Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2018, 08:35 PM

2,309 posts, read 900,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yes it is. What you meant to say is not that many get a license to carry which is irrelevant.
It is certainly revelant. You wanted the police to have a reason to detain him, well that's your reason. I don't agree with requiring a license to carry, I especially don't like the way Chicago and Illinois are going about restricting CCW permits resulting in few law abiding citizens carrying. However, we must deal with what we got. And what we have is a city ridden with crime and gang activity and the only people who carries are the police and gangsters. Therefore anyone who isn't in police or security uniform suspected of carrying a gun is automatically suspect of illegally carrying and that's completely legal.
Quote:

Which wasn't the case here. He was simply minding his own business walking down the street. When you have to add this additional aspects, you know you do not have a valid argument or you wouldn't have to add them.
I said "especially" and that was specific to being pulled over and detained. The police saw a guy not in uniform with a suspicious bulge and mannerisms consistent to a person carrying a gun. Since legally carrying in Chicago is a rare occurrence, the police were going to stop him and ask for his CCW permit which he didn't had. So the guy was carrying illegally. Had they stopped me and asked for a CCW permit, I would've given mine. It's that's simple.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
I've addressed it over and over and my claims have not been refuted. Just because many do not get a license to carry does NOT make the one who does subject to random stops and detainment. It's a legal activity.

We are not a country of "show me your papers".
It wasn't random. The police saw a bulge on his body consistent with someone carrying a firearm.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:51 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
It is certainly revelant. You wanted the police to have a reason to detain him, well that's your reason. I don't agree with requiring a license to carry, I especially don't like the way Chicago and Illinois are going about restricting CCW permits resulting in few law abiding citizens carrying. However, we must deal with what we got. And what we have is a city ridden with crime and gang activity and the only people who carries are the police and gangsters. Therefore anyone who isn't in police or security uniform suspected of carrying a gun is automatically suspect of illegally carrying and that's completely legal.

I said "especially" and that was specific to being pulled over and detained. The police saw a guy not in uniform with a suspicious bulge and mannerisms consistent to a person carrying a gun. Since legally carrying in Chicago is a rare occurrence, the police were going to stop him and ask for his CCW permit which he didn't had. So the guy was carrying illegally. Had they stopped me and asked for a CCW permit, I would've given mine. It's that's simple.
Rare or not is irrelevant. It is legal.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:51 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,693,765 times
Truth is more should be shot-considering how they act when stopped by the police.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:52 PM

Quote:
It wasn't random. The police saw a bulge on his body consistent with someone carrying a firearm.
Nowhere does it state that.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:
No it's not in Chicago without a permit, which the guy didn't had.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Nowhere does it state that.
I know a little bit about police work. I can pretty much guarantee you how/why they stopped him.

Old 07-20-2018, 09:29 PM

Quote:
I know a little bit about police work. I can pretty much guarantee you how/why they stopped him.
Yes we know. They violated his civil rights.

Old 07-20-2018, 09:41 PM

Chicago.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...1827668951/amp

Old 07-20-2018, 09:44 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,002 times
Quote:
You have been told numerous times, the police have a right to ask for a carry permit if they suspect someone has a gun. Period.

Anything after that was on the subject who got shot. Also period.

End of story. Go find a real issue that involves wrong police shootings. There are many examples. This is not one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies