/fees.htm

Old 07-05-2018, 01:40 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Just wait, she'll come down too. Matter of time.
Yet another place where we will see a potential leftist , Islamic union both of which will be quite happy to bring her down.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:43 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
It gets my attention. Every outlandish stunt pulled off by a leftist just pushes me and most everyone I know more to the right. Even the ones in the middle are leaning right because of this. Keep it up and you will have Trump until January of 2025.

There is a difference between drawing attention to an injustice or even making someone uncomfortable about it and directly impacting someone monetarily. This woman should repay every single person evacuated from the attraction based on the fee schedule below. If the evacuation caused them to miss their next scheduled event, then tack that on as well.

https://www.nps.gov/stli/planyourvisit/fees.htm
So someone climbing the Statute of Liberty has got you to abandon your intended Republican vote and now you're going to cast a double secret super vote for the Republicans? How many regular votes does that count for?

Me? I don't make my political choices based on whether a complete stranger sat on a statute.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:44 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,148 times
the tolerant left displaying their intolerance again. keep it up!

Old 07-05-2018, 02:03 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Defiled? She defiled the Statue of Liberty by climbing to its base and sitting there for a few hours? Bit of an overstatement, don't you think?
Defilement is in the eye of the beholder. I make the rules here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies