Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2018, 01:34 AM

15,702 posts, read 9,461,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You realize it happens to anyone who looks "different " as well right? Bikers,Dead Heads,Goth,Emo etc have this happen all the time as well. If one looks or does something different than the place they are at it raises suspicion and has forever.

It's not just a race thing as some would love for people to believe, it's a human nature thing.
I think sometimes it is clearly a race thing. On the other hand, as a photographer, I have been called in more times than I can remember. Sometimes the LEO is almost apologetic. Other times, they run me through the system.

Old 07-11-2018, 01:38 AM

15,702 posts, read 9,461,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grad_student200 View Post
I wonder if those same whites would have called the police on someone like Jeffrey Dahmer or Ted Bundy if they had been in the neighborhood.
You know he actually had the police called on him, right?

https://www.nytimes.com/1991/08/26/u...to-dahmer.html

Old 07-11-2018, 02:53 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,229,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Most of the people who say blacks have the exact same opportunities as whites, and that racial profiling and "white privilege" don't exist....are white.
Consider if these events happened in today's world to an African-American woman I'll call "Mariah":

(1) "Mariah" did her boss's job for an entire year as "interim manager" of a small 5-person department. She earned excellent performance reviews, and strong letters of recommendation from everyone she dealt with on the job (totally voluntary and unusual). Throughout the entire year as interim manager (and the time before, while working in the Department), she had not a single negative comment on or off the record. She had a graduate degree in the field when only a college degree was required; she had 5 years of experience when only 3 were required. She accomplished far more than any previous manager ever had. While normally an interim manager was given the official job after 3 months if everything went well, for Mariah, no decisions were made, and eventually an entire year went by. She finally demanded a decision, and got one: upper management (who had never met her) decided they wanted someone of a different race in the Manager position, and with no qualified applicants they were going to waive the minimum requirements of both education and experience to hire another, unqualified person who knew nothing about the job (or even the field). Mariah was expected to stay and continue to do the manager's job, while the new "Manager" got the higher pay and accolades.

(2) At least half the time when Mariah went to various retail or grocery stores, she would wait in line until reaching the cashier--at which point the cashier would choose to take her break, re-apportion the money in the register, or simply walk away. Similarly, when she went into a retail store, the cashiers would suddenly all disappear into the back. This was so consistent it got to be a joke among her friends.

(3) When going to any popular restaurant, as guests crowded in to get their names on the list, the Maitre D' (different ones every time, male and female) would purposely ignore Mariah (even as she stood right in front of them), making eye contact with every other guest to ask their names & the number in their party (for the list which determined who was seated/served first). Mariah would have to make a scene to get acknowledged at all. Again, it was a standing joke that it was going to be Maria's dinner that was "forgotten" when out with a group.

So.....WOULDN'T MARIAH SWEAR THAT SHE WAS BEING "DISCRIMINATED AGAINST"? Sure she would--except that the above are events and patterns are from MY life, and my spouse's life--and we are both lily-white. If I were black, I'd swear "the system" always discriminated against me & my spouse--and I'd have a thousand actual events to point to. So could someone post an actual case of discrimination against an African American--instead of these vague accusations? It seems to me that any actual discrimination is so rare that it floods the national news and results in massive lawsuit rewards.

In my entire life I've never seen a single instance of all this supposed "discrimination" against African Americans (except for reverse discrimination, which is everywhere). Likewise, I've never seen any "white privilege" in the cutthroat world of business, where any African Americans were given every job they applied for and every promotion that came up, regardless of their lack of qualifications while the white applicants were over-qualified.

Old 07-11-2018, 02:57 AM

37,937 posts, read 17,796,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
What you fail to understand is that the WHOLE can NEVER BE GREATER than the sum of its parts.

"According to the U.S Census Bureau "The per capita income for the overall population in 2008 was $26,964; for non-Hispanic Whites, it was $31,313; for Blacks, it was $18,406; for Asians, it was $30,292; and for Hispanics, it was $15,674."" SOURCE

Those numbers were from 10 years ago, but the gap has gotten worse.

The per capita income of black individuals is 18,000 and 31,000 for whites. That means that the average income of a black individual in America is 18,000 dollars and average income is 31,000 for white individual. Hence, if you take a black man and women both with the average income of 18,000 and they get married you get a black household income of 36,000. Do the same for the average white person and you get a white household income of 62,000.

I know you are not a rocket scientist, but all you need is elementary math skills to see that the gap of income between blacks and whites have little to do with rates of marriage. Its that BLACK INDIVIDUAL EARN 58% of what the average white individual EARNS!!!!
Says who? You have absolutely no proof to back up anything you've said.
Because 2 black people get married that all of a sudden means they are on equal ground with whites?
lol Keep ignoring the facts. Blacks are earning less because they are less educated. They are less educated because they don't have the 2 parent families to support them better. Do you actually think single parent children are equal to 2 parent children when all the numbers prove otherwise?????????

Quote:
That is not the worst of it, white families have 10 times the net worth of black families. Why? The reason is because WHITE INDIVIDUALS have a lot more average wealth and income creating wealth than black individuals (although much of wealth is wrapped up in ones home which are usually owned by couples). White home values are the result of whites not valuing living in any other community but white ones, which means most DOLLARS are demanding white communities which bids up the value of white homes. Contrarily, the only people who desire to live in black areas are generally black people, who are only 13% of the US population and who have far less dollars to bid up the value of homes in the black community, but also blacks desire to live in majority white communities as well. Then factor white flight and housing discrimination into the incubation and creation of white black neighborhoods.
None of this has to do with the fact that children from 2 parent families are much better off than children from single parent families. All you did was drone on and make something up about housing discrimination which didn't happen. That's another thing you got wrong.

Quote:
So marriage really does not have jack slit to do with the gaps between blacks and whites. The gaps are due to black individuals making less money and having less wealth.
Because they are less educated, they earn less money. The reason they are less educated is they do not have the support a 2 parent family would give them. But you keep making things up if it helps you sleep at night.

Quote:
Keep in mind the wealth is inheritable.....as well as poverty. 300 years of racial oppression stunted the accrual of wealth that would have been passed down to the current generation. In regards to poverty, poverty was the consequence of the end of slavery, as blacks were landless and penniless. Poverty is more likely to produce poverty than any other economic class is likely to produce the poor. Ergo, high black poverty was not born from single parent household....but the oppression of black individuals. A symptom or side affect of that oppression became.......higher rates of single parent households.
You made this all up. The main indicators of poverty are people who come from single parent homes, who don't work full time, who have kids before age 21 and don't marry. If one does the opposite of that they have a 75 percent chance of being middle class or higher, but you keep ignoring those facts while you blame whitey for keeping blacks down.

Quote:
Again.....some of you people WANT to be ignorant because ignorance is required to rationalize and hold onto your racism.
Nothing to do with racism, except on your part. The white devil isn't keeping you down.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Both MIU and Indentured servant have valid points.
Asians really push academics over everyone else. You show me a poor white trash family and Ill show you exactly what you get from inner city poor minorities. White trash doesn't push education, horrible life choices and down right short term thinking only.
Successful parents have a plan. They teach their children to plan. They teach personal responsibility. They teach values and have high expectations of their children. They teach them to succeed and how it's done.

A 2 parent family obviously has a greater success rate. That doesn't mean married and living together, it means active in their children's lives.

Why do so many blacks fail? Well part of the reason might be that they are taught from a very early age that they can't succeed. Not only by their parents but by the system, by the media, by Hollywood, you name it. Movies like to portray blacks as thugs. Yes you get some that are role models but many down right drive the negative stereo type.
I just watched Black Panther. Great movie, even though it was fairly political. It also in my opinion, portrayed blacks as ruthless and disloyal.

I am honored to have helped children and to have helped them in life. To role model successful behaviors, provide nurturing environments and yes been strict and set high expectations along with a lot of accountability. All but one went to college, the 1 opted for a trade school. (my favorite kid). All are doing well and making North of 70g a year.
Black children are not inferior. They are not dumber, slower or more prone to screw ups. Their parents might be. The same as white trash parents, hispanic trash parents, or people who grew up being taught that they were born losers with no hope of success.
Indentured servant hasn't made a valid point yet. And your notion that blacks are taught they cannot succeed is absurd as well.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:09 AM

Quote:
I think I missed your point relative to the point I was making. Also, for the record, African Immigrants have the highest educational attainment of any immigrant groups. What Asians, Africans and a lot of other come with is YOUR NATIVE CULTURE. Who you are and where you come from is intact and that serves as the FOUNDATION for your growth. African Americans lost their true culture...well....lost is being a bit too euphemistic....it was stripped from blacks to help break them and make them slaves. Never underestimate the power of knowing who you are, where you came from, your traditions and heritage. Also, Asians benefit from being a favored minority among whites and you doubly benefit in the "information age" of high tech, because whites stereotype Asians as smart and therefore they look to give a lot of opportunity to Asians and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Blacks are stereotyped as not smart....low IQs and lazy and that becomes a self fulfilling prophecy when whites treat blacks as such.
This is garbage. Slavery ended 150 years ago and the rate of single parents raising children didn't sky rocket until the 1960's when welfare became more prevalent.
Asians benefit from being a favored minority among whites. LMAO More proof of your bigotry. Blacks aren't making it because whitey is keeping them down but whitey loves asians so off course they are going to make it.
Asians make it because they have the highest rates of 2 parent families, they finish high school, they work full time jobs.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Yes....and it runs deeper than that because the damage to blacks was not just economical and cultural....the deepest damage has been psychological. Black people have to change the way we have been conditioned to see ourselves under a system and doctrine of white superiority. Until and unless the psychological component is addressed, the other attempts will fall woefully short.
The reason blacks act the way they do is because they aren't taught correctly/ as well because there is only 1 parent around vs 2. Gee that was hard to figure out.

Oh but whitey is keeping blacks down. Why there is absolutely more racism today than there was 25 years ago right?

Old 07-11-2018, 03:16 AM

Quote:
True...and it might help the rest of America to focus on the last 300 years and what was done, instead of skipping over it to go back thousands of years or to look to the future like nothing ever happened in the past.
What happened 300 years ago that caused blacks and all other groups to not raise their kids in 2 parent families starting around the mid 1960's? What took so long for that to happen? 100 years AFTER slavery ended that's when single parenthood kicked in. Couldn't be the welfare state could it? No it has to be the white devil because there is the same amount of racism today as there was 50 years ago, right? You'll ignore that too just like you've ignore all the other facts.

Old 07-11-2018, 04:08 AM

3,693 posts, read 1,347,956 times
Quote:
So you are just making a case for RACISM. This is based upon your theory, and the theory of many whites, that if something is "true" then its not racism. I do not necessarily buy your theory of why certain black people dominate sports as being rooted in "race". I mean, Nigerians and Kenyans are both of the so called "black" race.....yet....when was the last time you saw a Nigerian win a marathon?. Besides, science has it that blacks have the GREATEST GENETIC DIVERSITY, meaning you might find pockets of varying degrees of specialty expressions.

That having been said, you say what you say to set up that whites are superior in things like intellect and emotional intelligence, as a result of evolution, while blacks tend to be superior at things like running and jumping. You might not respect the definition of racism.....but if have such beliefs, then you are a racist regardless that you feel your beliefs are the TRUTH and therefore not racist.
All I was trying to demonstrate is how absurd it is to assert that there are no differences in the races. Without refuting that whatsoever you thought a rebuttal that simply labels me a racist was sufficient.

BTW despite competing in the olympics only since 1952 and boycotting 1976, Nigeria has won 24 olympics medals.
Your strawman limiting their success to marathons only is irrelevant. Kenyas medals were not all marathons.

Old 07-11-2018, 04:13 AM

3,693 posts, read 1,347,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Blacks are more criminal because they are poor.
All this "poor" argument can be removed by two words: Kiryas Joel.

A super poor community with almost zero crime.
And why? Because they have values.

The idea that blacks commit crimes because of poverty is disputed by the fact that the violent crime committed with the most disparity is rape. Not robbery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies