Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2018, 06:05 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,713,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Lots of people cringe at the crap he says but would still rather have him than Clinton. I am one of them.
That pretty much sums up my feelings. If the democrats had run most anyone (reasonably speaking) other than HRC....they would have gotten my vote.

I believe there were millions of people in the same boat as me. They were horrified at our choices....but in the end couldn't vote for HRC, so we decided to try something new, as frightening as it might have been.

Trump is unorthodox and unconventional to say the least....but without the media fanning the flames against him at every turn, who knows, he may be the change agent we need to improve things well in the future. Sometimes you need to break a few things so you can reassemble them into something better in the future.

Time will tell. Perhaps the democrats will nominate someone with a few freight trucks less baggage next time. We can always hope. Although, the two party system is pretty much broken, and I'm not a supporter of either party anymore. Put up a reasonably candidate who I think can do the job I wish them to do, and I'll vote for him or her, but I'll not vote for anyone just because of their party label. I'm long past that.

Old 07-08-2018, 06:12 AM

37,796 posts, read 40,996,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Lies on what? He IS pushing away our allies, and for many things he says, all you gotta do is look to the horse's mouth.
Our allies that are screwing us in trade deals? In paying their share for NATO? In aiding and encouraging hordes of dope dealers, human smugglers and poor people to pass through their country to ours, invasion style? In putting the worst countries on the human rights council in the UN? Those allies?

I voted for Trump because I think he gets things done and I'll vote for him again for the same reason.

Old 07-08-2018, 06:14 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times
His base are so mesmerized and brainwashed they will believe anything he does or says no matter how moronic it may seem.An example of what they like to hear =
https://goo.gl/images/d4NQzm

Old 07-08-2018, 06:18 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,842,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
Trump can't be trusted he will put America first.

He's been bankrupt 4 times, where domestic banks wouldn't give him loans anymore. He is embedded with foreign white collar corruption.

He has five kids with three progressively younger woman. He looks at woman and treats them like objects based on his own words.

He appoints unqualified Billionaires for cabinet positions.

The economy is doing good because of the previous administration not his policy.

Tax cut for the wealth.

Started a trade war.

We need to modernize our global and domestic policy not tear up whats in place.

Where have you been since January 2017? Watching CNN? He has been putting America first since he was inaugurated.

Old 07-08-2018, 06:24 AM

58,992 posts, read 27,280,292 times
Quote:
Seems like he can do no wrong.
What's your limit for this guy? To those that are Trump fans.

What if he becomes close allies with dictators?

Just going by what I see posted here. Like the "Reassessing our allies" thread. Just reeks of "troll". And there just seems to be every excuse imaginable for Trump these days.

TDA is alive and well with many libs!

Old 07-08-2018, 06:26 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,567,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Our allies that are screwing us in trade deals? In paying their share for NATO? In aiding and encouraging hordes of dope dealers, human smugglers and poor people to pass through their country to ours, invasion style? In putting the worst countries on the human rights council in the UN? Those allies?

I voted for Trump because I think he gets things done and I'll vote for him again for the same reason.
Spot on as usual. They can't stand that Trump is succeeding, even it if benefits them, which it has.

Old 07-08-2018, 06:26 AM

58,992 posts, read 27,280,292 times
Quote:
Lies on what? He IS pushing away our allies, and for many things he says, all you gotta do is look to the horse's mouth.

"he IS pushing away our allies,"

Thank you for your very biased "opinion", which is all it is.

Old 07-08-2018, 06:30 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,842,348 times
This thread is a perfect example of snowflake meltdown like we saw the day after the election. We just can't hear the screams.
The liberal left here are preaching to the choir here with their false accusations and "moral" support for each other's posts.

Some of the things President Trump says is to pull your string (as well as MSM) and you let him.
Your precious saviour Barrack did it to the conservatives and you hailed him as king.

Old 07-08-2018, 06:57 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Obama bowed for America. Trump stands up for America. Nuff said.
tRump bows like a dog before the Saudi prince.

The Saudis, who attacked us on 9/11.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:04 AM

6,931 posts, read 218,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Could you please explain your thinking, especially as relates to Obama, since that's more recent?

I'm trying to imagine what you consider to be Trump's minor "foibles." He's had three marriages, fathering children in each, while being known as a mostly uninterested father. He has bragged about his adultery. He describes his own daughter in distastefully sexual terms. He has been involved in multiple bankruptcies. He has stiffed people, refusing to pay them. He has gotten in trouble with the government for his racist business policies. He is alienating our traditional democratic allies and cozying up to authoritarian dictators. He lies incessantly, about everything, even about the height of his buildings. He insults people right and left. He makes statements that are totally wrong, such as the idiocy about the Wisconsin elections, but then refuses to retract or apologize, and in fact sometimes keeps right on repeating them. He has advocated violence toward people who don't agree with him. He is flounderingly inarticulate, but tends to be grandiose and inflammatory. He is using the office of the presidency to enrich himself on an unthinkable scale of conflict of interest.

And I'm not even going into his specific dim-witted political ideas or policies, such as his off-handedly threatening nuclear war.

Most normal people would not consider these "foibles."

What exactly do you find worse about Obama, in comparison?

By the way, nice try, Chicano, but you don't seem to be getting many real answers.
(Clarallel drops the mic)

Clarallel, That was perfect!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies