Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 03:18 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times

Advertisements

Interesting!

And here's an addendum. The TSA damages a lot of luggage - as I found out when they damaged mine. It was perfectly clear that it was damaged by TSA and not by baggage handlers. But when I talked to the repair shop they said that although airlines traditionally pick up the tab for any damage, TSA refuses across the board to pay for anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2018, 03:27 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Interesting!

And here's an addendum. The TSA damages a lot of luggage - as I found out when they damaged mine. It was perfectly clear that it was damaged by TSA and not by baggage handlers. But when I talked to the repair shop they said that although airlines traditionally pick up the tab for any damage, TSA refuses across the board to pay for anything.
You have to break a few pieces of luggage to make an anti-terrorism omelet

Old 07-12-2018, 04:31 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Interesting!

I would trust the airline company over the TSA in this case.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:12 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I'd trust Jared Fogle over the TSA.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:24 PM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Odd that police can’t just randomly stop and frisk people the way the TSA does and the police have had more and better law enforcement training. Combine TSA with ever shrinking plane seats and I’m never flying again. Haven’t flown since 2011. Even my 4 feet 10 inch tall wife had trouble with the seats and she was maybe 120 lbs at the time. I’ve received better customer service at Walmart and McDonalds than at the airport and on the plane.

Old 09-22-2018, 11:17 PM

1,037 posts, read 435,303 times
The ruling only addresses damages under the Federal Tort Claims Act, nothing else.

Old 09-22-2018, 11:43 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times
If we had the freedom of association, you wouldn't really even need a TSA.

You could just have airlines with no Muslims allowed, and you don't need anything approaching a TSA for that - we never had TSA before there were lots of Muslims here. You could actually even crowdsource some aspects of airline security, so it would be really cheap for a free airline to ensure the aircraft is secure. You wouldn't need to be taking your shoes off and groping people, that's for sure.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:54 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
About a dozen years back, I was "selected for random enhanced screening" and led to a room where I had to strip down to my shorts and socks while a TSA guy went through all of my clothes. I didn't care for it one bit. But it's never happened since and I fly quite a bit - several times each year, round trips.

Just last month, going through security at La Guardia, the overweight dummy checking IDs against boarding passes didn't like my Texas drivers license for no apparent reason. Maybe because it says "veteran" in red letters. So I broke out my concealed handgun license. It says "Veteran" also. I think she just wanted to see more than one ID, so I showed her. After passing through the scanner, I was told to see "the agent in the white shirt" because I'd been "randomly selected for enhanced screening" once again. The guy just wiped down my hands looking for traces of gunpowder residue.

I passed.

Random, my arse.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:55 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Enjoy the molestation. Brought to you by idiots from the ME.

Old 09-23-2018, 10:17 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I trust an airline company or security at a job interview over the TSA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies