Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 08:23 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,365,861 times

Advertisements

I'm a Democrat living in the northeast. I don't hate anyone. I just want to know how some people got so stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 08:26 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
I'm a Democrat living in the northeast. I don't hate anyone. I just want to know how some people got so stupid.
Then look in the mirror and ask yourself. why the Dims are so stupid.

Old 07-17-2018, 10:36 AM

623 posts, read 965,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
People with extreme views on politics (which seems to be common these days) actually hate and despise the other side. I don't think that's an exaggeration. Right now, the Democrats are much worse, since Republicans have the power.

I know extreme Democrats who will only associate with other Trump-haters.

They probably think this hatred is healthy and constructive, since in their minds Trump is dangerous and evil. Hating Trump, and all his supporters, is like hating Nazis, to them.

But I think living with that kind of hatred, all the time, is unhealthy and distracts from real problems. For one thing, they see all evil as out there, on the other side, never inside themselves. We all have some evil inside us, which we need to at least be aware of. But despising other people distracts from looking at yourself realistically. The Trump haters feel superior and virtuous.

We all have imperfections and we all have ignorance. Focusing intently on someone else's imperfections and areas of ignorance distracts us from seeing our own.

Despising half the country, with all your heart and soul, means you do not have to improve yourself. You are already wonderful and as close to perfect as any human can be. You can be vicious, dishonest, and unfair, to people around you, if you feel like it, because all your anger is always justified somehow.

Hatred and anger are natural and they will always be with us in this world. Often they are healthy instincts that protect us. I am not against hatred and anger.

But I am against this chronic, extreme, judgmental, irrational, hatred that I am seeing now days in Trump-haters.

And, by the way, I am not a Trump supporter. I do kind of sympathize with them, though, and I think I understand why they felt we needed a president like him.
You certainly sound like a Trump supporter

Old 07-17-2018, 10:41 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Anyway you parse this, you're still talking about millions and million of people.

One thing you really don't want to do when running for president is pick a fight you don't have to with people that might vote for you.

The margins in WI, MI and PA were narrow enough that she could have won just as easily as she lost, so who's the stupid *******?

I'm going with Hillary!
Interesting - because.....

1. Millions of Americans are deplorable. That is just the Bell Curve of society, let alone that of a country with a history of deplorables being mainstreamed.

2. The very same people who chastise Hillary for "telling the truth" or even "saying what she thinks" tell us all that they like - and voted for - Trump, because he says what he thinks (however racist, wrong, fake, criminal or otherwise).....

So, which one is it? Is discretion the better part of valor? Or, do you prefer your racists and puzzy grabbers to be admitting it loudly?

A very famous speech by FDR talking about the organizing of the wealthy and corporations/bankers against him stated:
"They had begun to consider the Government of the United States as a mere appendage to their own affairs. We know now that Government by organized money is just as dangerous as Government by organized mob.

Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me--and I welcome their hatred."

I think this is a fine declaration by a politician - that they are not going to accept "deplorables" that would undermine The People....

Things differ now because we have a POTUS who represents 100% the first part of that paragraph...that is, Government by organized money (whether domestic or foreign).

Old 07-17-2018, 10:43 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The fish starts to rot from the head. (according to the Russians)

Hillary Clinton about Trump Supporters....
"basket of deplorables" "They are racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic - you name it"
First time I've ever heard the leader of either political party, say such a thing about 10s of millions of their fellow American citizens.
Yep, that quote was just one more reason why I didn't vote for HRC or Trump! (And, once again, I want to say that I live in a state that went for Hillary.)

Old 07-17-2018, 10:50 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Hate is not in my vocabulary but dislike is and yes there are many stupid, ignorant people out there. And this current president, his big love is MONEY. Money money money....

And when he first came out with "make america great again"....America has always been great and those who fell for that B.S. -- well I hope your lives are greater. I hope you have those great jobs that the president brought back from other parts of the world where they were sent for MORE profits for the big money grabbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies