Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 01:15 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
While not perfect, we have tremendous employer provided Health Insurance, covering hundreds of millions of people.

With the insured paying only a minority of the costs.

We take it for granted as we pay $15-$40 at the pharmacy, forgetting our Crestor actually cost $200 plus, but our employer-via insurance-is paying the rest.

Same with our co-pay at the doc. The appointment cost hundreds, while we pay $20 or a similar tiny % of the total cost.

When it comes to Health Care, we are extremely fortunate.
This is because I pay it - and your children and grandchildren will pay it.

That's not a perfect system. Do you really think the money just floats in?

The Government currently pays 2/3 of all health care costs in this country....much of it from debt and deficit, but some from guys like me who pay large amounts in taxes....very large sometimes.

If we are fortunate, we are that way on our childrens and grandchildrens dime - not something I would brag about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 01:15 PM

33,999 posts, read 17,030,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Why should someone with a pre-existing condition never start their own business? Sooner or later, everyone has a pre-existing condition.
One should not start their own business w/o resources to cover all needs several years as to expect funds from a new business means the new owner is stupid.

That is why the prudent wait..for the right time.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Plus, if you company goes under or you lose your job in a merger, or just plain get fired, you are out of luck.

If that occurred, I would purchase COBRA until employed again, and I have had employer coverage for 30+ straight years now, continuously, even though I quit for new jobs several times.

Assuming one is not at the skill level of a McJob, employer coverage is not hard to obtain.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:20 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,652,265 times
Quote:
One should not start their own business w/o resources to cover all needs several years as to expect funds from a new business means the new owner is stupid.

I'm glad I didn't take this advice. - but then I guess you might not understand the entrepreneurial spirit.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:20 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
I said this is what was going to happen. That Obamacare was going to create a mess in the end because it was NOT the answer to our problem.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:21 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,765,356 times
Our Holy Free Market healthcare costs TWICE per capita what Universal Healthcare costs in nearly every other civilized country. And for worse outcomes on average.

But Republicans continue their mantra: 'I got mine so **** you'

Old 07-08-2018, 01:22 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,701,211 times
Quote:

Which is never if they have a pre-existing condition? Do Trump supporters realize how many jobs and business and industries could be expanded if people had the confidence to start their own businesses, to expand on an idea and turn it into something amazing?

Do Trump supporters realize that many tech companies are started by people from other countries (see Google, Tesla, eBay, Intel, Yahoo, etc.) because those people know if they get sick, they can go back to their home country for treatment?

So instead, we have new successful companies started by immigrants instead of Americans because Americans can't get health coverage in America, their home country?

How short sighted can Trump supporters be?

Old 07-08-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I'm glad I didn't take this advice. - but then I guess you might not understand the entrepreneurial spirit.
the spirit where 90% fail inside 5 years!

Old 07-08-2018, 01:25 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,701,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I said this is what was going to happen. That Obamacare was going to create a mess in the end because it was NOT the answer to our problem.
Obamacare hasn't been Obamacare, really ever. Republicans have worked to undermine it from DAY ONE. It was Mitt Romney's plan from the Heritage Foundation. Because Republicans control all aspects of American government, they are using every tool possible to take coverage away from people and are now directly targeting residents of red states to take away coverage from people with pre-existing conditions and then penalizing the insurance companies that actually cover them. It's amazing that Trump supporters would be pleased to see sick people suffer, even in their own red states.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:25 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So a person that is self-employed and/or single is supposed to just go die?
Seacove, I'm self employed and my premiums skyrocketed and I paid out the ass because of Obamacare. Unfortunately because my premiums went up to over $1500 a month with a high deductible I no longer have insurance. Because of Obamacare I've been priced out of healthcare insurance. So don't give me what about the self employed and please, stop with the drama liberals are so infamous for... It's Armageddon, it's armageddon! lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies