Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 04:46 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Why are leftist so intent on allowing Latinos to freely cross into USA or allowing more Muslim “refugees” to enter USA when both these groups come from an anti-homosexual culture? Wouldn’t it be better for the homosexual community if these immigrants were restricted and properly vetted in the hopes of weeding out the more radical homophobes?

You can stop pretending to care about the LGBT community to score cheap points now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2018, 04:54 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I'm just saying the gay community has more to fear from Muslim immigrants than from American Christians.

Personally I'm okay with state reconignized gay marriage as long as businesses have the religious freedom to not participate in a gay wedding (different than refusing to do business with someone simply because they're gay). And as long as churches aren't required to perform gay marriage or forced to accept the gay lifestyle.

I don't think gays should be physically attacked or verbally harassed. The average Muslim feels very differently.

That's interesting, the "average Muslims" in my life accept me just fine. Average Christians, on the other hand...I was recently forced to leave a church because I am trans and lesbian. Before that my family, who are also Christian, disowned me when I came out to them.

Old 07-06-2018, 05:05 AM

21,118 posts, read 19,703,590 times
The Democrats figure that if they pander to enough interest groups, they might get a majority of the vote

Old 07-06-2018, 06:30 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We let your ancestors in and god only knows how anti-everything they probably were.

In fact, how many posters here had ancestors that were anti-black, anti-Catholic or anti-gay when they arrived?

Probably 99% of you. Get real.
True. Where I live the KKK was active until the late 70s. Here they did not talk about blacks, it was like 3% here at the time. They were anti Catholic. I saw one of their flyers of the time. It talked about conspiracies of "The Papacy"

Old 07-06-2018, 06:36 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,775 times
Quote:
Why are leftist so intent on allowing Latinos to freely cross into USA or allowing more Muslim “refugees” to enter USA when both these groups come from an anti-homosexual culture? Wouldn’t it be better for the homosexual community if these immigrants were restricted and properly vetted in the hopes of weeding out the more radical homophobes?
Methinks you don't understand this issue very well. Do some research on vetting process. The first sentence is nonsensical.

Old 07-06-2018, 06:36 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,085,244 times
OP...all 3 groups support the dems without problems. Homosexuals are just a fringe area of their vote. What are the homosexuals going to do? Vote for the reps?

The dems will sell their mother for a vote. They will turn America to Mexico in a heartbeat if it means their party will gain power. The reps are somewhat balanced in reality and know homosexuality for what is is...mental illness and a gender disorder.

The dems can't tell the truth if their life depended on it. If it means a vote the dems will destroy America for it, Obviously the reps don't ***** themselves for popular opinion. They will stick with the right view that homosexuality is a dis-ease and not natural or healthy behavior and is not something to be glorified as the dems try to brainwash America to believe.

Old 07-06-2018, 06:45 AM

17,619 posts, read 17,656,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
That's interesting, the "average Muslims" in my life accept me just fine. Average Christians, on the other hand...I was recently forced to leave a church because I am trans and lesbian. Before that my family, who are also Christian, disowned me when I came out to them.
This isn’t about average Muslim in USA. It’s about muslim refugees from other parts of the world like parts of Africa and Asia.

Old 07-06-2018, 07:39 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The most radical homophobes in the US are typically Christians, not Muslims. Statistically American Muslims are more accepting of homosexuality than evangelical Christians are. Let's say I support Trump's travel ban (I don't), Christians trying to take my rights in this country are more of an immediate threat to me than some radical Muslim that might make it through the vetting process.
Not evangelical Christians. Evangelical Protestants. The most unaccepting are Jehovah Witnesses (16%), followed by Mormans and Evangelical Protestants, which are tied (36%). Then come the Muslins (45%). The next lowest was Black Protestants (51%). All the other religions, including Mainline Protestants, Christians, Catholics, were above 60% acceptance. So no, it is NOT Christians that are doing anything you claim. Only 26.3% of Christian identify as evangelical. It is a small subset of individuals, and not even all of them.

By the way, just because someone chooses does “acceptance” of homosexuality and chose instead “should be discouraged” (which was the wording of the choices for the research) does not mean they practice any type of negative activity towards those that are homosexual. There are lots of things I don’t approve of that others do and I think it should be discouraged rather than encouraged by society, however by words and actions would be neutral towards people doing it because it’s their life, their business.

Views about homosexuality - Religion in America: U.S. Religious Data, Demographics and Statistics | Pew Research Center

Old 07-06-2018, 07:43 AM

50,269 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The most radical homophobes in the US are typically Christians, not Muslims. Statistically American Muslims are more accepting of homosexuality than evangelical Christians are. Let's say I support Trump's travel ban (I don't), Christians trying to take my rights in this country are more of an immediate threat to me than some radical Muslim that might make it through the vetting process.
When was the last time you saw a bunch of Christians toss homosexuals off a building?

Old 07-06-2018, 07:48 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,755,398 times
Quote:
Latinos are pretty damn accepting of LGBT folks. Mexico had equal marriage before the US did, as did Argentina, Uruguay, and Brazil. Does Latin America have problems, sure, but they are no worse than the problems here in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies