Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 07:50 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times

Advertisements

His biggest lie, and one that should have turned his supporters off of him right quick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VlXfs1K04g
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 07:53 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
The Lies of Obama, John Ellis, Frontpage Magazine – Legal Blogs

I have been seeing the ongoing accusations of lies by President Trump.
The last one I saw was a triviality: Trump changed his mind on whether he wanted the House to pass an immigration bill. Chuck Shumer had already promised to block it in the Senate, so passage in the House was moot. Trump at first said he wanted the House to pass it, and then not. LCD liberals made this out to be the lie of the century.

Can you prove they WERE NOT lies or will you just whine about something else?

Old 07-10-2018, 07:54 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
The Lies of Obama, John Ellis, Frontpage Magazine – Legal Blogs

I have been seeing the ongoing accusations of lies by President Trump. The last one I saw was a triviality: Trump changed his mind on whether he wanted the House to pass an immigration bill. Chuck Shumer had already promised to block it in the Senate, so passage in the House was moot. Trump at first said he wanted the House to pass it, and then not. LCD liberals made this out to be the lie of the century.

The above link listed 30 major lies by Obama, not trivialities. The list is too long for CD lefty trolls to absorb, so I just offer a few. Quotes are from the piece listed below. The original link is no longer available.

In addition, I have one of my own. In his speech of 2008 on race relations, Obama said that he was bringing a 'message of unity.' Then he made Al Sharpton, perhaps the biggest 'race divider' (so to speak) since the start of the Civil Rights era, his "go-to guy" on race.

Here is another discussion of the list of Obama's
http://libertyunbound.com/sites/file...e_May_2010.pdf
(pdf, see page 40).
I know, I know, I do get this. You need something to feel good about after all the Trump lies, and he still have a ways to go yet. But, Obama is not in office these days, we should focus on the task at hand.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:55 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
This thread may have made more sense had it been posted in 2011 or 2012 when Obama was preparing to run for office again. In the meantime, can we talk about all the lies of the current president?

I'd say it is important to add context to some of the partisan attacks. Such as the claim of Trump's "lie"
re flipping his position on a legislative process.

I agree that integrity is important, and it was one of the reasons I did not vote for Trump. I like to read early American history. The founders all considered integrity crucial. There were many examples of this.

But Trump has been elected; he's doing a very good job. Let's calm down with the fusillade of shrill attacks and see how things go.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Can you prove they WERE NOT lies or will you just whine about something else?
what does that even mean? Who is "they." At least my "whines" are more than 1 sentence, and composed in higher than 3rd-grade style.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I know, I know, I do get this. You need something to feel good about after all the Trump lies, and he still have a ways to go yet. But, Obama is not in office these days, we should focus on the task at hand.
Telepathic psychological analysis is not your strong suit. I suggest to leave it alone.

Yes, Obama is no longer in office, but do you believe that we should close our eyes to history? Once a candidate is out of office, we shouldn't talk about him/her?

Old 07-10-2018, 08:14 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
But Trump has been elected; he's doing a very good job. Let's calm down with the fusillade of shrill attacks and see how things go.
Trump is doing a very good job -- at what?

Creating a humanitarian disaster on our southern border?

Making himself the laughing stock of Europe? "Trump Baby" Balloon Gets Green Light To Fly Over London During - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

Starting a trade war, that has American companies fleeing the US? https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-c...umps-trade-war

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/in...in-response-to

Letting a 30 y/o dictator make a fool out of him? Trump

Dividing the country?

Ruining the environment?

Seriously, what the hell are you talking about???

Old 07-10-2018, 08:15 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Telepathic psychological analysis is not your strong suit. I suggest to leave it alone.

Yes, Obama is no longer in office, but do you believe that we should close our eyes to history? Once a candidate is out of office, we shouldn't talk about him/her?
No we should not close our eyes to history. That's why we need to be aware of what is happening in this country now.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:15 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
These Trump cultists will take Trumps side even WHEN he sells us out to the Russians, if he hasn’t already.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:21 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
The 22nd Amendment prevented that choice from ever being presented.

Irrespective of the 22nd Amendment, according to Obama (I don't know if I believe him ) if running again had been available,, he would have had to choose between Michelle and running again, because Michelle wouldn't have put up with another run.
And who could blame her? It’s not an easy job, especially in the age of social media. They’re still young and get to enjoy the post-presidential years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies