Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2018, 02:11 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,960,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
How far will Trump have to go before you realize "Wow, there really is something wrong with this guy?"

If people didn't think something was wrong with him from the beginning, those are the people who are problematic. But just because someone has something wrong with him doesn't necessarily equate to what a person can do. There are many people with diagnosed conditions where society might look at them in a negative light solely due to their issues, whereas at the same time they are productive in society.

I'm not a Trump fan. Part of me thinks he's a ticking time bomb. Yet here he is, more than a year into being POTUS. His actions while in power may have little to do with something being wrong with him, and may simply be due to how he approaches his job.

I see a man who throws caution to the wind, who has little empathy for those around him, who will try to chew you apart if you don't do it his way, who approaches life like a kid with little regard of consequences of his actions. I've met many people similar to him in real life. There are plenty of people who wear different hats in life, a$$holes out in the working world and nice family people.

I disagree. I believe Trump's actions are based mostly on his dysfunctional personality. If he wasn't a narcissist and quite possibly a sociopath, he would not behave as he does. Trump seems utterly incapable of empathy or understanding ANYONE'S point of view but his own. Everything he does is motivated by his thoughts, feelings, and desires; nothing else. I seriously doubt he is a good family man. He seems distant and disconnected from his home and children (though of course, none of us know for sure).

But I'm not even as concerned with Trump and his dysfunction as with the American people, specifically, Americans who continue to defend his indefensible actions. That's who I am concerned about. If they voted for Trump because they hated Hillary or felt she was inappropriate, fine: I understand that. But how can they continue to defend Trump and claim he is good president? As long as there are people out there who readily defend a guy who is doing what Trump is doing to America, Trump II can happen again. And I'm not sure we can handle a second episode.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:12 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I disagree. I believe Trump's actions are based mostly on his dysfunctional personality. If he wasn't a narcissist and quite possibly a sociopath, he would not behave as he does. Trump seems utterly incapable of empathy or understanding ANYONE'S point of view but his own. Everything he does is motivated by his thoughts, feelings, and desires; nothing else. I seriously doubt he is a good family man. He seems distant and disconnected from his home and children (though of course, none of us know for sure).

But I'm not even as concerned with Trump and his dysfunction as with the American people, specifically, Americans who continue to defend his indefensible actions. That's who I am concerned about. If they voted for Trump because they hated Hillary or felt she was inappropriate, fine: I understand that. But how can they continue to defend Trump and claim he is good president? As long as there are people out there who readily defend a guy who is doing what Trump is doing to America, Trump II can happen again. And I'm not sure we can handle a second episode.
You haven't survived the first yet.

Old 07-09-2018, 03:41 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,036,378 times
You really just don't get it, do you? Years of lies, corruption, fraud, etc. has caused the pendulum to swing too far to the right in response to the left completely blowing their credibility. That pendulum kept swinging farther left week by week, month by month, year by year. Finally people came out of their trance and now it's too late. You keep ignoring us in the middle and are wrongly focusing on his hard core fans. Until the middle sees something or someone better, Trump won't be going anywhere. All your "dig deep" advice won't mean squat. It is cute though, reading the "ooooohh, you're in big trouble now" comments from the left. So darn cute.

Old 07-09-2018, 04:25 PM

23,548 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
This was cleared up earlier in the thread. Thirty, possibly 36, military members with the Indo-Pacific Command and stationed in Okinawa left for Thailand in response to a request from their government on June 26th. They are there in a support capacity. There has been spotty coverage of this story. Trump's tweet, as usual, was vague and incomplete, and there was no follow up from the White House, leaving readers scrambling to figure out what the heck he meant.

And these are active duty military members, so they are most definitely being paid for their service to the cave rescue mission in Thailand.
Like I had said previously, it's not Trump's fault if the lamestream won't report on a story. Many, outside of the lamestream, had not only reported on this story back in late June , they had also reported followups to the story -- which is how I had learned, last month, that the team from the Indo-Pacific Command had gone in to help. If your media wasn't spending the majority of their time riding the hate Trump train, trying to incite you rather than to inform you, then you probably would have known about that team last month. Maybe you should stop pinning the blame on Trump and put it where it belongs - your media. Start holding your media responsible and maybe they'll finally start reporting the news again.

I'm not a regular Fox viewer, but at least Fox had reported about that team last month, and, has continued to report followups to the story.

His tweet didn't leave me "scrambling to figure out what the heck he meant". I knew what he was talking about and that is probably because I don't solely rely on the lamestream for my news.

Last edited by berdee; 07-09-2018 at 04:37 PM..

Old 07-09-2018, 04:46 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Berdee, you and I are clearly not going to agree on this, but I do think it's an issue that our president routinely uses the limited features of Twitter to share important information with the American public rather than working cooperatively with news media. That means that, yes, he must swallow his frustration and allow all of the news organizations access, even those he dislikes, rather than playing favorites with Fox because people watch and read all sorts of programs and publications to figure out what is going on in their country and world.

Old 07-09-2018, 05:38 PM

23,548 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Berdee, you and I are clearly not going to agree on this, but I do think it's an issue that our president routinely uses the limited features of Twitter to share important information with the American public rather than working cooperatively with news media. That means that, yes, he must swallow his frustration and allow all of the news organizations access, even those he dislikes, rather than playing favorites with Fox because people watch and read all sorts of programs and publications to figure out what is going on in their country and world.
He's not playing favorites. If the media is informed about what is going on then typically all of the media is told. Whether to use the story or not is up to the individual media source. Even ABC knew about that team and had reported on it last month. ABC had willingly and knowingly reported fake info that had crashed the stock market, if any media source should be ignored by Trump then it should be them, but he's not ignoring them, obviously. If ABC knew then no doubt the rest of the lamestream knew, even wapo knew and reported on it last month. If cnn or msdnc hasn't been reporting on this story then it is because they don't want to report on it...are you saying that Trump needs to force them to report a story? lol, yeah, right.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:47 PM

1,070 posts, read 392,396 times
Let’s ignore the name calling and “Hilary woulda been worse” for a minute...

Instead, let’s talk about what Trump has done and not done. Only insignificant legislation has been passed, just inconsequential EO’s have been passed...

Not one single REPUBLICAN agrees with Trump’s tariffs or foreign policy - not ONE!

Why is he meeting w/Putin one-on-one?!

As a biz owner and high-earner, I’ll personally do NOT welcome the tax cuts as my kids and grandkids will need to pay for them. Public companies are doing stock-buybacks which boosts the their stock prices, they AIN’T providing raises - again, I’d rather have pay raises for people who will spend the money and stimulate the economy. I ain’t in Mnuchin’s financial situation, but it’s simply an economic fact that Mnucuchin - and I - won’t spend the tax cuts - we already have our nice houses, BMW’s etc., so, we’ll simply $bank the tax cuts. Trickle-F’yin down has NEVER worked. Trickle-up is much more effective in stimulating the economy. Give Trump’s coal miners and laid off mfg guys a $500 tax cut and they’ll spend it all on six-packs. Brilliant marketing strategy Donald - this is all it takes to get their votes!! - $millions/$billions for you and Mnuchin etc. and pennies for low-earners - just enuff to get their votes!

Again, domestic policy is dictated by Congress, NOT the president. Foreign policy is virtually 100% controlled by the president - I gotta go now - I need more scotch..

Old 07-09-2018, 07:09 PM

21,121 posts, read 19,707,707 times
If he said he no longer enjoys grabbing pu$$y.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:13 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,908,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Seems like he can do no wrong.
What's your limit for this guy? To those that are Trump fans.

What if he becomes close allies with dictators?

Just going by what I see posted here. Like the "Reassessing our allies" thread. Just reeks of "troll". And there just seems to be every excuse imaginable for Trump these days.
You said it all, nothing more needs to be said, "He can do no wrong"!! I'm glad you are finally coming around to the fact that we have a great president who is accomplishing great things. America is finally on the right track. If only we could get all of the democrats who seem to hate America and the great progress we are experiencing to stop their hate for America and enjoy the good times...

You speak of him becoming close to a dictator, I have to ask, just how old are you? Ignorance is bliss so they say... enjoy...

God loves you and Trump loves you, it's only gonna get better for the next six years... Rejoice....

Old 07-09-2018, 10:52 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,399 times
Still waiting on that list of terrible things he's done as president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies