Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2018, 09:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times

Advertisements

Wow common sense murder ?
New concept
I was there when my 7 month old twin nephews were born
Abortion doctors kill kids just like them all the time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2018, 09:33 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So if you need an abortion because of it, have it in the first trimester.

Otherwise, if you can't have a kid....don't have intercourse.

It ain't rocket science.
You know that most women do have abortions in the first trimester, right?

Like the vast majority have them 12 weeks or earlier and the rest of a huge chunk in weeks 13-16.

I'm not sure why anyone's freaking out over later abortions because they are TINY fraction of the total and of that tiny fraction, most are done because the mother is in danger or the fetus is not going to survive.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Look at the entire state of Indiana, for example. 4 PP clinics. 37 publicly funded Title X FP clinics. Or the entire state of Kansas. 5 PP clinics. 59 publicly funded Title X FP clinics.

https://www.hhs.gov/opa/sites/defaul...ry-May2018.pdf

Given stats like that, it should be obvious that acquiring BC is FAR easier than getting an abortion. Yet 50% of the women seeking an abortion get pregnant while using no BC whatsoever.
And you want that 50% of women who are reckless and/or not well educated to be cranking out kids?

Old 07-09-2018, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If only those of you who adamantly support abortion rights supported First and Second Amendment Rights as fervently. Sadly, that isn't so.
Oh, I support both amendments.

I think most people support both.

I think a lot of people don't know what either of them mean.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Wow common sense murder ?
New concept
I was there when my 7 month old twin nephews were born
Abortion doctors kill kids just like them all the time
No. They really don't.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Well, I’ve never heard of a woman giving birth to anything other than a human being.
And... once they reach maturity and exit the womb, that is exactly what they have become.

Do you spend lots of time eating seeds and unripe plantings?

Old 07-09-2018, 09:46 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,843,415 times
It's hard to believe that Americans have come to the point that they vehemently defend the killing of babies as though those who defend the right to that child's life to be preserved are the ones who are evil.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:50 PM

4,794 posts, read 2,799,413 times
Default Back to the salt mines

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Bull$hit yourself . You are the one making references to pro lifers wanting to stick their hands up vaginas and using the hashtag about keeping hands out of vaginas . Read your own posts before spouting .

Granted, you are honest enough to admit to the position that a fetus is just like a wart to be disposed of if it's unwanted , so I'll give you that. But let's see how that stance fares with mainstream America if every pro choice person were to admit to the same attitude .

Let's face it . If the nation were to decide to settle this once and for all by a national referendum by popular vote, with the winning side getting a constitutional amendment to get ratified, but we put ALL the facts on the table to educate the public before the vote, pro choice would lose hands down. …
The logical alternative to abortion as birth control is to freely disseminate birth control information & devices throughout the sexually active population. The antiabortion forces can't bring themselves to embrace the most direct solution to the issues, & instead want to flail about with abstinence, promise rings/ceremonies & various other talismanic practices that are supposed to put the sexual drive of adolescents into hibernation, to be magically awakened when Prince Charming (& a nice church wedding) pull away the veil.

I don't like abortion as birth control myself, but that's my preference. I'm not willing to say to a woman that she must carry to term a pregnancy that she doesn't want.

Passing a constitutional amendment is a long laborious process in & of itself, & that's ignoring the crafting & wording of such a proposed amendment before the official start of the race. Given all the fissures in the anti-abortion movements, I don't think they can close ranks even that much, sufficient to put together a constitutional amendment on the topic that wouldn't rupture whatever Popular Front-like Potemkin Village façade they cobble together for the photo-op.

Old 07-09-2018, 10:00 PM

4,794 posts, read 2,799,413 times
Default That's the arena you're in

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
I don't care what roe v wade says. That's nothing more than an appeasement to conscience. It was a life before r v w said it wasn't and it still is.
That's unfortunate, because Roe v. Wade is the actual law as regards abortion in the US. Roe doesn't hold that the fetus isn't alive - that never came up @ all, as I recall. The point to Roe is that the fetus isn't a legal person until it's viable. The test of viability is that it's delivered.

The state's interest to protect the potential life phases in, starting with the 2nd trimester. In the 3rd trimester, the state can prohibit abortion altogether, except for the health or life of the woman.

Old 07-09-2018, 10:04 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,843,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
That's unfortunate, because Roe v. Wade is the actual law as regards abortion in the US. Roe doesn't hold that the fetus isn't alive - that never came up @ all, as I recall. The point to Roe is that the fetus isn't a legal person until it's viable. The test of viability is that it's delivered.

The state's interest to protect the potential life phases in, starting with the 2nd trimester. In the 3rd trimester, the state can prohibit abortion altogether, except for the health or life of the woman.
Yes, a woman can legally kill her baby. For now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies