Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 01:46 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
But what will they do now, that the PUTRID pile of EXCREMENT is being his usual insulting self at the Nato Summit?
Grow up i_love_autumn

Trump isn't saying we are leaving NATO, he's demanding they pay their share because American tax payers are unfairly paying more than our share.

You place your expectations way too high.

In the meantime, Waa! Not My Pwesident! Waa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
No. That's the Nitwit Left changing the subject.
You know - the way they changed it from "illegal alien" to "immigrant".
Oh, you mean like a latitudinally challenged immigrant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 01:57 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Ever hear of good cop, bad cop?

And does anyone here believe that NATO countries should not be spending 2% of GDP on their own defense, as required by the NATO treaty, and which only the UK, Greece and Estonia are currently doing?
This.
Read it again, OP until it freaking SINKS IN

Old 07-11-2018, 02:01 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,503,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
silly liberals, i guess you think that thinking is for what again? trump said NOTHING about leaving NATO, only that the members should be paying more than they are now for their own defense. isnt that what you guys wanted during the obama administration?
^ This.

This thread is laughably misleading.

Old 07-11-2018, 02:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Why are Republicans completely silent about the billions we send Israel?

I think Trump is trying to blow up NATO, then will move to WTO and by the time he's done, the U.S. will be an isolationist country.

The cartoons will depict Trump walking away with the White House in the background reduced to burning rubble.

so according to you liberals, trump is going to blow up NATO, kavanaugh is going to overturn roe v wade and kill the rights of all americans, etc. none of which has any truth in the accusations, but the lefties make them anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
<sad trombone> Too bad, wrong answer, but we have some lovely parting prizes.

In 2006, the NATO countries passed anon-binding agreement to aim for the 2% figure by 2024.

You either lie or you know jack about NATO. Then again, the same could be said for your president, so...

oh yes that non binding agreement to aim for 2% in 6 years. the key words being non binding, and aim for. that means if they dont get there, they just shrug their shoulders and say oh well, it was non binding agreement anyway so we didnt really have to do it, just try for doing it.

in the end it never fails, when democrats are in power, everything is going to come up roses, even though they dont, and when republicans are in power the left complains about how everything is going to fall apart at the seems and that we are going to destroy the world, again even though that never happens either.

Old 07-11-2018, 02:22 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I wrote this before, Trump is using allied military spending as a red herring to deflect from what his real goal is. Trump doesn't give a damn about allied military budgets. What this phony controversy is really all about is the unraveling of the Western alliance and the fools and lemmings enabling the Trump/Putin effort.
You're absolutely right, he's looking for an excuse, and this is the only thing he has, at the moment. Give him time, he is working on Putin's behalf.

Old 07-11-2018, 02:32 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Ever hear of good cop, bad cop?

And does anyone here believe that NATO countries should not be spending 2% of GDP on their own defense, as required by the NATO treaty, and which only the UK, Greece and Estonia are currently doing?
In 2006 NATO countries made a commitment to spend 2% of their GDP on defense and some countries have not met that goal (but the 2006 NATO agreement gives those countries until 2024 to meet that 2% goal.)

"NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg told Politico EU’s Confidential podcast this month that he expects eight nations will cross the 2 percent threshold in 2018, which he said was up from three countries in 2014."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ech/102236892/
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/07/tr...nato-spending/

Last edited by chad3; 07-11-2018 at 02:41 PM..

Old 07-11-2018, 02:35 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Grow up i_love_autumn

Trump isn't saying we are leaving NATO, he's demanding they pay their share because American tax payers are unfairly paying more than our share.
Trump said quite a bit more, he insulted Germany. No one has an issue with him asking to pay their fair share.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:31 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yeah, whenever my friends come over, I have my GF be nice to them while I insult them. Works great! You should try it with your friends, let me know how it goes.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:52 PM

46,959 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
oh yes that non binding agreement to aim for 2% in 6 years. the key words being non binding, and aim for.
Go inform your fellow Trump follower, not me. He seems to think it's a treaty obligation.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:59 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
So the vote supporting NATO was 97-2, with only the isolationist twins, Mike Lee of Utah and Rand Paul of Kentucky voting no, and John McCain not present to vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies