Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 01:51 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Remember when Joe Biden (still a Senator then) made Mrs Alito (sitting behind her huband) cry at her husband's Senate interrogation for the Supreme Court?

If Trump picks the woman Barrett, and she has her 7 kids sitting behind her, of which 2 are adopted from Haiti and one is a Special Needs kid, how will it look to the world when all 7 start crying as the mean Democrats with their harsh interrogation, pick on their mom because she won't defend the Dems zeal for baby killing?

I hope she uses JFK in her answers about religion if she's the candidate.
But JFK wasn't on the SCOTUS and didn't make laws.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:02 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Seriously?

Have you been in a coma the past two years?
So far, the only examples offered have been laughably tame. Or just plain laughable. I mean, Al Sharpton? Really? When the left starts doing anything along the lines of murdering doctors who provide abortions, dragging gay and/or black people to their deaths behind cars, ginning up Islamophobia against Dem politicians, literally being Nazis and running over people who aren't Nazis, etc. etc., come on back and we'll talk.

Until then, who is the snowflake?

Last edited by JPD; 07-09-2018 at 02:33 PM..

Old 07-09-2018, 02:05 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
As I predicted in another thread, it doesn't matter to the leftist fanatics who the nominee is. They will express their "outrage", call him names, tell everyone he's "racist" (with no evidence), etc. etc. And this despite the fact that Trump won't even announce who the nominee is, until later tonight.

But I goofed. I left out one obvious thing. They will stage astroturf-style "protests", and do their best to pretend that people were so upset they spontaneously took to the streets. No mention is made, of course, of people being paid to "protest". Or being brought in on buses from neighboring cities or even out of state.

These "spontaneous" "protests" are already being planned for a dozen U.S. cities. Nope, they don't know who the nominee will be. But the actual nominee is irrelevant to them. They must get out and stage fake "protests" even if Trump nominates Al Sharpton or Hillary Clinton.

-------------------------------------------------

Protests Already Planned For Trump’s SCOTUS Nominee | The Daily Caller

PROTESTS ALREADY PLANNED FOR TRUMP’S SCOTUS NOMINEE

2:34 PM 07/09/2018
Jessica Kramer | Contributor

The left-wing group Refuse Fascism is planning a nation-wide protest Monday night after President Donald Trump reveals his Supreme Court nominee.

The protests will go on regardless of who Trump chooses, spanning 12 American cities — Los Angeles, San Francisco, Houston, Honolulu, Chicago, Cleveland, Boston, Philadelphia, New York City, Atlanta, Detroit, and Seattle, according to its website.

“The Trump/Pence Regime poses a catastrophic danger to humanity and the planet, and that it is our responsibility to drive them from power through non-violent protests that grow every day until our demand is met,” Refuse Fascism, founded after the 2016 election, stated on its site. (RELATED: New Normal: Trump Allies Face Harassment, Protests Anywhere They Show Their Faces)

The Facebook event photo for Monday night shows a Ku Klux Klan hood on the generic justice figure.
What are you talking about? His top 3 have already been named. All are far right fanatics who would lie like a serpent when asking them about their view on stare decisis. It’s a first amendment right to protest, isn’t it?

Old 07-09-2018, 02:10 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Dearie, the Supreme Court does not make laws. I'll use r e a l s m a l l words. They decide if laws are legal, or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
But JFK wasn't on the SCOTUS and didn't make laws.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:22 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Dearie, the Supreme Court does not make laws. I'll use r e a l s m a l l words. They decide if laws are legal, or not.
Sorry, I didn't mean they make laws. My bad. But you know what I mean. JFK wasn't on the SCOTUS.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:34 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
You just can't be serious. Democrats/Leftists are the worst out there when it comes to "playing nice". They are the most degenerate, hate filled and destructive.
Yep. Just look at the rioting, vandalism, and looting in Portland after the 2016 election. Kristallnacht revisited.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:53 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Great. Planning ahead is a virtue, so good for Democrats. And protesting is completely legal.
Peaceful protests that don't cause any harm? Yes. But we both know the left can't do that. They just can't help themselves.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:57 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
So, no examples?

How could you have missed these. I simply quoted some good examples then posted some of my own.}

Here, let me repeat that for you.
Quote:
HAAA HAA HAA HAA

Now THAT's rich.

After literally decades when Democrats have accused Republicans of poisoning the air and water, stealing food from babies, taking away children's lunches, and on and on... never replied to by Republicans who figured their more refined demeanor would show they didn't consider the smears and lies to be important enough to respond to....

Followed by people like Al Sharpton accusing other people of being corrupt, Jesse Jackson accusing other people of being racist, George Wallace accusing other people of being bigoted thugs, Bill Clinton accusing other people of being sex-crazed stalkers....

... followed by commercials showing someone looking like Paul Ryan pushing Granny off a cliff in her wheelchair....

With none of it being replied to by Republicans with other than a relatively mild "Um, no we didn't"...

While we never heard a peep from the liberals doing all the smearing, sliming, lying etc. wondering if "the rhetoric is getting too acrimonious"... nope, they never wondered that, even a little bit.

Now, finally in the last few years, Republicans have started to reply in kind, fighting fire with fire, a new approach for Republicans.

The good news is, Republicans didn't have to make up lies and slanders about the leftist fanatics who had been doing exactly that to them for most of living memory. They merely had to point out the facts of their failures, their broken promises, their unfulfilled predictions, with billions spent on liberal programs with no practical results.

...finally culminating with the national election of a President in 2016 who does that kind of thing for a living, never lets a slight go unreplied, never lets a lie go unchallenged, calls them as many names as they call him (and that's a lot)...

...and who defeats the liberal liars again and again...

Oh, NOW we get to hear the liberals peering out of their lairs trembling as they venture, "Gee, the rhetoric is starting to get pretty acrimonious, isn't it?" And "Gee, should we fight back?"

These people have to be seen to be believed.

I know it's necessary to have a short and selective memory, to be a good liberal. No need to remember the promises made last year which have gone unfulfilled. Especially when the leftist fanatics make the same promises over and over, year after year, and their subjects loyally vote for them every time.

But to completely forget about the liberals' sole mode of attacking and destroying every Republican and conservative they've faced for the last forty years, when that's pretty much all the leftists have done for the entire period....

... is straining the credulity even of someone as silly and forgetful as the Useful Idiots on the left. Isn't it?

Quote:
= 4dognight.
Liberal Democrats also don uniforms and masks, take to the streets and hit conservative people with batons, set them on fire and pepper spray them. Sometimes these liberal thugs get their lights knocked out. Now that is playing nice

Old 07-09-2018, 02:58 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Peaceful protests that don't cause any harm? Yes. But we both know the left can't do that. They just can't help themselves.
Just to name the first example that comes to mind, what harm was caused by the Women's March?

If you can't answer that than you will demonstrate that you are lying.

Old 07-09-2018, 03:07 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
As I predicted in another thread, it doesn't matter to the leftist fanatics who the nominee is.
Someone on my Facebook friends list made this same exact point last night. They don't even know who the nominee is! They were shocked, because evidently they thought Trump might nominate a liberal judge that the liberals protesting would agree with. No one is really this stupid, are they? I think even the most politically naïve understands Trump is going to nominate someone the right wingers love!

Protesting has a long history in America on all sides of all arguments. People who get up in arms when the other side protests but not their side look awful silly. Strike that. They just look awful. God bless the First Amendment! We're all using it when we post to CD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies