Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 01:13 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times

Advertisements

Another intolerant person harassing someone in public that was just minding their own business .

I thought the bookstore owners statement was really great .

Ironic to harass someone in a bookstore where books about different ideas and opinions are on display .
It’s a real shame really to see this going on .

—-
The owner of a Virginia bookstore called the police after a woman confronted former White House strategist Steve Bannon on Saturday afternoon.

The woman allegedly called Bannon “a piece of trash,” and refused to leave Black Swan Books until the owner, Nick Cooke, called the police.

“Steve Bannon was simply standing, looking at books, minding his own business. I asked her to leave, and she wouldn’t. And I said, ‘I’m going to call the police if you don’t,’ and I went to call the police and she left,” Cooke said to the Richmond Times-Dispatch.

“We are a bookshop. Bookshops are all about ideas and tolerating different opinions and not about verbally assaulting somebody, which is what was happening,” Cooke added.

Bookstore Owner Calls Police After A Woman Verbally Harasses Steve Bannon | The Daily Caller
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 01:18 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Another intolerant person harassing someone in public that was just minding their own business .

I thought the bookstore owners statement was really great .

Ironic to harass someone in a bookstore where books about different ideas and opinions are on display .
It’s a real shame really to see this going on .

—-
The owner of a Virginia bookstore called the police after a woman confronted former White House strategist Steve Bannon on Saturday afternoon.

The woman allegedly called Bannon “a piece of trash,” and refused to leave Black Swan Books until the owner, Nick Cooke, called the police.

“Steve Bannon was simply standing, looking at books, minding his own business. I asked her to leave, and she wouldn’t. And I said, ‘I’m going to call the police if you don’t,’ and I went to call the police and she left,” Cooke said to the Richmond Times-Dispatch.

“We are a bookshop. Bookshops are all about ideas and tolerating different opinions and not about verbally assaulting somebody, which is what was happening,” Cooke added.

Bookstore Owner Calls Police After A Woman Verbally Harasses Steve Bannon | The Daily Caller

Yeah, the woman should learn to verbally assault people on Twitter like the Whiner in Chief!

Old 07-08-2018, 01:21 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Kudos to the bookstore owner for keeping his bookstore peaceful and harassment free.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:30 PM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Bannon was on private property, its the owners prerogative to allow or forbid.
While I fully support politicians being harrased, I do not support harassment if interfering with private business.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:31 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
They should have sent a non-white to harass him. You can’t call the cops on those anymore.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:54 PM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
numerous leftist in twitter mob doxed the bookstore owner and are attacking him and his business. the far left is crazy.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 07-08-2018 at 02:04 PM..

Old 07-08-2018, 01:57 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
numerous leftist in twitter mob doxed the bookstore owner and called for attacks on him and his business. the far left is crazy and mean.
Ah yes, like the lunatic trump supporters threatening the restaurant that asked sanders to leave. Yeah.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:59 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
numerous leftist in twitter mob doxed the bookstore owner and called for attacks on him and his business. the far left is crazy and mean.
So he was supposed to just let someone randomly harass one of his customers ?
Or did they want the owner to join in with the attacks ?

It just makes no sense . They’ve lost all common sense and decency .

Old 07-08-2018, 02:02 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Ah yes, like the lunatic trump supporters threatening the restaurant that asked sanders to leave. Yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqUa_G1h3pw

But you won't get too far
'Cause you've got to blame someone
For your own confusion
We're on guard this time (on guard this time)
Against your final solution

Old 07-08-2018, 02:04 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
So he was supposed to just let someone randomly harass one of his customers ?
Or did they want the owner to join in with the attacks ?

It just makes no sense . They’ve lost all common sense and decency .
Without commenting on the situation at hand, I'd invite you to read the comments from the long-term audience of the web site that Bannon published....you have never heard anything so vile. Repeated thousands upon thousands of times....

So let's not pretend that Steve "I'll vote in Florida where I don't live" Bannon is not a public figure...and, in fact, one most known for freedom of "hate speech" and white supremacy.

Again, I support the rights of the bookshop owner...but I would just love Bannon to get called out legally in public wherever and whenever he showed that ugly mug. Turnabout, especially when it is 1/1000th of the original wrongdoing, is fair play.

Guys like Bannon want to incite race wars, class wars, just plain ole hate, etc...then they wish to live in "liberal" areas (he's a californian, etc.) and enjoy the benefits of civilization. You can't have your Marie Antonnete cake and eat the bread too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies