Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2018, 03:14 PM

4,796 posts, read 2,800,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's because Planned Parenthood was founded as a means to reduce the minority population. Margaret Sanger was a racist and eugenicist (founder of The Negro Project), and Planned Parenthood has continued in that same vein for all these years. Minorities are indeed targeted for abortion. Black women have a 5 times higher abortion rate than White women, and for Latina women it's 2 times higher. All that despite the fact that, as I already noted, women can get contraceptive services/supplies at the exact same Planned Parenthood facilities where they're getting their abortions, or at one of the likely much closer 14,000+ publicly funded (Title X) Family Planning Clinics, nationwide.

Abortion's Racial Gap - The Atlantic
No, Sanger was of Irish descent herself, & worked as a nurse in the tenements. She was concerned to put family planning information into the hands of women/families with too many children in too short a timespan. She was not a racist, & I don't think she was a eugenicist - but she always spoke whenever & wherever she could to raise funds & awareness of the issues.

The Negro Project is an old twisting of the facts - look up the original documentation @ the college that has her papers, or on any reliable news source.

Planned Parenthood has always located near their service population - essentially, these days, the inner cities. That's who they serve - Sanger always figured the wealthy or @ least well-to-do could manage their own affairs well enough. They didn't need the services of Planned Parenthood.

Sanger herself was always opposed to abortion. She felt that a woman who didn't want to raise the baby could always put it up for adoption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2018, 03:54 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
I can't believe we are still having this argument in 2018. Whether or not a fetus is a "life" isn't the question. The real question is whether the female should have a say in what happens to her body. A fetus' rights don't trump the rights of a woman who is upright and breathing.

An abortion is a medical procedure and any person should have the right to control what happens to his or her body medically.
^^^^^^^^^^^^ This.

Old 07-09-2018, 03:55 PM

Default Up schist creek?

Quote:
Correctly? Or, did the condom break/slip (highly unreliable method, anyway)? Did they miss a day or two of taking the pill? Did they take antibiotics along with being on the pill (which reduces efficacy) and fail to use a back-up contraceptive method? Women need to do a MUCH better job of controlling their own fertility.
& if not, you & the state will be right there with speculum right up the whazzo, hm? (Please note - that's not where pregnancy takes place, @ least not normally, to my knowledge.)

Old 07-09-2018, 04:11 PM

Default Well, duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Check the map.

2010 Census results reveal that Planned Parenthood is targeting minority neighborhoods. 79% of its surgical abortion facilities are located within walking distance of African American or Hispanic/Latino neighborhoods.

http://www.protectingblacklife.org/p...ets/index.html
Planned Parenthood since Sanger - locates near the population they mean to serve. When Sanger started what became PP, that was ethnic tenements in the big cities. TMK, PP hasn't moved - it's remained next to what used to be tenements & are now usually generalized as inner cities - where Blacks, Hispanics, Haitians, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans & other populations in need of PP services live. The walking distance note is important - transportation is difficult for a lot of PP's customers.

Old 07-09-2018, 04:13 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
What a pig. Cancelling Netflix right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=5w955V6ULd4

Old 07-09-2018, 04:21 PM

Default Setting the record straight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
I can't speak for the OP but I can't fathom how anyone calling themselves human with a heart can think killing an unborn child is an acceptable remedy for their "ailment".
It is an unborn fetus. It's not a child - or @ least not a legal person - per Roe v. Wade - until it's born & viable.

I don't know that anyone takes abortion lightly - & I seriously doubt that the pregnant woman treats it all as a lark - even when performed early in the pregnancy, @ its safest point - it's still a surgical intervention in the body.

Sanger herself was opposed to abortion - she thought the woman should carry to term.

Old 07-09-2018, 04:23 PM

Default Term of art?

Quote:
I also have qualms with the fetal homicide laws. If women can kill a fetus, that same right should apply to everyone. Equal Protections Clause.
Straw fetus, is it?

Old 07-09-2018, 04:25 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
It is an unborn fetus. It's not a child - or @ least not a legal person - per Roe v. Wade - until it's born & viable.

I don't know that anyone takes abortion lightly - & I seriously doubt that the pregnant woman treats it all as a lark - even when performed early in the pregnancy, @ its safest point - it's still a surgical intervention in the body.

Sanger herself was opposed to abortion - she thought the woman should carry to term.
I don't care what roe v wade says. That's nothing more than an appeasement to conscience. It was a life before r v w said it wasn't and it still is.

Old 07-09-2018, 04:28 PM

Default What lies @ the end of that path?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
That's fine as long as she is the only one involved. When it involves a baby, it becomes someone's responsibility to protect him/her from their own mother.
Nope, a fetus is not a baby - @ least, not in the eyes of Roe v. Wade.

As for someone's responsibility to protect him/her from their own mother - Please read that over a couple of times, until the absurdity of what you're saying sinks in. Should we then lock up pregnant women who have expressed a desire for an abortion?

Old 07-09-2018, 04:32 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post

You haven't been around pregnant women much then! Being in the medical field for 40 years - not only have I run into 11 yr olds that were pregnant but woman who admitted as many as 8 abortions. Before taking an xray we had to ask if they had been sexually active - the date of their last period and if there was any chance they were pregnant. Sometimes those who had multiple abortions wore it like a badge of honor and didn't realize what a tramp they looked like.

And unfortunately - 2 of the girls I knew that had abortions - had no concern for the baby they carried - just if their boyfriend would break up with them for cheating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies