Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2018, 10:45 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealtaylor View Post
This case was not murder, it was a justified shooting and solid police work.. one less thug on the streets
As much as I know it is a problem in the USA that too many subjects are killed by police, this one was justified. I can't see what other options they had, sadly.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:47 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Again, I'm not interested when you or anyone else tries and change the argument mid way through.
Why? Do dealing with facts bother you if you preconceived ideas are challenged?

Old 07-20-2018, 11:33 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
It's a vast generalization. Did it work for Bundy or not?
Ok one more post.

People have lived after jumping out of an airplane without a parachute or after they suffered a complete parachute failure. That doesn't make it a reasonable argument to jump out of planes without a chute.

On rare occasions People have survived freak accidents and or the consequences of stupid mistakes. Like riding in a barrel over Niagara falls.

Pulling a gun on the police is right there with jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft without a chute, or falling out of a ten story window. Some survive, most end up dead.

Im a gun owner, I believe in the 2nd amend. That said Im not going to test the legal knowledge, patients, or temperament of an already twitchy cop.

I am not going to take a loaded firearm into Chicago, Philadelphia, Baltimore, DC or New York City just because I feel the constitution says I can.
I won't give the cops any excuse to make me a statistic.
Now I am not saying you, but there are many who will cheer someone else on and let them take the risk. Then watch and be ready to attack the cops for the shooting.
If you feel that you have the right to conceal carry any where you want to, in this country, then I invite you to try it. Start with Chicago then head east to DC or New York.
Prove your point by doing it.
Ill prove mine by not doing it.

Old 07-20-2018, 11:52 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,299,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Love you love to rant, rather than discuss the actual issue, that the USA kills more subjects by police than any other nation on earth. You excuse, deflect, rant, stomp your feet, but won't address that it is a fact, that too many unarmed, including innocent, subjects are killed by police.

When presented with a situation, you always excuse it. You have no solutions for this epidemic of deaths, just excuses.
I think you should come down to the United States with all your vast knowledge and show us how is all done. Obviously you know more than any of us. Its great that you have the opinion that there are too many police involved shootings. I contend that other than a handful of situations the police do what is necessary. I would think that since I was a cop for over 20 years that I know a little more about the subject than someone who has a "friend" in LEO from Canada. I have a friend that was a former CIA agent. Maybe I should consider myself an expert in foreign espionage now. I also have another friend that was a former FBI agent. I must be an expert on federal investigations. My dad my a former federal prosecutor. I must be an expert on RICO statutes. Guess what I am not an expert on those things and you are not an expert on police involved shootings.

Old 07-20-2018, 12:01 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Ok one more post.

People have lived after jumping out of an airplane without a parachute or after they suffered a complete parachute failure. That doesn't make it a reasonable argument to jump out of planes without a chute.

On rare occasions People have survived freak accidents and or the consequences of stupid mistakes. Like riding in a barrel over Niagara falls.

Pulling a gun on the police is right there with jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft without a chute, or falling out of a ten story window. Some survive, most end up dead.

Im a gun owner, I believe in the 2nd amend. That said Im not going to test the legal knowledge, patients, or temperament of an already twitchy cop.

I am not going to take a loaded firearm into Chicago, Philadelphia, Baltimore, DC or New York City just because I feel the constitution says I can.
I won't give the cops any excuse to make me a statistic.
Now I am not saying you, but there are many who will cheer someone else on and let them take the risk. Then watch and be ready to attack the cops for the shooting.
If you feel that you have the right to conceal carry any where you want to, in this country, then I invite you to try it. Start with Chicago then head east to DC or New York.
Prove your point by doing it.
Ill prove mine by not doing it.
You are one of the people who had been tortured by the Chicago police force. You have a gun on you and the person that tortured you is approaching you. What are you going to do?

Old 07-20-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
You are one of the people who had been tortured by the Chicago police force. You have a gun on you and the person that tortured you is approaching you. What are you going to do?
Not have a gun on me in the first place in Chicago. Not live in Chicago. Hell I won't even travel through Chicago if I can help it.
If I had been tortured by the Chicago police. I would get the hell out of dodge never go back, I will not stay and risk a round 2.
If he can afford a hand gun he can afford a bus ticket out of hell.

There, the what if game played.
Out of curiosity what torture did the cop that shot the armed man do?

Old 07-20-2018, 12:37 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Not have a gun on me in the first place in Chicago. Not live in Chicago. Hell I won't even travel through Chicago if I can help it.
If I had been tortured by the Chicago police. I would get the hell out of dodge never go back, I will not stay and risk a round 2.
If he can afford a hand gun he can afford a bus ticket out of hell.

There, the what if game played.
Out of curiosity what torture did the cop that shot the armed man do?
The answer is to leave? Seriously? The idea of stopping the violation of people's civil rights don't play into this at all? (which the cop that shot him did do)

Old 07-20-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
The answer is to leave? Seriously? The idea of stopping the violation of people's civil rights don't play into this at all? (which the cop that shot him did do)
LOL. you played a what if game and I responded.
Is me risking a bullet or death worth me making a point? Not to me.
I wouldn't live in Chicago on a bet, for many reasons, their gun laws being among them.
I am no coward, I simply pick and chose my battles. I worked for a Fortune 500 corporation. I disagreed with many things. In fact more than I agreed with. I agreed with my pay check, my benefits and job stability. I could have argued every policy I didn't like and gotten fired. Would that have changed anything? NO
Instead I taught others to make the rule book their bible. Beat them with their own rules.

In the case of this shooting.
It was from the video I saw, a valid shooting. I dont agree with Chicago's gun laws. Never will. That said if in Chicago I will obey them. Getting shot, getting arrested, getting a felony record isn't worth pushing my beliefs.
As I said before, if you feel it is, feel free to do so.
Personally I don't feel that I should have to fear walking down any street in America. I dont care day or night, I should be able to without fear of personal danger. The reality is there are many places I wouldn't expect to live long if I did. The problem with beliefs and theories is that Reality trumps them every time.

Old 07-20-2018, 01:43 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,769,559 times
I remember when I was young and idealistic... thought my constitutional rights as written actually *meant* what the plain text says.

Glad I grew out of that childish world view.

Rights are only meaningful to the extent that they can and will be enforced. If you don't have the political power or the firepower... 'rights' are just words on a paper.

Old 07-20-2018, 01:44 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealtaylor View Post
Again, everyone has told you that his civil rights were NOT violated, how hard is that for you to understand???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies