Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 09:36 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
That is because black conservatives don't try to make themselves victims of racism.
Yet some Trumpists pulled the race card and claimed racism, yet none exists. Why did the Trumpists claim racism in this case(see posts in same c-d thread)? Why did they pull the race card even though the passengers didn't claim racism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2018, 09:57 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Why do conservatives think it's ok to discriminate against someone based on who they love but not because of who they support politically?
Because they're spineless hypocrites.

At least libertarians have the moral consistency to support a business owner's right to discriminate against ANYONE.

Old 07-15-2018, 09:58 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Says who?
Not according to the LGBTQ alphabet soup crowd.

Old 07-15-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Who used violence in this case? Did the Uber driver physically assault the would-be passengers?
It's the threat of government violence.

If a business owner refuses service to a "protected class," the government fines them or shuts them down. If the business owner resists, they are arrested. If the business owner resists his unlawful arrest, he is killed. Got it?

Quote:
Again; says who? We have laws in this country that people like you and I enacted by electing our chosen representatives. Currently the law says it is illegal to discriminate against others for various reasons. A vast majority of people support such laws therefore we abide by them.

Just because you came to the conclusion that these laws are invalid doesn't mean you can disobey them since they are not facilitating your particular idea of anarchy. The country does not revolve around rebeldor. There are other people you must share the nation with.

In order to change these laws to your liking you'll need to convince all the other 99.9% of the people whom these laws benefit to change their minds to the point that they too wish to do away with them. You are certainly entitled to do that but I fear you have a very tough road ahead of you in that ragard.
Again; says natural law. Property rights are 100% absolute and cannot be violated for any reason. Man-made "laws" that violate natural rights are inherently invalid.

The country doesn't revolve around me, but that doesn't change the fact that I am a sovereign individual with inherent natural rights. I don't believe in nations anyway--only property rights.

It's not my duty to change laws which are inherently invalid. I know which rights I was born with and no one can change them or take them away.

Old 07-15-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
I don't why someone would use UBER in the first place. Who knows what rapist, murderer or other skanky person they will get as a driver.
Why not? It's a bastion of unregulated capitalism. Would you prefer people be forced to use government-regulated taxi monopolies?

Old 07-15-2018, 10:10 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,221,735 times
Has Uber even commented on this yet?

Old 07-15-2018, 11:14 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Yet some Trumpists pulled the race card and claimed racism, yet none exists. Why did the Trumpists claim racism in this case(see posts in same c-d thread)? Why did they pull the race card even though the passengers didn't claim racism?
Thank you. I love that name. Much better than Trumpettes.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:17 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Saw three of them on Laura Ingraham's show tonight. One said he knew about Sarah Sanders and other administration people getting harassed but he was shocked that it happened to him, a lowly intern.

“I’m a black male in America that supports and voted for Donald Trump... We’re supposed to be a country that accepts everybody for who they are, a melting pot, but the moment I say or do something that doesn’t coincide with their political beliefs, I’m the bad guy,” said Handy, who is interning for Illinois GOP Rep. Mike Bost.

GOP interns: Uber driver refused us service because of MAGA hats | Fox News
Uber drivers have a right to allow who they want in their car as long as they are not breaking any laws.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:18 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Because they're spineless hypocrites.

At least libertarians have the moral consistency to support a business owner's right to discriminate against ANYONE.
I believe private business owners should be able to refuse service to anyone they choose to even black people unless the reason they are doing so is because they are black. If the black person is offensive for other reasons then they are fair game as well.
I also believe that the business owner should be required to post a sign stating the fact that they have the right to refuse service to anyone they choose.
As I've said here in other threads concerning this, there is still going to be backlash from either side regardless of the fact if it is lawful or not. That is the way of humanity.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:20 AM

9,360 posts, read 14,103,620 times
Anyone who is clearly taking a strong and perhaps controversial stand might be looking for a fight. Not necessarily a physical one, but a fight nonetheless. So why not opt out, just like the Uber driver apparently chose to do. It is called self preservation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies