Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 06:00 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times

Advertisements

What's next?

Prosecuting women who flush their miscarriage down the toilet?

"Mrs. Jones, it has been reported that you were pregnant and miscarried. If you cannot produce the fetal tissue for proper burial we are going to have to arrest you for abusing a corpse."

Nothing the pro-life gestapo comes up with surprises me anymore.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:02 AM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times
I had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy at 6 weeks with massive internal bleeding. Catholic hospital. At this gestational stage the embryo is about the size of a fingernail. Not to get too gross here, but I am going to assume the doctor had to use a lot of gauze (?) to "mop up" all my internal bleeding, and remove the rest of my fallopian tube. My guess is they would have had to take all the medical waste from my surgery to the lab to even find the remains. Bury everything together?

Anything containing blood is considered Hazardous Biological Waste Products. It is incinerated, not just thrown in a garbage dump. I just assumed that is what happened.

The Catholic Church allows for cremation now. My SIL was cremated last year and had a Catholic Funeral. Why would the Church be opposed to the cremation of babies as well, especially one so tiny?

Edit: My BIL has my SIL's urn with her ashes in his living room along with their wedding picture. When I die, I also wanted to cremated, not buried in the ground. I am perfectly fine with my dead baby being cremated, and don't need any headstone to remind me of him/her.

Last edited by Jo48; 07-16-2018 at 06:20 AM..

Old 07-16-2018, 06:12 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,071,613 times
In this day and age, it blows my mind that we still have so many abortions and there are so many pregnancies which are "unintended" (50% of all pregnancies--look it up)--yet there is a great deal of sex education in the schools, tons of sex information ad nauseum on the internet, and so many different choices of birth control widely available! Even an abortion pill is available. How easy is that to use?

So what's the problem that today's modern women can't be sexually responsible and can't manage to figure out how to use birth control properly and responsibly before having sex? Are today's women--even capable, smart, educated, high level professional women--so very dumb and stupid?

Pro-abortion people cite the fact that poor women have abortions because they cannot afford a child. Well, you're really saying that poor women (likely mostly minorities) are, in fact, dumb and stupid! Because it isn't rocket science to go get yourself some birth control before having sex. I'm sure Planned Parenthood dispenses FREE birth control to the poor.

No, I don't buy excuses about women not being able to get birth control.

Women today talk about how strong and smart they are yet still act like someone back in the dark ages of 1930. Wringing their hands and crying that she got pregnant and needs an abortion. C'mon! This isn't 1930! There shouldn't be MILLIONS of abortions! Abortion should be a very rare event by this point in our country! Women have had the pill for over 40 years and there are more resources than ever before widely available online to inform women about what to do to NOT GET PREGNANT!

Like another poster said, PLEASE don't have sex if you aren't capable of protecting yourself!

Women today really, really need to start being sexually responsible. You cannot claim to be strong, equal blah blah blah if you can't even protect yourself from pregnancy. I certainly wouldn't want someone running the country or being my supervisor at work if they can't even figure out how to avoid pregnancy. And yes, I do realize there are some birth control failures out there but it should be RARE.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:14 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post
In this day and age, it blows my mind that we still have so many abortions and there are so many pregnancies which are "unintended" (50% of all pregnancies--look it up)--yet there is a great deal of sex education in the schools, tons of sex information ad nauseum on the internet, and so many different choices of birth control widely available! Even an abortion pill is available. How easy is that to use?

So what's the problem that today's modern women can't be............
I quit reading.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:34 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Abortion is about whether the government has the right to my body.

Can the government force me to be stay pregnant? Get pregnant?

It's either my body or it isn't.

Which is it?
38 states have fetal homicide laws. Which means if a person kills a baby in the womb -- no matter what stage of development -- that person can be charged with homicide (murder).

Abortion is legal in 50 states. Which means if a mother decides to kill her baby, she can. Without repercussion.

Explain. It's either murder or it's not. Which is it?

Old 07-16-2018, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Having a child is not an "inconvenience." It's a lifetime commitment. One that no one should enter into unless/until they are ready, willing and able.
If you aren't ready, willing and able, don't get pregnant. No lifetime commitment to worry about.

For example, if I can't afford a timeshare, I don't get one. No lifetime commitment.

18,499 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Yet more pro-life spam from the twelve-squared.

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post

So what's the problem that today's modern women can't be sexually responsible and can't manage to figure out how to use birth control properly and responsibly before having sex? Are today's women--even capable, smart, educated, high level professional women--so very dumb and stupid?

Pro-abortion people cite the fact that poor women have abortions because they cannot afford a child. Well, you're really saying that poor women (likely mostly minorities) are, in fact, dumb and stupid! Because it isn't rocket science to go get yourself some birth control before having sex. I'm sure Planned Parenthood dispenses FREE birth control to the poor.

No, I don't buy excuses about women not being able to get birth control.

Women today talk about how strong and smart they are yet still act like someone back in the dark ages of 1930. Wringing their hands and crying that she got pregnant and needs an abortion. C'mon! This isn't 1930! There shouldn't be MILLIONS of abortions! Abortion should be a very rare event by this point in our country! Women have had the pill for over 40 years and there are more resources than ever before widely available online to inform women about what to do to NOT GET PREGNANT!

Like another poster said, PLEASE don't have sex if you aren't capable of protecting yourself!

Women today really, really need to start being sexually responsible. You cannot claim to be strong, equal blah blah blah if you can't even protect yourself from pregnancy. I certainly wouldn't want someone running the country or being my supervisor at work if they can't even figure out how to avoid pregnancy. And yes, I do realize there are some birth control failures out there but it should be RARE.
I agree. Women are the gatekeepers of sex. If a man doesn't want to use a condom, a woman can lay down the law. YOU NEED TO USE A CONDOM OR NO SEX!! A man will comply.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:52 AM

Pro-choice people trying to reassure themselves.
Notice they use two contradictory arguments against outlawing abortion:
1) The abortion rate is plummeting anyway so there's no need to outlaw it to stop it, and yet
2) Abortion is incredibly common and 1 in 4 women will get an abortion in her lifetime so it would be cruel and dangerous to outlaw it.

So we shouldn't outlaw abortion because it's becoming super rare and also we shouldn't outlaw abortion because it is and will continue to be super common.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:55 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Pro-choice people trying to reassure themselves.
Notice they use two contradictory arguments against outlawing abortion:
1) The abortion rate is plummeting anyway so there's no need to outlaw it to stop it, and yet
2) Abortion is incredibly common and 1 in 4 women will get an abortion in her lifetime so it would be cruel and dangerous to outlaw it.

So we shouldn't outlaw abortion because it's becoming super rare and also we shouldn't outlaw abortion because it is and will continue to be super common.
We are never going to outlaw it. Simple reality. I am pro-life but it does not save one life to beat your head against a wall when there are many things we could do to continue to make abortion a less attractive option.

For some odd reason, too many "pro life" individuals are not interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies