Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2018, 12:06 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,163,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Stop being obtuse. The policy is all guests must be with a resident.
No, you are the one being obtuse. You want to quote a rule that says "a guest must be accompanied by a resident." Yet you also want to ignore the FACT There is NO rule that says a ID is required. You can't have it both ways. Either the rules are sacrosanct or they are not. In this case there is NO rule stating that ID is needed.

Quote:
Where do you see it written as you claim only “a pass is needed”?
I believe the cops in the video quoted the sign. I think I saw it elsewhere too.

From the HOA Website...

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 07-07-2018 at 12:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2018, 01:04 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,730,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
In today's climate, that's not necessarily what that means. He could very well be attempting to stave off the mob.

Not showing ID that you have on you upon it being requested is strange and anti-community. It means that people can go into private pools, refuse to show identity, and then have no fear that they will be ejected lest the person calling the police lose their job.

This entire scenario is merely a move toward further black-privilege wherein holding them to normal standards of behavior gets you fired.
And as many, many people have pointed out, we don't always carry our wallets to the pool. So you have no idea if this woman had ID on her, and as it was not required by the posted rules, it is bizarre to suddenly demand it anyway.

Old 07-07-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Which she refused to show, correct?

He said he physically checks everyone's pass often. Likely to keep people from using passes that are not their own.
No not correct. She showed the electronic pass, which even the police said should have been the end of it, and he still demanded ID.

Old 07-07-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It’s a freaking pool and they destroyed a man’s life over it. This society is F’d.
No he called the cops, which led to his getting fired. His actions, his choices, his responsibility.

Old 07-07-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
So is every other state but you can't fire or not hire someone for racial reasons.
Except your assertion that he was fired for being white. He has always been white, this is not a new occurrence. What is new, is that he called the police on a black woman at his neighborhood pool refusing to give him an ID he was not entitled to see.

Old 07-07-2018, 01:14 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,960,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Except your assertion that he was fired for being white. He has always been white, this is not a new occurrence. What is new, is that he called the police on a black woman at his neighborhood pool refusing to give him an ID he was not entitled to see.
While being white. He would have kept his job and it would have been a non-issue if he had been another color and you know it.

Old 07-07-2018, 01:25 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,396,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Give me a break.

There are PLENTY of insults that can be lobbed at whites that have a ring of truth to them. Y’all ain’t perfect by any stretch.
Like?

Old 07-07-2018, 01:40 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,669,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
This is all BS. Having an opinion or asking questions is not being racist.

If he s asking for it, show the damn proof or answer in a civilized manner. 1 minute of butt hurtedness makes a man lose his job.

IF some stranger comes in the pool, I am sure asking them their damn ID or their key, for the safety of my children and other children, if I have never seen them before.

If people know that's the way they are treated, why embarrass yourself further?? Is something that's happening for centuries going to change by a facebook post??
Wow. So you think you have the right to be the police?

I'd die before I ever lived anywhere with an HOA so I could avoid living near people like you (among a million other reasons) but if pigs flew and I ever did, I'd tell you exactly what to do with my ID if you approached me in that manner.

This guy got what he deserved. I'm not even talking about the alleged racism, just morseso the Nazi neighbors like this loser who like to play cops and go on pathetic power trips. Serves him right.

Old 07-07-2018, 01:41 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,805,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
His supporters don’t.

White folks get seriously wounded by words. Like, REALLY wounded. I know better. I’ve seen it plenty of times.

I grew up in a mostly white city. Went to a mostly white university. Served in a mostly white Army. I know what I’ve seen and I can’t be fooled.

I’m not the one. Try that myth on someone else. Hell, I’ve seen big tough white dudes threaten to commit suicide because they were dumped by a girl.
There’s a difference:

Most people get wounded by words if the words are spoken by someone they love, admire or care about because that person has actual knowledge of who they are as a person and have a basis by which to judge.

Few people get wounded by words if the words are spoken (or written) by someone they don’t know, admire or care about because that person has zero actual knowledge of who they are as a person and have no basis by which to judge.

The Root article falls into the second scenario. Sentient Marshmallow, given the source, is funny not hurtful.

Old 07-07-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
While being white. He would have kept his job and it would have been a non-issue if he had been another color and you know it.
Actually, neither you nor I know that at all. You should learn the difference between opinion and fact.

And just to be clear, you are making the assertion that he got in trouble for being an ahole white white, correct? And that you likewise think if he was say asian and an ahole it would be a non-issue, correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies