Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2018, 01:26 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times

Advertisements

There have been certain responses that continue to stray from what I believed to be a very simple post. As usual, the discussion derails elsewhere.

The consensus I get is, that if you are a Trump supporter you will come to his defense without reason. Any, and I mean ANY educated (even partially) logical human being thinks his response that I posted is a decent normal presidential (even simply an adult human being) response reflects on that person.

The response was terrible. Uninformed, childish, lacking any substance, and shows he is as politically naive as many of the voters who stand by him blindly without saying anything negative about him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2018, 01:26 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Wow, they were far more knowledgeable and articulate than most American protestors. I imagine those man on the street interviews you see so much of here where the people can’t even name the Vice President would be very difficult to produce there. Despite being in another country, I bet most of them even know who our Vice President is, and could probably name the last five at least.

That being said, I honestly don’t care what they think. He’s not their president. The biggest threat to them is trade and NATO, but England isn’t getting the brunt of that. I never understood why they loved Obama so much when his policies helped their present troubles with migration, but oh well.
Soros hires a better grade of bum in England than here. Perhaps they work for less there.

Old 07-14-2018, 01:27 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
All I can say is...really? This is our POTUS's response to Brexit.What actually did he say other than a poor attempt at covering up the fact he has no clue about it.

I watched this twice, and I guess I don't understand the english language anymore:

https://www.facebook.com/bbcnewsnigh...9627550387423/
He said it’s not for him to comment on. Your problem is you are continually brainwashed by your left wing FB feed.

Old 07-14-2018, 01:29 PM

307 posts, read 224,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Those pathetic people couldn't even defend themselves in WWII.

England is expendable, so let it fall. Who cares!!!
Okay. Lets reverse engineer history and you
go live in England when Hitler was bombing them. Who's pathetic? A country that needed our help being
blasted by an egomanica, narcissist, racist, etc (sound like orangeaid but I'm referring to Hitler) or
those without knowledge condemning their country without a shred of fact. I vote on the latter. Then
look up the history of what used to be our ally. Nevermind. That will get distorted by you, too.

Old 07-14-2018, 01:30 PM

46,957 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Trump is President of the United States, and OP is posting on City Data.
City-Data has dozens of posters whose posts demonstrate both broader and deeper understanding of Brexit than Trump has. That's kinda the problem.

He's on a working visit to the UK, and he can't even put a coherent sentence together about UK's biggest political issue. It's goddamn embarrassing. But yes, you and yours propelled him to an office that he's manifestly unfit for, so go you.

Old 07-14-2018, 01:30 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Gotta love selectively edited segments on Fox News.
You don't know anything about any edits that may or may not have been made, yet you spew your BS recklessly anyway. Stop the hate, hater.

Old 07-14-2018, 01:31 PM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I feel very offended by the actions of the mayor of London and will not travel there until he is gone!
The mayor of London is the one who encouraged the protests. He doesn't even care that London's crime rate keeps going up on his watch and is now higher than New York's.

He'd rather be floating balloons of Donald Trump.

Old 07-14-2018, 01:32 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
I didn't hear him say that the UK will be at the back of the line as far as trade if they continue with Brexit. That was refreshing. He said it is not his place to comment on it.

Old 07-14-2018, 01:34 PM

46,957 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
He said it’s not for him to comment on.
Then he mentioned his electoral vote count, which is where his brain runs when he's faced with difficult questions.

But if he can't verbalize a thought on the biggest foreign policy issue plaguing the UK, then what the ever-lovin' is he traveling there for? The views? (I was about to say "Not the food", but any man barbarous enough to eat well-done steak might like English food.)

Old 07-14-2018, 01:36 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
There have been certain responses that continue to stray from what I believed to be a very simple post. As usual, the discussion derails elsewhere.

The consensus I get is, that if you are a Trump supporter you will come to his defense without reason. Any, and I mean ANY educated (even partially) logical human being thinks his response that I posted is a decent normal presidential (even simply an adult human being) response reflects on that person.

The response was terrible. Uninformed, childish, lacking any substance, and shows he is as politically naive as many of the voters who stand by him blindly without saying anything negative about him.
What substance should there be to such a question? Their country their decisions. We need to stop making it our business to pontificate on the workings of other countries and their democratic elections/issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies