Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 09:43 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Sooooo you're saying that the government should have no right to regulate abortions in any way?
Now you're getting it. The decision whether or not to abort a fetus should be 100% a personal, private decision with no input from the State. We are not a Sharia nation. Let's not presume that our religious views must be imposed on others. Everyone must be free to decide for themselves whether or not to utilize an abortion to remove a fetus.

Having said that, the State should not be paying for this procedure either. All funds for abortions, which is an elective procedure, should be provided 100% by the person seeking the abortion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2018, 09:44 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Absolutely not. Just as they should have no say when we want to end our life. Our say, not the government
How very interesting. It's almost like you'd agree that our rights are inalienable and should be protected at all costs.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
It is not reasonable for you to extend the hand of the state into the personal decisions of people with values that are different than your own. If abortion is incorrect for you, don't have one, or don't get a woman pregnant without being under a covenant of marriage. It's simple. Live your own life according to your own moral code. Do not presume that code is the same for others. Take care of your own business. In a free country, leave others with the freedom to live according to their values.
But what if some Americans are scared of abortions or just want to eliminate them completely? Shouldn't their concerns be important and respected?

Old 07-07-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Nobody is coming to take away anyone's abortion, we just want common sense abortion controls to make this country safer and to protect children.
There are no children to protect. Stop playing games. You are seeking to impose Sharia equivalent law on American women. Don't do that. Mind your business. Don't be imposing your values on others.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:
But what if some Americans are scared of abortions or just want to eliminate them completely? Shouldn't their concerns be important and respected?
Americans who are scared of abortions should definitely not have them. Americans that are not scared of abortions can decide to have them. Free decision. Made by the individual. Americans who want to eliminate them completely should not have their wishes respected or considered. You don't get to impose your irrational wishes on others. Worry about your own house. Just leave it there.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:50 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
How very interesting. It's almost like you'd agree that our rights are inalienable and should be protected at all costs.
If I want an abortion or choose to smoke pot, or take my own life when I feel it's time for me....it should be my decision. Why does government have a right to control to my life.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Incorrect. No rights are inalienable. That is a philosophy known as intrinsicism. It is incorrect. Rights are not intrinsic. Rights are created by Man and for Man. They are a human invention and a human implementation. In America we have freedom of religion. That implies and guarantees the corollary: freedom from religion. We can choose any religion or no religion. Freedom. The desire to curtail abortions is essentially an imposition of one's religious notions on others. You can't do that. In a free country, you should seek to run your own house as you see fit, and NOT TRY TO RUN THE HOMES OF OTHERS.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
There are no children to protect. Stop playing games. You are seeking to impose Sharia equivalent law on American women. Don't do that. Mind your business. Don't be imposing your values on others.
But it's for everyone's safety and the American people agree...

Old 07-07-2018, 09:58 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If I want an abortion or choose to smoke pot, or take my own life when I feel it's time for me....it should be my decision. Why does government have a right to control to my life.
Because the 16th amendment allows them to tax your resources directly, which makes you their property. They profit from your labor. They control you from cradle to grave just like cattle.
How does it feel to be a commodity, to the ruling wealthy class?

Old 07-07-2018, 10:03 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
But what if some Americans are scared of guns or just want to eliminate them completely? Shouldn't their concerns be important and respected?

In fact, even more so, because my abortion poses no threat to your life, unlike your gun, which could very easily be used to end my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies