Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2018, 12:47 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I really can't think of anything. He can't even eat ice cream without triggering the liberals. No matter what he says, it's proof of collusion with Russia. Even if he doesn't say anything at all, it's proof that he has dementia. Maybe the dems can help us identify something that actually doesn't offend them.
If he wasn’t such an offensive person, there would be no problem, now would there be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2018, 12:49 PM

1,991 posts, read 900,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Two Americans living in the same economic conditions. They earn $45k a year, have the same amount of debt, the same number of dependents. One seeks gov't assistance wherever possible; the other doesn't. Which one is likely to be the liberal? When you expect gov't to give you help, first it will never be enough, you'll always want (need) more, you'll even be angered. You'll be unhappy. It's impossible for gov't to provide the masses everything they need.
The problem with your premise is that you only assume it's liberals who rely on government assistance. When in truth, just as many Trump voters rely on government assistance as well. Go ahead, I dare you Conservatives to take away welfare, food stamps, and especially disability. Let's see how well that plays in 2020.

Old 07-09-2018, 01:01 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
In a word, No. The left will attack anything and everything Trump does even if it is exactly what they wanted done. The right was the same way with Obama. That is because moderates are ignored in favor of the extremists.
Look at N.Korea. First it was Trump is going to start a nuclear war because he won't talk to Kim. The left were wringing their hands in anger because we were going to continue the war games.
Trump talks to Kim. Agrees to cancel the war games.
The left. Trump legitimized Kim by talking to him. Trump got played, he ended the war games.
Personally I think we got far to little, but then I expected very little.
Only the left can make the failings of the ACA Trump's fault.
Only the left can make the ME problems about Trump, while seeming blind to the fact that ISIS is a shadow of what it became while Obama was the president.
Only the left would consider Trump a war monger and yet cheer that Obama got a peace prize. How many countries did Obama expand the use of our military in active operations compared to Trump?
Trump hates science. (I tend to agree). The left turns a blind eye to the fact that the USA lost it's ability to put our own people into space on Obama's watch and never recovered it. In short we learned how to do it and did it in less time than Obama's time in office, yet his admin couldn't do it. Trump will get an undeserved win when it happens on his watch.
Trump is a chump, but the left feeds Trump's base with their false outrage and lame arguments, not to mention failure to hold their own accountable. Trump is that bad. No need to nit pick.
Regarding NK - Trump himself was doing a victory dance before even meeting with Kim. Came home and told everybody they could sleep better at night because NK would be denuclearizing. You may have expected little, but Trump sure didn't.

Actually, insurers are in turmoil over Trump's suspension of payments under the ACA.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/07/u...obamacare.html

Regarding ISIS: https://www.factcheck.org/2018/03/tr...redit-on-isis/

Regarding being a war monger (and mind you, I'm not fan of war nor of a lot of the actions under Obama):
https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/08/09...dented-levels/

And who really cares about space when we have so many problems here at home? Sure Elon Musk and a few others, but the "space force" isn't really what is on people's minds nowadays.

Old 07-09-2018, 01:05 PM

830 posts, read 486,635 times
Quote:
Is there anything that Trump can do or say that wouldn't offend leftists?
You're a racist for even asking the question!

Old 07-09-2018, 01:12 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
The problem with your premise is that you only assume it's liberals who rely on government assistance. When in truth, just as many Trump voters rely on government assistance as well. Go ahead, I dare you Conservatives to take away welfare, food stamps, and especially disability. Let's see how well that plays in 2020.
Very true. It's not liberals that depend on government assistance.

The following states have the highest rate of SS disability claims: Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, and West Virginia. All of those states supported Trump EXCEPT Maine.

States with the highest numbers of people receiving SNAP: Louisiana, Tennessee, Oregon, West Virginia, New Mexico, and Mississippi. All of those states supported Trump except for Oregon and New Mexico.

I'd be happy to share more FACTS about who uses government assistance, but facts are something beyond the comprehension level of those that like to throw around words like "Liberal" and "Snowflake" as insults.

Old 07-09-2018, 01:31 PM

251 posts, read 148,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post

The following states have the highest rate of SS disability claims: Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, and West Virginia. All of those states supported Trump EXCEPT Maine.

States with the highest numbers of people receiving SNAP: Louisiana, Tennessee, Oregon, West Virginia, New Mexico, and Mississippi. All of those states supported Trump except for Oregon and New Mexico.

I'd be happy to share more FACTS about who uses government assistance, but facts are something beyond the comprehension level of those that like to throw around words like "Liberal" and "Snowflake" as insults.
Sooooo entirely spot on.

You beat me to it!

Old 07-09-2018, 01:43 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
I really can't think of anything. He can't even eat ice cream without triggering the liberals. No matter what he says, it's proof of collusion with Russia. Even if he doesn't say anything at all, it's proof that he has dementia. Maybe the dems can help us identify something that actually doesn't offend them.
You appear not to really know your dear leader.

He LIKES to offend people. He LIKES to fight with people. He LIKES to anger people. He LIKES to divide people. This excuse about 'hitting back' is BS. He's very simply--obnoxious. And he enjoys being obnoxious.

Everything he says or does is for himself, his ego, and his minority base. He doesn't care about the majority of the country. He has to comment on everything--dumb things, low priority things, petty things--anything to keep himself in the headlines and his big fat face on camera.

If he told the truth--"Hey folks--I am a huge phony and have been playing a lot of people...I can no longer do this and am leaving to do what I really love--golf, listen to myself talk and be on TV 24/7." That would not offend me.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:22 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post

Then do so. Make sure you break it down demographically and per capita.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:24 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
He could move to Russia with most of the Republican Party who enables him. Ryan also for being a spineless wimp.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:38 PM

8,484 posts, read 6,889,316 times
Well. I hereby resign as President of the United States of America. That would do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies