Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2018, 12:01 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Are we going tit for tat here? My 78 year old mother was at a park with her grand kids trying to put them on a swing. A black lady pushed her away and put her own child in the swing seat. She then said, "What are you going to do about it cracker"? My mother looked at her and said "God loves you". The idiot had no response.

No I was not going "tit for tat" just explaining to the person that in 2018 black people still have cars drive by them and people scream n*gger at them.

Everything is not always about a racial battle for you. Glad your mother has more sense about her than the idiot who harassed her.

Old 07-11-2018, 12:06 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
No I was not going "tit for tat" just explaining to the person that in 2018 black people still have cars drive by them and people scream n*gger at them.
It was very clear what you meant and why you said what you said.

Some folks are just looking to flip your words on you...

Old 07-11-2018, 12:17 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,363 times
Quote:
This happened to my husband last summer.....

It is not rare to occur in 2018.

Like I mentioned earlier, many people do not have the experience of being black in America. My late 70 year old aunt was recently pushed down and called the n-word in a big box store.
And like I estimated your husband has had thousands of cars drive by him before and since so we could easily say this is the behavior of one in TEN thousand people.
Is the behavior of that person even relevant? Blacks can be racist against whites too.

Old 07-11-2018, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
And like I estimated your husband has had thousands of cars drive by him before and since so we could easily say this is the behavior of one in TEN thousand people.
Is the behavior of that person even relevant? Blacks can be racist against whites too.

He's had this occur at least 10-20 times in his life - once he was attacked by some white men with bats when he was a teenager. It is a reason I've had to really work with him to decrease his own stereotypical view of white people. He primarily had negative, racially hostile situations with whites when he was a teen and his his early 20s.

The incident that occurred last summer, he was very disappointed about it. He is in his 40s so it had been about 10 years since something like that had occurred. We'd also moved from the south to the Midwest and he often bragged to his Chicago family about how nice white people were where we live now and he felt that those trashy people in the car who yelled that at him were trying to ruin the good reputation of the white people here lol.

On racism - I never said anything about black people not being racist. Not sure where you are getting that from. I also agree most white people don't scream this at black people to get their jollies off. However, many of them do. You not believing it is rather common is you not being black as if you were or you knew more than 10 black people, you'd meet a number of us who have had this occur. I've been called a n**ger b**ch to my face by white people (they were throwing a tantrum and I laughed at them, which made them madder). It is just something that black people know will still occur (if we are smart and don't fall for the okey doke in thinking stuff like this is in the past). Usually it occurs when the group of trashy people are in car and cannot be accosted for their words by the black person they are screaming at or it occurs when the white person gets halted from doing something by a black person, or mad at us. They throw a tantrum and call us a n**ger. I got called it often when I worked for a bank. It is one of the reasons why I made sure that I don't work in a job that serves the public.

Old 07-11-2018, 12:34 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
People just drive screaming the n word at you?

I have never seen that in my life and I dont believe the behavior of one person in a thousand is even relevant here.
Yes, this has happened to me a few times in the last two weeks. It has happened to me before a few times. Not everyday, but it has happened. I don't care if you don't believe it. You haven't seen it where YOU live. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean I haven't seen it. It is relevant to me because I don't like dealing with bigots.

Old 07-11-2018, 12:58 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
This happened to my husband last summer.....

It is not rare to occur in 2018.

Like I mentioned earlier, many people do not have the experience of being black in America. My late 70 year old aunt was recently pushed down and called the n-word in a big box store.
It happens more than some people might think. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't happening. It happened to me. It has happened to your husband. It happened to your aunt. Some individuals don't have any empathy. Some people will never understand and will never care, because they don't want to understand or care.

Old 07-11-2018, 01:46 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
Quote:
People just drive screaming the n word at you?

I have never seen that in my life and I dont believe the behavior of one person in a thousand is even relevant here.
Dude, it's nothing special. My husband and I have been yelled at "phaggots" before.

Old 07-11-2018, 01:49 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You made up the part about slavery being the cause for blacks being at the bottom of the totem pole.
Males not being home is because of welfare. Explain how whites are on welfare. Is that racism too? Explain how white southerners have a lower percentage of 2 parent families than those in the north and are more likely to be on welfare? Racism at work there?

Whitey isn't racist against Asians though but is racist against everyone else including white southerners.

The concept that there can be a many-to one cause to effect seems to escape you. Do you know how many different reasons there are for headaches? To follow your logic, if I said a group of people who had a history of concussions have a greater occurrence of headaches, you would chime in to discredit the theory based upon the fact that you know people who have headaches and they never had a concussion. Thus you dispute that concussions caused the greater propensity for headaches for the group. True, they may get headaches, sometimes, for the same reason that others sometimes get headaches that is not related to concussions. Ergo, you dispute the role of racial oppression in the exacerbation of the rate of single parent black households because there are single headed white households and whites were not racially oppressed. That, your reasoning, is what some would call conscientious stupidity.

People like to say that blacks came from Africa and Africa was far behind Europe, where whites came from, in technology and civilization. In other words, blacks were already at the bottom of the racial totem pole before enslavement in the west, meaning that enslavement had nothing to do with blacks’ lower standing. However, birth is a restart. Regardless of how great your homeland is or was in regards to invention, technology, culture, civilization….YOU ARE BORN NOT KNOWING ANY OF IT!!! Whatever Africa was not and whatever Europe was, in regards to achievement, a black child and white child born in America was starting off both as blank slates, ready to learn and emulate what THIS land had to offer. Any achievement gaps created henceforth from the first generation born in America, is the result of unequal treatment and opportunities in America. This is particularly true for black people, who are on average about 8 generation Americans. Any racial gaps in America is the result of AMERICA and not race

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 07-11-2018 at 02:15 PM..

Old 07-11-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Dude, it's nothing special. My husband and I have been yelled at "phaggots" before.

This is sad.

I believe you because I've seen it occur to people before as well. I've actually seen gay men attacked for walking down the street but I bet some other people have never seen it and don't believe it ever occurs.

My experiences with this is the reason why I am very vocal against anyone in my life who speaks ill of LGBTQ persons for no particular reason in my presence. And unfortunately, some black people I know are like this and they are way too focused on the sex lives of gay people, especially gay men. It is very weird. Usually these people call me a "dyke" for saying something against their hate speech, which is funny to me. I'm not a lesbian and could never be one lol - don't like women that much. I'm also married to a man and when I tell them this they respond in ways I imagine that some racist person would respond in that I "love phaggots" or something else ridiculous. I just tell them I love everyone but I hate discrimination and negative generalizations of people based on non-important facets of their lives. It is also just plain weird to me the fascination people have with the sex lives of gay people. I cannot even express how weird it is lol. On black people in particular, I also note that I am for "unity" of all black people, including LGBTQ persons and that historically we have actually been more tolerant and accepting than other groups until, as I noted above, more of us starting trying to emulate white patriarchal culture/customs to be "successful." Mostly I get into these conversations with the "hotep" types who want black people to be a certain way to be black - their certain way revolves around white patriarchal culture and a majority of them are too dumb to realize this.

Old 07-12-2018, 08:45 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
What does what you write have to do with my post?

Non-sequitor?
I presumed that the connection between mass incarceration and ruling by iron fist was kind of obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies