Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 12:38 PM

291 posts, read 159,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
And I was merely pointing out that your statement was BS. The criticism of the Dems is that they were soft, that they play too nice, they are afraid to make waves. Now you're saying that they play nice is a fallacy.

Which is it. Do they play nice too often, or never at all? (or more likely, does it depend on which argument you're trying to win, and the answer will vary by 180-degrees as needed to win a point, truth be damned, because it can't be both).
What are you talking about? I never said they play too nice. You're attributing your own argument to me.

Today's democratic party is not nice. They're not interested in debate. They attack character (for example: you can't criticize Obama lest you be labeled racist). That's all I'm saying.

Old 07-09-2018, 12:38 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times
Remember when Joe Biden (still a Senator then) made Mrs Alito (sitting behind her huband) cry at her husband's Senate interrogation for the Supreme Court?

If Trump picks the woman Barrett, and she has her 7 kids sitting behind her, of which 2 are adopted from Haiti and one is a Special Needs kid, how will it look to the world when all 7 start crying as the mean Democrats with their harsh interrogation, pick on their mom because she won't defend the Dems zeal for baby killing?

I hope she uses JFK in her answers about religion if she's the candidate.

Old 07-09-2018, 12:40 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
first of all its not the same thing at all.

so the Merit Garland issue was fully typical of what the Senate can do.
Fully typical in that it never happened before in modern history?

Is a POTUS and staff colluding with Russians also "typical"?

We live in atypical times. It can be said with a high degree of certainty that the Russians, Fake Newers and Comey swung the election. It is also FACT that the Trump Campaign and even WH has historic ties with Russia money and power.

Going back a bit - if Nixon hadn't resigned and a SCOTUS was up for the pickings, do you think our country would have allowed him to install one without major protest and possibly civil unrest? I don't think so.

I would feel differently if things were somewhat normal. But they aren't - by ANY measure. We are dealing with a high percentage chance of treasonous and/or criminal behavior. Forming the future on such a foundation should be troubling to most.

We are in a Constitutional Crisis and many don't seem to know that.

Old 07-09-2018, 12:41 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,874,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, this is almost like the Tea Party forming within 30 days of Obama taking office......or the GOP deciding long before Obama picked a SCOTUS that they were NOT going to give them a fair hearing.

Color me.....wow!
oh be fair. In regards to the SCOTUS. Sotomayor demonstrated what his choice would be like.

Old 07-09-2018, 12:45 PM

4,510 posts, read 5,047,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
The joke is on you unless you knew from Day One that the Tea Party was about borrowing trillions more, getting rid of the debt cap and putting in place trillion dollar plus deficits for the foreseeable future....

Now, if you knew all along of that ruse and only supported the ideals because you wanted to shunt more money to corporations and billionaires..and borrow more from your children and grandchildren, then the joke is not on you. I would congratulate your on your Machevillian accomplishments.

Damn, you found me out !

I've been under the illusion that it was "rich people and corporations" that hired people and made products and moved and grew the economy and here its been the poor folks doing it all along. I'm going to have to tune into CNN and get the facts ! I feel so used

Old 07-09-2018, 12:52 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,286,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Your head is too deep the sand for you to believe it. Why would I bother to try and prove it to you. It has been all over the internet for years. You had to have seen the reports. If you don't believe it already, you won't.

OR
So, no examples?

Old 07-09-2018, 01:20 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,114,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA_guy View Post
Finally, I’m tired of Dems always playing the nice game. That’s over, it’s time to fight and drag this through the mud honestly. Too much at stake.
So you're not going to use your mask and bicycle chain when you "protest"?

Old 07-09-2018, 01:23 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,394,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
As I predicted in another thread, it doesn't matter to the leftist fanatics who the nominee is. They will express their "outrage", call him names, tell everyone he's "racist" (with no evidence), etc. etc. And this despite the fact that Trump won't even announce who the nominee is, until later tonight.

But I goofed. I left out one obvious thing. They will stage astroturf-style "protests", and do their best to pretend that people were so upset they spontaneously took to the streets. No mention is made, of course, of people being paid to "protest". Or being brought in on buses from neighboring cities or even out of state.

These "spontaneous" "protests" are already being planned for a dozen U.S. cities. Nope, they don't know who the nominee will be. But the actual nominee is irrelevant to them. They must get out and stage fake "protests" even if Trump nominates Al Sharpton or Hillary Clinton.
When Gorsuch was announced, there were protester groups waiting with fill-in-the-blank protest signs and markers waiting to hear who the nominee would be.

#STOP GORSUCH

OPPOSE GORSUCH

Old 07-09-2018, 01:49 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,949,556 times
Great. Planning ahead is a virtue, so good for Democrats. And protesting is completely legal. That's what your conservative Supreme Court said in all those decisions regarding free speech, remember OP?

Old 07-09-2018, 01:51 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,080,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Examples?

Seriously?

Have you been in a coma the past two years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.