Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 02:21 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Trump did not avert a nuclear war. Where have you been?
As usual the Trumpies can't keep their story straight. One minute it's "just the beginning of a gradual process". The next minute it's Trump has already "averted a nuclear war".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 02:26 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Trump's problem - indeed, the problem of all the suckers who were conned by him - is that he has this funny idea that the business skills of a CEO (and, in his case, he wasn't even considered a particularly good businessman) are the same as needed for the presidency. In fact, they're antithetical. A business is not run like a democracy.

Anyway, someone as vain and easily gulled as Trump could never really be a good negotiator.

Old 07-08-2018, 02:59 PM

2,067 posts, read 1,069,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Just wait until Trump sits down with Putin ! Putin is a master manipulator , has decades of experience, and is smart. Trump will be like sending in Pee Wee Herman to negotiate anything with Putin. Second thought, send in Pee Wee, we have a better shot at accomplishing something.
As long as Pee Wee doesn't whip it out, I think we're good.

Old 07-08-2018, 03:03 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
North Korea and the "beautiful, wondeful document... What happened?

Some still aren't accustomed to Donny's self-aggrandizement, gross exaggerations and outright lies by now?

Old 07-08-2018, 03:29 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I reported this for trolling. Have a nice day

Wait a second! You reported another member for "trolling" when all they did was ask some questions ?

If everyone reported you for some of the posts you have done, you would be serving a time out until 2099.

Ridiculous.

Old 07-08-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Weren't we told that we have a Great Negotiator in office? Then why did he make tangible confessions (giving up military readiness drills with South Korea) in exchange for NOTHING other than a photo op with the NK version of Donald Trump?

Didn't Trump tell us that he had "largely solved" the problem and that we can now "sleep well?" Then why is there no tangible concession of any kind from North Korea? And why are we now hearing about their continued nuclear site development?

Doesn't Donald prattle on about Fake News? Then why did he shop around the story of credit for solving a problem with nothing more than a photo op?

And how does he expect to get China's critical cooperation on North Korea when he just kicked off a major trade war with them?

I'm sleeping a lot worse knowing that our narcissist is so delusional that he will make concessions to North Korea just for their brief cooperation in setting up some temporarily flattering optics in front of the cameras.

And most of all, how can conservatives with a shred of self respect support this charade? It's laughable.

You show me one thing that is wrong with this post ! I hope the mod had the sense to realize you were wrong in reporting it.

If we had a nickel for every time one of you Trumpees posted some stupid cheerleading thread, we would be able to pay off the national debt.

Old 07-08-2018, 03:57 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Wait a second! You reported another member for "trolling" when all they did was ask some questions ?

If everyone reported you for some of the posts you have done, you would be serving a time out until 2099.

Ridiculous.

Many (mis)interpret 'freedom of speech' to others being free to speak what they want to hear.

Old 07-08-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Many (mis)interpret 'freedom of speech' to others being free to speak what they want to hear.
Yep, it is ok when they post inane threads like this one :

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...re-obamas.html

But they sure do take offense when any opposing view is displayed. Kinda like their dear leader.

Old 07-08-2018, 11:58 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
According to Lindsay Graham its China s fault for the breakdown of US talks.
What talks??? Photo o p s and signing a piece of paper for the camera.

Old 07-09-2018, 07:10 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Talking Norks give tRump a slap down that everyone saw coming. Everyone but tRump

tRump quotes on NK and Kim:

“We will be stopping the war games [with South Korea] which will save us a tremendous amount of money. It is very provocative.”

More -
  1. "I think honestly he's going to do these things."
  2. "I may be wrong, I mean I may stand before you in six months and say, ‘Hey I was wrong.’ I don’t know that I’ll ever admit that, but I’ll find some kind of an excuse."
  3. Trump asked photographers whether they got a good picture of him and Kim "that makes us look nice and handsome and thin."
  4. "I gave up nothing. I'm here. I haven't slept in 25 hours."
  5. As reporters shouted questions, Trump turned to Kim Jong Un, saying, "The press, they never stop."
  6. On Kim Jong-un: "Well he is very talented. Anybody who takes over a situation like he did at 26 years of age and is able to run it, and run it tough — I don't say 'he was nice' or I don't say anything about it,"
  7. On North Korea: "It's rough. It's rough in a lot of places, by the way, not just there. But it's rough.
  8. On whether there was a recording of the meeting between Trump and Kim: “I don’t have to verify, I have one of the great memories of all time.”
"North Korea has great beaches. You see that whenever they're exploding cannons into the ocean... Wouldn't that make a great condo? ... You could have the best hotels in the world right there. Think of it from a real estate perspective. You have South Korea. You have China. And they own the land in the middle. How bad is that? Right? It's great."

Now, Pompeo has been spanked by the Norks and sent home with a scolding. "Gangster tactics!"

And tRump's dangerous stupidity is once again on full display for the entire world to chuckle over.

Next week, tRump gets some face time with Putin.

What will he give away this time?

Trumplings: carry on with that amusing un-American defense of your clown.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies