Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2018, 01:00 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
They're enjoying themselves calgirlinnc. The weather is good, and they don't like the Donald, and everything he stands for.

Now, I don't feel the same way. I don't hate Trump, and wouldn't cross the street to see him. Lots of folks here in England feel the same way as me.

But, mainly kids just don't like his attitude on many issues. He has come here to England, and insulted our PM in a newspaper article. Then, he takes it back to her face, and says actually he loves her.

You have voted in a lying sociopath as POTUC. That is your privilege. He steps out of America, and he is fair game. Long as nobody tries to hurt him, I'm fine with that.

The kiddies are flying a baby trump blimp. They know how thin skinned he is. I think it's brilliant......
I can't rep you again, but I'm thoroughly enjoying every one of your posts on this subject. And for the record, the majority of Americans feel exactly as you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 01:03 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
more like stupid PROGS the world over do what stupid PROGS always do.

same mentality exists this side of the pond. and there are still wonderful people over there that reject the stupid PROG poopthink

Old 07-13-2018, 01:03 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,843,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Maybe time to let the people of England handle their own business and ignore them.

If this is how they treat a good President and think about the voters of America who voted President Trump in, then let the Brits sink with the ship as illegal aliens and immigrants have turned England in a down spiral.

The Brits can’t even agree about Brexit and many government officials have resigned in the last month.

Americans are not even safe in England so think twice and Croatia and other former Eastern Block countries like Hungary are way nicer to visit and more safe!

Let the Brits admire dictators and see how long they will love their hate for a good person. I feel very offended by the actions of the mayor of London and will not travel there until he is gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
London has a Muslim mayor . It won't be long till they see Sharia law. Muslims do not assimilate ,they want to take over.
I say, let them eat crumpets!

(at least the radicals who hate conservative Americans and our President)
There are some who would love to have a leader like President Trump.

Old 07-13-2018, 01:05 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Why? How about they’re disgusted by his policies, his insults, his arrogance, his ignorance and generalized sorriness?

That’s how they feel about him. It’s their country, their city and their government. Opening up his piehole to chastise and threaten them can motivate people to protest.
Which policies? What exact policies are they disgusted? How are they impacted by them? And are the policies worse than Saudi Arabian policies which they seemed rather quiet about? I have not seen/read anything other than "we do not like Trump". The only thing remotely close was the Muslim ban, which I find laughable given how exceedingly difficult it is for many people to get even a tourist visa to the UK, effectively banning people from many countries unless you fit a very, very narrow criteria.

The protests were organized long before Trump made any comments about the UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
Some people are passionate about what they believe in. I'm sure that they are not out there everyday, protesting every little policy that they don't like. There is a time to put your feelings into action and march/protest for what you believe in.
But what are they "believing in"? Trump is not the president of the UK, and I fail to see what he has done that is worse than Saudi Arabia has done, yet no protests for Saudi Arabia. At that, as I mentioned about, what specifically are they protesting about?

Old 07-13-2018, 01:08 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,765,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
The 20 foot balloon was launched a few hours ago with the blessing of the London mayor, Sadiq Khan. It floats about 32 feet off the ground, and was launched in conjunction with the protests of thousands of British citizens, angry about the way Trump treats the British government.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1K30Z3
I wish they’d make regular balloons that you can buy online. I’d buy a few for the next pool party.

Old 07-13-2018, 01:11 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,427,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I can't rep you again, but I'm thoroughly enjoying every one of your posts on this subject. And for the record, the majority of Americans feel exactly as you do.
Thanks JAMS...... I watched Donald this afternoon. He stood to attention as the American anthem was played. The Queen stood by his side, with her 'jeez, I wish I was inside watching the telly' expression.

Then, they did the walk along the soldiers routine. He is supposed to walk just behind the Queen. He stumbled in front of her, and I thought the old girl would fall over!!.......

But, he enjoyed the show, and I don't begrudge him that. Very few people in England are really angry at Donald.

When we get really angry, it's not pretty. I remember the Poll Tax riots almost 30 years ago in London. Those guys brought down Margaret Thatcher.

The folks protesting Donald are all smiles. It's hard to get real angry at a dotard.

Old 07-13-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
They're enjoying themselves calgirlinnc. The weather is good, and they don't like the Donald, and everything he stands for.

Now, I don't feel the same way. I don't hate Trump, and wouldn't cross the street to see him. Lots of folks here in England feel the same way as me.

But, mainly kids just don't like his attitude on many issues. He has come here to England, and insulted our PM in a newspaper article. Then, he takes it back to her face, and says actually he loves her.

You have voted in a lying sociopath as POTUC. That is your privilege. He steps out of America, and he is fair game. Long as nobody tries to hurt him, I'm fine with that.

The kiddies are flying a baby trump blimp. They know how thin skinned he is. I think it's brilliant......
I say let them have their fun. They probably don't have jobs and find it a welcome reprieve from all the stabbings from muslim invaders who go around stabbing the citizens.

Old 07-13-2018, 01:15 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
It is laughable and stunning that Trump supporters would get all wound up that the UK is protesting Trump when Trump has been insulting the UK both here and even on their turf while on a state visit. He gave an interview to the Rupert Murdoch-owned Sun tabloid which covered everything from how much he liked Boris Johnson, who "I think he would make a great prime minister" to saying Theresa May mishandled Brexit and didn't take his advice.

What would Trump do if Theresa May came to the U.S. and gave an interview with the Washington Post, saying Trump mishandled this trade war we're having and didn't take her advice and that Howard Schultz would make a great president? Then came to the White House smiling in photos for a dinner Trump hosted? Trump would lose his mind with rage.

Trump supporters better get used to our allies protesting Trump because Trump directly insults our allies all the time and romanticizes global dictators instead.

Donald Trump gives bomb-throwing interview to British tabloid
https://www.vox.com/2018/7/12/175664...it-theresa-may

By the way, Trump denying the interview this morning is laughable. Is he calling his bestie Rupert Murdoch a liar?

Old 07-13-2018, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
No EnglishDave, don't get all excited and get your knickers in a knot. The majority of Americans do not feel the way you do about this. Now if we are talking about illegals who voted by the millions, we might have an agreement. Otherwise, it would be like saying that you agree with all the muslim invaders who are stabbing your people over there.

Since you are over there, you cannot see the media reports of all the support our president has. The MSM would have you believe that there isn't much. You'd be mistaken. Anyone trying to convince you otherwise is a radical liberal with extreme tendencies toward deceitful and misleading information about President Trump.

Believe what you want though, there are many Americans who believe all the reports of your dismal, gloomy controlled country.
Actually, I have had first hand reports.

Old 07-13-2018, 01:23 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,427,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
I say let them have their fun. They probably don't have jobs and find it a welcome reprieve from all the stabbings from muslim invaders who go around stabbing the citizens.
Hey come on 4dognight, we haven't had any Muslims stabbing us for a while now...... be fair!! The stabbings in London are kids stabbing each other over disrespect, and whatever. You guys have the same sort of thing going on, but with guns. The police are coming down on them like a ton of bricks. They will get a handle on this.

Ordinary folks, going about their business have no problems. Who cares about London, and what goes on there? Americans can come here, and travel round this island of mine in safety. Plus we like Americans! Been that way forever.

But, the kids are having some fun with the Donald. He thinks he can say what he wants, even undermining our PM in a newspaper. If she did the same thing about Donald, you guys would go nuts.

We're not trying to hurt him........ just flying a blimp for gawds sake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies