Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2018, 09:56 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
And exactly how many people who commit a misdemeanor are immediately thrown into jail? Because that's the crime in question here. I know the right thinks they came up with this great argument to supposedly prove that this isn't an obscenely awful and inhumane way to treat people but it's wrong.

You think the people committing all of these activities are immediately taken into custody and their children taken away from them and put into kiddie jail?

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/7-fe...rossing-border
How else do address someone entering a country illegally? Thats a pretty serious law to break. It's certainly not a parking ticket or loitering in front of a 7-11. I like to know that I can comfortably sit at home and watch tv, while ICE and BP is doing the hard work of arresting and deporting these unknown who knows what people that don't want to enter legally for some strange reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Exactly, we'd just get another agency acting under the same fail policies. Makes no sense.
I agree, we need to let them fully protect the border. A wall would be nice, would force some choke points where BP can round up illegals easier and send them right back.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Easy to say by people sit 'en in their nice cozy homes, driving their nice cars, eating their tasty foods.

What comes around goes around. Mark my words, the day will come where the u.s will be a different metoo movement.
You want to US to fail because we don't allow just anyone to walk across the border? Every country in the world has immigration and vetting. Why are you surprised about this?

Old 07-08-2018, 10:04 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Easy to say by people sit 'en in their nice cozy homes, driving their nice cars, eating their tasty foods.

What comes around goes around. Mark my words, the day will come where the u.s will be a different metoo movement.
The left is doing their best to ensure that happens sooner rather than later.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:38 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times
Quote:
Exactly, we'd just get another agency acting under the same fail policies. Makes no sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
I agree, we need to let them fully protect the border. A wall would be nice, would force some choke points where BP can round up illegals easier and send them right back.
Not what I meant and you know that. Changing one agency for another without a change in policy (which is not law) does not change a thing. And speaking of walls, Israel has one, Germany had one, China has one, since when has the u.s. become so jealous of other countries they wish to be just like them?
Quote:
You want to US to fail because we don't allow just anyone to walk across the border? Every country in the world has immigration and vetting. Why are you surprised about this?
They separate all families who cross the border. Are you going to tell me, that is a surprise to you?
Quote:
their cruel parents dragged them
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The left is doing their best to ensure that happens sooner rather than later.
The left? America is ISIS best recruitment tool, ever. Step back and take a look at what, 'they' see.

I'm sure the line they begin with is, "America don't want you, they hate you and they show you this all the time. Look at what they do."

Now we are throwing children into the mix. The left is the least of the worries about the change in environment and living conditions to stay the same in the u.s.

btw: has anyone ever gave thought to the interment camps being that of a test run? I know, for who right? think about it. I'm not paranoid, I just don't put anything past our u.s. gov and the crap they pull.

Oh, but you guys just keep going on about the gov cracking down on illegals as a good thing, Just makes it that much easier on them to do what you can't see and further more, would never even think about.

What comes around, goes around ... when it happens where do you think you're going to go, that doors would open for an American who stood by and watched their president tear families apart? Trump is doing ISIS work for them and you guys thought Obama was bad.

Old 07-08-2018, 11:05 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:

Easy for you to say "let them all in" while sitting in your nice, cozy home, driving a nice car and eating tasty foods.

You've apparently never known what it is like to have a flophouse filled with illegal aliens on your street. Nor have you seen your neighborhoods and schools destroyed due to illegal immigration. Nor have you lost your livelihood due to illegal immigration.

A "metoo" movement started by illegal aliens? Seriously? Illegal aliens, no matter where in the world they are from, no matter how they got here, have no business being here, let alone making demands of us.

Old 07-08-2018, 11:14 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Not what I meant and you know that. Changing one agency for another without a change in policy (which is not law) does not change a thing. And speaking of walls, Israel has one, Germany had one, China has one, since when has the u.s. become so jealous of other countries they wish to be just like them?

They separate all families who cross the border. Are you going to tell me, that is a surprise to you?

The left? America is ISIS best recruitment tool, ever. Step back and take a look at what, 'they' see.

I'm sure the line they begin with is, "America don't want you, they hate you and they show you this all the time. Look at what they do."

Now we are throwing children into the mix. The left is the least of the worries about the change in environment and living conditions to stay the same in the u.s.

btw: has anyone ever gave thought to the interment camps being that of a test run? I know, for who right? think about it. I'm not paranoid, I just don't put anything past our u.s. gov and the crap they pull.[

Oh, but you guys just keep going on about the gov cracking down on illegals as a good thing, Just makes it that much easier on them to do what you can't see and further more, would never even think about.

What comes around, goes around ... when it happens where do you think you're going to go, that doors would open for an American who stood by and watched their president tear families apart? Trump is doing ISIS work for them and you guys thought Obama was bad.
Per the first bolded comment --- What a vile remark. And, yes, you are paranoid.

Per the second bolded comment --- Apparently, you want open borders and allow the entire third world to just walk in here. If we, as a nation, allow that, we will sink into third world status ourselves. Is that what you want for your kids and grandkids, if you have any? I know I want better than that for my descendants. You are naive if you think that everybody who sneaks in across the border is sweet and innocent and just wants to work. Plenty of those who sneak in here, come to do harm to us.

Do you understand that the vast majority of these recent asylum claims are bogus? Have you read the excuses they make? How about---"I'm afraid of the gangs". Many Americans live in bad neighborhoods and are afraid of the gangs. Should they show up at the Canadian border and ask for asylum? Then there is this excuse --- "My husband beats me." Many Americans are victims of domestic violence. Should they show up at the Canadian border and ask for asylum?

If these people from the banana republics are so afraid, then why didn't they ask Mexico for asylum? Or why not go south and ask Costa Rica or Panama for asylum? Answer---they want the US for all the freebies.

All countries in the world have immigration laws and expect those who want to immigrate there to do so in accordance with their laws. Why do you think the US should be any different?

You seriously need to get a grip.

Old 07-09-2018, 12:33 AM

Quote:

btw: has anyone ever gave thought to the interment camps being that of a test run? I know, for who right? think about it. I'm not paranoid, I just don't put anything past our u.s. gov and the crap they pull.

I've crossed the border many times and haven't been separated.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:03 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times
Quote:
I've crossed the border many times and haven't been separated.
How about this?:

Because We Can: Border Patrol Agent’s Presumed Authority To Search Your Electronic Devices

Old 07-09-2018, 08:46 AM

I've crossed the border many times and haven't had my phone searched. Whatever is going on there is either legal or it's not. We must abide by it if it's legal or change the law; if it's not legal then sue them or a court can stop them.

But what is your point? This isn't a reason to abolish ICE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies