Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 09:02 AM

4,087 posts, read 3,222,494 times

Advertisements

Yes, for everybody. Just be PRESIDENTAL. Let most things just roll of his shoulders without knee-jerk replies. Learn the gift of SPIN. It can be a politicians .... best asset to not knowing a complete answer or to not look not knowledgeable and do un-true statements and exaggerations.

Just give them less bait to feed off of Mr. President. From his announcement last night of a Supreme Court nominee. He seemed to stick to a written script. Sooooo much better. I only saw the first few minutes though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 09:04 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,685,811 times
This morning, he tweeted about the cave rescue of those boys in Thailand. That wasn't offensive. You see, that's a low bar. I was expecting him to point how the US helped and how he personally sent US dive teams to assist and how we should be thanking Trump personally for their rescue.

But he didn't do that. I was pleased. That is the closest to presidential he's been so far. Let's have more of that.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:06 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,136,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Her heart was in the right place, she does care about people ...
"You could put half of Trump supporters into what I call a basket of deplorables"

- Hillary "heart in the right place" Clinton

Old 07-10-2018, 09:10 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,163,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
"You could put half of Trump supporters into what I call a basket of deplorables"

So, why would you not think you were part of the other half?

Old 07-10-2018, 09:27 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,349,600 times
"I resign" might get him the ratings he seeks.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:52 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,690,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
Yes, for everybody. Just be PRESIDENTAL. Let most things just roll of his shoulders without knee-jerk replies. Learn the gift of SPIN. It can be a politicians .... best asset to not knowing a complete answer or to not look not knowledgeable and do un-true statements and exaggerations.

Just give them less bait to feed off of Mr. President. From his announcement last night of a Supreme Court nominee. He seemed to stick to a written script. Sooooo much better. I only saw the first few minutes though.
If he hadn't had a script and some medication to calm him down he would have gone into his happy dance

Old 07-10-2018, 09:54 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,421,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
This morning, he tweeted about the cave rescue of those boys in Thailand. That wasn't offensive. You see, that's a low bar. I was expecting him to point how the US helped and how he personally sent US dive teams to assist and how we should be thanking Trump personally for their rescue.

But he didn't do that. I was pleased. That is the closest to presidential he's been so far. Let's have more of that.
Yes, that would definitely be nice.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:06 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,421,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post

I would call out rascals to, to protect the people of this great land.

Trump is like a magnet for everything bad. He draws those people like flies to s**t.

Yes, we all know what he said "I am self funding and will hire the best people, not the biggest donors!"

Two lies in one sentence ... typical. He ran his company with tax cheats and scam artists, he packed his campaign with criminals, he packed his cabinet with billionaire donors, he packed the west wing with lobbyists.

... and he has had the most embarrassingly high turnover rate of high level staffers for a multitude of sad reasons. His administration is scandal-ridden and he is still the odds-on favorite of NAZIs and hate-mongers.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:29 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I would call out rascals to, to protect the people of this great land.

Trump is like a magnet for everything bad. He draws those people like flies to s**t.

Yes, we all know what he said "I am self funding and will hire the best people, not the biggest donors!"

Two lies in one sentence ... typical. He ran his company with tax cheats and scam artists, he packed his campaign with criminals, he packed his cabinet with billionaire donors, he packed the west wing with lobbyists.

... and he has had the most embarrassingly high turnover rate of high level staffers for a multitude of sad reasons. His administration is scandal-ridden and he is still the odds-on favorite of NAZIs and hate-mongers.
The days of walking on pins & needles is OVER!
The days of worrying about someone elses feelings has ENDED!
It is well past due, some toes get stepped on and let them cry themselves to sleep in their pity, or Freedom & Liberty for all, is lost.

Let's do this!

Old 07-10-2018, 10:45 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,163,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The days of walking on pins & needles is OVER!
The days of worrying about someone elses feelings has ENDED!
It is well past due, some toes get stepped on and let them cry themselves to sleep in their pity, or Freedom & Liberty for all, is lost.

Let's do this!
You're right. What in the world was I thinking of when I believed that the interests of ALL Americans were something the POTUS should strive to serve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies