Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2018, 06:16 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
He wasn't just walking away. He was armed with a knife and he refused orders. His shooting was excessive and the cop was arrested.
That's what the cops said and then it was discovered that it was all a lie. They said he charged them.

Watch the video. He's walking down the middle of the street, sees them and starts veering toward the sidewalk and is shot repeatedly in the back.

Our Mayor, the Chief of Police, and all the cops involved in the coverup should have been canned but that didn't happen. Rahm threw the CoP under the bus and he lost his job. Big deal.

Please watch the video. You're operating under the cover story - not the truth.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:25 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
That's what the cops said and then it was discovered that it was all a lie. They said he charged them.

Watch the video. He's walking down the middle of the street, sees them and starts veering toward the sidewalk and is shot repeatedly in the back.

Our Mayor, the Chief of Police, and all the cops involved in the coverup should have been canned but that didn't happen. Rahm threw the CoP under the bus and he lost his job. Big deal.

Again, the police officer was arrested. Im not defending the cop in that situation.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:31 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Again, the police officer was arrested. Im not defending the cop in that situation.
So are you coming around and stating that some cops are wrong when shooting people? Previously you seemed to defend all cops no matter what.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:38 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
Ive never defended the cop in Chicago. Ive never defended the cop in South Carolina. No one can honestly ever say I did. Yes there are a handful of police shooting per year that violate the law. However as I stated before and I will never waiver from it that at least 99% of all police shootings are justified. This supposed outrage by BLM is nothing more than a cover for the race hustlers and the anti cop movement.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:08 PM

2,309 posts, read 901,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You can be suspicious all you want.
And as law enforcement, that suspicion is enough to detain you and figure out what's going on.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:16 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:

The COP is now retired comfortably and lost pretty much nothing. The new COP is a long-time veteran of the force. Rahm...won re-election despite the cover-up being unveiled.

That's the Chicago it's voters deserve which is ironic because given the city control of voting blocs it's really not a democracy but more of an oligarchy.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:28 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
What does a case of a valid police shooting have to do with police corruption? Two different subjects but you continue to muddy the water.
If you're referencing the recent shooting in Chicago I shared my issues with that situation. And was specific.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealtaylor View Post
Because I do not believe in this so called police corruption other than think its a VERY isolated thing, just like any career path..

Clean up your cesspool areas, fix the problems with the black communities, become self accountable and these little problems will likely go away.. and teach your kids to respect authority, whether it is a parent, police or school official...why is that so hard to figure out? These self inflicted problems we see need to be fixed

Old 07-19-2018, 09:31 PM

If police can get away with murder, imagine what lesser crimes they get away with.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:35 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Ive never defended the cop in Chicago. Ive never defended the cop in South Carolina. No one can honestly ever say I did. Yes there are a handful of police shooting per year that violate the law. However as I stated before and I will never waiver from it that at least 99% of all police shootings are justified. This supposed outrage by BLM is nothing more than a cover for the race hustlers and the anti cop movement.
Anti cop movement?

Listen, a good friend of mine trained the SWAT officers where I live. I have many current and retired friends in the RCMP, and have been at depot more than once on official business. I'm anything but anti-cop.

But, the cowboy mentality I see in the USA, the lack of training on de-escalation, and the plain fact that subjects are shot more in the USA than anywhere else in the world clearly shows that something is wrong. Clearly, and you can't deny that. You can try and excuse it, but you can't deny it.

I have little comfort of being stopped in the USA and not wonder what hair-triggered person is on the other side of that badge, and I'm white. I have no confidence of whether I will be cuffed and stuffed, tased or even shot if I don't react exactly how that person feels he's telling me, even though I have a bad shoulder and knee. That is a horrible situation I never thought I would feel. But there is too much shooting by police of civilians.

And it is a feeling I never have had in Canada. Ever. I have full confidence in our police forces, municipal and RCMP. I know the training they go through at depot, I've seen the amount of time and effort on de-escalation that is practised, and engrained in the recruits. It is a 26 week program, which is double of some of the US ones. Some municipal programs are even longer.

Police in Canada are well paid. Many in the USA are not, and that's maybe why standards are lower in the USA. A first year RCMP constable makes 53,144. Usually, within 36 months of service, that annual salary will have increased incrementally to $86,110. In Toronto $66,462 starting, to $94,949, in Vancouver, $75,165. after 3 years it goes $90,198. Other municipalities are similar. Edmonton starts at $67,414 and is at $100,619 after 5 years.

I found the following informative as to the situation in the USA.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/s...tml/?a=viewall
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies