Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 07:18 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The shooting occurred after patrol officers on foot saw a man who was “exhibiting characteristics of an armed person,” Guglielmi said.
There is no such thing. What he meant to say was that "he had characteristics of being a black man" so we decided to harrass him.

When there is no one to arrest, create a reason.

Old 07-15-2018, 07:23 AM

17,410 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There is no such thing. What he meant to say was that "he had characteristics of being a black man" so we decided to harrass him.

When there is no one to arrest, create a reason.
lol. The majority of that neighborhood has the "characteristic of being black" ... so why wasn't everyone arrested then?

Old 07-15-2018, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
lol. The majority of that neighborhood has the "characteristic of being black" ... so why wasn't everyone arrested then?
He was just the unlucky victim on this day. As posted earlier he was doing nothing illegal as far as the officers were concerned.

You are against people carrying? (if he even was)

Old 07-15-2018, 07:33 AM

17,410 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
He was just the unlucky victim on this day. As posted earlier he was doing nothing illegal as far as the officers were concerned.

You are against people carrying? (if he even was)
Let's see what happens when, 1. his name is released and we find if he has a prior record and concealed carry. 2. the body cam video is released.

And nope I don't care if people carry - I do.

Old 07-15-2018, 07:34 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
They probably knew this guy and suspected him in other cases. The "thought he had a gun" was a reason for them to frisk him.

By the way, they should bring back stop and frisk. Many trouble makers would be taken off the streets.
"probably knew" and "suspected" make one guilty of WHAT?

Old 07-15-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Let's see what happens when, 1. his name is released and we find if he has a prior record and concealed carry. 2. the body cam video is released.

And nope I don't care if people carry - I do.
You care when they are black. He can have a record 20 pages long but that is not something he wears around his neck. They had NO reason to approach him.

Old 07-15-2018, 07:55 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
It's really amazing how this issue is coming around. Maybe it'll actually be what brings Americans together. People have used certain talking points for so long and now real intent and the energy behind their words are finally being exposed.

Some people show more respect to dogs than certain groups of humans.

Old 07-15-2018, 07:57 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The residents themselves asked for a police presence in that area, this happens, and now the predictable riots and protests. Wouldn't matter if the shooting was justified or not, they'd still protest.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/14/us/ch...ing/index.html

Protests break out in Chicago after a man is fatally shot by police

I don't recall evry hearing about a protest when a cop is shot. HMM!

Old 07-15-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Protests break out in Chicago after a man is fatally shot by police

I don't recall evry hearing about a protest when a cop is shot. HMM!
That's because the one that does that is held accountable for their actions. You don't protest when the system works as it should.

Any other excuses?

Old 07-15-2018, 08:05 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Protests are justified here. I thought (and I'm sorry, I am going to generalize here) the "right" supported a right to carry? There is nothing in the article to note that the man was doing anything illegal other than walking down the street.

What they did was unconstitutional to start with. They had no justification (at least as far as the article notes) or any reason to touch him. Does he not have a right to protect himself?
"There is nothing in the article to note that the man was doing anything illegal other than walking down the street."

Reading comprehension a MUST if you are going to make claims!

"What they did was unconstitutional to start with."

"The incident started as several police officers were patrolling the city's South Side on foot. They spotted a man "who they thought might be armed" and approached him, Chicago Police Chief of Patrol Fred Waller told reporters. The man became combative and pushed officers' arms away before reaching for a weapon on his waist band, Waller said.
At some point during the confrontation, the unidentified man was shot, police said. He was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Police recovered a weapon at the scene"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies