Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 05:08 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,681 times

Advertisements

Senate Majority Leaders have full-time law enforcement protection. If anyone protesting McConnell got out of line, they would be arrested. There were no arrests. It was a peaceful and lawful protest.

Old 07-08-2018, 05:14 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
They were showing at the rallies from the very first one, long before he'd said anything. Of course he's going to toss out the people who were throwing punches or creating other disturbances, why shouldn't he?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kby__BSNcSQ

Old 07-08-2018, 05:16 AM

5,790 posts, read 3,595,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
No, we need to leave and abandon DC...we elected them to run the government over your objections and now the Left Brown Shirt violent mob tactics being employed means we need to leave that violent and hate filled city.
Even if the Feds relocated the capital of the US to Texarkana, that city would quickly turn just as liberal as Washington, DC is now. Big cities, especially capital cities, no matter where in the world they are, naturally tend to be liberal leaning. Something you have to live with.

BTW, even Jackson, Mississippi had a Keep Families Together protest, right in front of the governor's mansion.

Old 07-08-2018, 05:23 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
They were showing at the rallies from the very first one, long before he'd said anything. Of course he's going to toss out the people who were throwing punches or creating other disturbances, why shouldn't he?
They were not throwing punches or anything else. They were shouting and showing signs.

MAGATS don't care for that.

Old 07-08-2018, 05:25 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
This is interesting. Especially because Kentuckians are traditionally very passive when it comes to politicians. And its a "Red" state. McConnell is the oldest most senior politician in the state I believe.

I don't expect things to tone down. And McConnell can't act like he doesn't use violence himself (he does, as do almost all of the other politicians). To me its a breath of fresh air not because I want violence, but because I don't want politicians thinking they're above reproach. We are their salary. Literally.

Not gonna condone things that I don't know, and not gonna condone violence because it'll get out of hand, but glad to see people doing more than just talking on the internet. Our lives are suffering, people in foreign country's lives are suffering. I think politicians need to come down from their ivory towers and see what real America is like.
You have not seen the picnics thrown by some in Kentucky have you.

They are pretty vicious in tone and digs into other politicians. In Kentucky its, what would be considered, a political slugfest.
McConnell is a veteran and devote believer in this style.

Old 07-08-2018, 05:34 AM

23,474 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
One video, of someone who may or may not be a supporter. But lets say he is a supporter, what he did was wrong and I don't defend his actions. And, I'm glad he got booted out of the marines because of it. Meanwhile, there are thousands of videos showing the left being just as bad and worse. IF Trump were truly instigating violence then there should be thousands of videos showing the right being just as bad, but there isn't.

Old 07-08-2018, 05:37 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Assaulted????? Afraid not, He was confronted by Protestors using their first Amendment right to Free Speech.

Whenever any one protests or uses Free Speech the Right goes crazy and calls it "An Assault"
or a "A Riot".

No one was arrested for Violence here, they simply spoke.

All they did was talk. They told him they were going to vote him out of office.
They asked where the babies were?
All fair questions, and all within their legal rights....no "assault" there whatsoever.
He is a Public Servant voted in by the people here, we have a right and an obligation to let him
know of wishes and feelings. We have a right to tell him, we aren't going to vote for him again.
"They told him they were going to vote him out of office." How many were in "the group"?

I'd bet not NEARLY ENOUGH "to vote him out of office"

I wonder how many actually live in the state and how many are from out of state.

Old 07-08-2018, 05:44 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
More unhinged hate from the left. I guess MOB RULE is their end game. Like Steve Scalise, I fear for the lives of all Republicans. Hate and violence from the Left grows daily.

Good thing you weren't around in about 1776........you would not have liked some of the stuff people we now call Patriots were doing !

You guys brought this all on yourselves, you voted for a man who spews anger and hatred daily, and then you wonder why people are fighting back. You wanted him, you got him, lock, stock, and barrel. If you think it is bad now, wait until November.

20,125 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
This is interesting. Especially because Kentuckians are traditionally very passive when it comes to politicians. And its a "Red" state. McConnell is the oldest most senior politician in the state I believe.

I don't expect things to tone down. And McConnell can't act like he doesn't use violence himself (he does, as do almost all of the other politicians). To me its a breath of fresh air not because I want violence, but because I don't want politicians thinking they're above reproach. We are their salary. Literally.

Not gonna condone things that I don't know, and not gonna condone violence because it'll get out of hand, but glad to see people doing more than just talking on the internet. Our lives are suffering, people in foreign country's lives are suffering. I think politicians need to come down from their ivory towers and see what real America is like.
The bistro he was at is located in an area that votes overwhelmingly blue. Louisville itself is anomaly in the state, it was one of the few places where Hillary won and that bistro is in the one of the most liberal sections of the city. Bet most of you are unaware Louisville ranks 11th among metro areas in the percentage of the population that identify LGBT. Louisville really is nothing politically, socially, economically, or demographically like the rest of the state.

23,474 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
They were not throwing punches or anything else. They were shouting and showing signs.

MAGATS don't care for that.
The left sure was throwing punches at the rallies, which is the conversation that Gtownoe I were having, and,was clearly stated in the post of mine you'd quoted. There are also many videos to back up what I was saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies