Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 04:44 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltdontcare View Post
I'm not defending the guy but he must never sleep. Everything is his fault. I don't know how he does it all with only 24 hours in a day.
Just remember why he was voted in. To shake things up. It's working...
Can I assume you know about his laughably short, empty "work days"?

Yes, I do remember that he was voted in by a lot of apparently ignorant people too dumb to understand the value of expertise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 09:28 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
He gets more done before 6am than Obama could dream of doing all day.
Trump gets up early and watches his news shows like Fox and Joe and Mika and constantly tweets about it. I imagine there are numerous tv's in his bedroom so he can go back and forth lol He doesn't really start his day as president until 11am.

Old 07-11-2018, 05:08 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I found some links but they won't work. But if you google something along the lines of "how much golf does Trump play" you'll find that he's played more than his predecessors despite having said he wouldn't have time for golf once elected president.
"I found some links but they won't work" Gee, I wonder why?

YOU find some more.

"But if you google something"

I see you are dodging my point. YOU made the claim. It is up to YOU to back it up. NOT OURS.

Old 07-11-2018, 05:10 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltdontcare View Post
I'm not defending the guy but he must never sleep. Everything is his fault. I don't know how he does it all with only 24 hours in a day.

Just remember why he was voted in. To shake things up. It's working...
That's why you voted for him - -to shake things up.

I would have thought people voted for him because he had solutions -- not because he could get into Twitter wars with celebrities.

Oh well -- guess I'm new to this American political thing.

Voters seem to care less about getting things done and more about the show.

Old 07-11-2018, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
"at least 57 visits"

That does NOT address my questions, does it?

Why are you IGNORING THEM?

How many HOLES has he played?

Who did he play with?

How much REAL time did he use "playing golf"?

You DO know he owns his OWN course.

He can go out anytime he wishes and play 2, 3 9 or as few holes as he wants.

Just because he "visited" 57 times doe NOT mean a thing.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 07-11-2018 at 05:45 AM..

Old 07-11-2018, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Everything in this world is relative. After GWB, which is firmly settled into the bowels of history (about the bottom 15% of POTUS'es by rankings), a person who actually thought about things and hired decent people and was capable of re-establishing relationships with much of the world (that had given up on us), he looked like a Saint.

Obama is ranked in the top 1/3 of POTUSes....barely. So that makes him decent - yet compared to Trump or GW he will be head of the class by far.

It's all relative. Both Bush and Trump are intellectually and emotionally not capable of doing the job. Trump is current rated dead last and I think he will end up in the bottom 3. That takes some doing.

I am 100% certain that I - myself - could be a much better President and so could many millions of other Americans. The "best among us" doesn't describe the current office holder.

I'd be surprised if he could name most countries if we presented him with a blank globe...and maybe not even all states!

WOW, talk about BIASED!

Those blinders MUST BE ON SO TIGHT YOU might be DELUSIONAL!

Old 07-11-2018, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Trump has barred the press from following him while he plays golf, a new tactic from an American predefined but he has spent nearly a quarter of his time as president at a golf course.

https://thegolfnewsnet.com/golfnewsn...office-103836/

Btw, as a researcher the information you asked for wouldn’t be “real statistics” but rather answer to different questions. Real statistics would be something along the lines of using an ANOVA to determine if he has played a statistically different amount of golf than other presidents.
"Trump has barred the press from following him while he plays golf,"

Unlike Obama and clinton who made a photo-op out of every time he played golf.

Even the president, whoever he is, needs some "private" time.

When Obama "vacationed" in Hawaii and used The CEO of Comcast house SEVERAL TIMES, he banned all press, unless he WANTED to talk with them.

And I'd bet you NEVER complained bout THAT! WHY?

"Btw, as a researcher the information you asked for wouldn’t be “real statistics” but rather answer to different questions. Real statistics would be something along the lines of using an ANOVA to determine if he has played a statistically different amount of golf than other presidents"

ONLY if you cared, because I DON'T. Didn't about clinton, NOR Obama so why should I care NOW?

Btw, I did NOT make the claim. It is up to the person who MAKES THE CLAIM to back it up.

Old 07-11-2018, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Obama’s spent less days in vacation than trump has at the same point in his presidency. That is objective fact.

Additionally, trump had already started fundraising for the next campaign the day of being inaugurated.
"Obama’s spent less days in vacation than trump has"

AH, the USUAL re-defining words from the left. "It depends on what the meaning of the word is, is".

Trump is NOT ON VACATION.

He goes HOME for the WEEK END, just as just about EVERY working person does.

And he DOES OFFICIAL WORK while at his home, UNLIKE most working people.

So, tell us how many REAL vacations has TRUMP TAKEN.

Old 07-11-2018, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That's why you voted for him - -to shake things up.

I would have thought people voted for him because he had solutions -- not because he could get into Twitter wars with celebrities.

Oh well -- guess I'm new to this American political thing.

Voters seem to care less about getting things done and more about the show.
"Voters seem to care less about getting things done and more about the show."

"Those" voters do NOT get the REAL work Trump has been accomplishing.

They have their eyes glued to the big 3, ABC, NBC and CBS which 90 % of ALL reports on Trump were NEGATIVE toward him.

Or the BIG loonies watch MSNBC, CNN, etc. and get an even WORSE impression of him.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:41 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough;52456996[B
]"I found some links but they won't work" Gee, I wonder why?[/b]

YOU find some more.

"But if you google something"

I see you are dodging my point. YOU made the claim. It is up to YOU to back it up. NOT OURS.
The links were legit. I did something wrong in entering them into my post. Typing error maybe. I'm not a computer geek. Note that wrecking ball provided a link in the next post. Did you check it out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies