Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 07:46 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
That is a very well thought out, intelligent response.

As for the Russian hacking, there are no gray areas here, it is confirmed that the Russians DID hack the election, and for the purpose of helping Trump win. Anyone who tries to deny that FACT is simply choosing to be blind to it. The only thing we can not quantify is to what degree it actually did help him and hurt her.

When I saw all of those GOP representatives on tv the other day, angrily attacking the FBI guy, you could see right through their fake outrage and know their true motive was to try to discredit the entire Mueller investigation. Mueller has them all scared as Hell, and this latest release of 12 names was Muellers way of letting them know he doesn't give a damn about how much they threaten him, he is going to do what he needs to do, and what he was hired to do.

Mueller is going to go down in history just like all the brave men who brought Richard Nixon to his knees. This is our modern day Watergate, and this will be discussed by scholars for decades because of how twisted the GOP and Trump have been throughout the entire process.
You know Hillary LOST, right? And she lost because she was a horrible, opportunistic person that nobody wanted for President.

If Trump has done anything illegal (past or present), please provide his arrest record and the amount of time he spent in prison.

That goes for all the things the Libs have accused him of... from cheap strippers to annoying sleazy attorney's, to woman fondled on the airplane, to dark Russian backrooms where he supposedly kissed the Russians. When you come back to me with all of that, I will consider what you have to say.

Old 07-15-2018, 07:49 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
The Obama administration received multiple warnings from national security officials between 2014 and 2016 that the Kremlin was ramping up its intelligence operations and building disinformation networks it could use to disrupt the U.S. political system, according to more than half a dozen current and former officials.

As early as 2014, the administration received a report that quoted a well-connected Russian source as saying that the Kremlin was building a disinformation arm that could be used to interfere in Western democracies. The report, according to an official familiar with it, included a quote from the Russian source telling U.S. officials in Moscow, "You have no idea how extensive these networks are in Europe ... and in the U.S., Russia has penetrated media organizations, lobbying firms, political parties, governments and militaries in all of these places."

This is what Obama knew as far back as 2014. He chose to do nothing about it, "didn't want to influence the election" So instead, he was ok with Russia doing it. He could have stopped it.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...ference-241547
I was not happy with Obama's laissez-faire attitude then, but it's a far cry from being in bed with Putin and having Russian sympathizers, profiteers infesting one's administration and having actual Russians influencing the election.

Obama is no longer president - Trump is. He is cya-ing for all he is worth right now, while anticipating his meeting with his hero, the sociopathic Vladimir Putin. I dread what will happen at tomorrow's meeting with Putin, who is far more intelligent and wily than the hapless and erratic Donald Trump.

Old 07-15-2018, 07:52 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
You know Hillary LOST, right? And she lost because she was a horrible, opportunistic person that nobody wanted for President.

If Trump has done anything illegal (past or present), please provide his arrest record and the amount of time he spent in prison.

That goes for all the things the Libs have accused him of... from cheap strippers to annoying sleazy attorney's, to woman fondled on the airplane, to dark Russian backrooms where he supposedly kissed the Russians. When you come back to me with all of that, I will consider what you have to say.
Yet three million more Americans voted for her over Trump...

Old 07-15-2018, 07:54 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
The Obama administration received multiple warnings from national security officials between 2014 and 2016 that the Kremlin was ramping up its intelligence operations and building disinformation networks it could use to disrupt the U.S. political system, according to more than half a dozen current and former officials.

As early as 2014, the administration received a report that quoted a well-connected Russian source as saying that the Kremlin was building a disinformation arm that could be used to interfere in Western democracies. The report, according to an official familiar with it, included a quote from the Russian source telling U.S. officials in Moscow, "You have no idea how extensive these networks are in Europe ... and in the U.S., Russia has penetrated media organizations, lobbying firms, political parties, governments and militaries in all of these places."

This is what Obama knew as far back as 2014. He chose to do nothing about it, "didn't want to influence the election" So instead, he was ok with Russia doing it. He could have stopped it.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...ference-241547
Skeddy, the looney left around here have to find a way to blame it on Trump.

Pajama Boy Obama could do no wrong. His administration is being revealed as the most corrupt we've ever seen.

Old 07-15-2018, 07:54 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
New York Times "analysis" about Trump.

hahahaha

Fascinates me the mindset that still pays mind to that fishwrap.

Old 07-15-2018, 09:36 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
General Colin Powel and President GW Bush had a conversation about Mr. Putin. GWB said “ I looked into his eyes and I saw his soul” and Powel said “ All due respect sir, but when I looked into his eyes, I saw the KGB”

Trump is no match for that muderous man whose goal is putting the old Soviet Union back in place. Breaking up NATO is a gift to Putin. And there is no doubt that they interfered in our election. I doubt if it truly affected the outcome more than Comey’s Ill timed announcements, but the fact that they even tried is an act of hubris that should be dealt with harshly.

Obama got even with Putin by increasing oil production here, and getting the Saudis to do the same. This crushing of oil prices devastated Putin’s economy. Obama and Putin detested each other.

I’m uncomfortable with President Trump meeting with Putin alone. Trump, because of narcissistic personality disorder, is easy to manipulate with praise or criticism. Putin’s a freakin KGB agent. Trumps a rich kid who was born with a silver spoon. Not a fair fight.

Old 07-15-2018, 05:09 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What "curious attraction to Russia?" Please explain.
Perhaps 'curious attraction to Putin" is a more accurate statement. Trump cannot fawn over him enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies