Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 11:52 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
You pubs do love Russia for some reason this electoral cycle, don't you?
Pub? Republican?

I am neither.

But why should I hate 130,000,000 people in Russia? Because the Democrat party says to?

Topic has been borne out for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2018, 11:56 AM

27,549 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
He is a danger to our Country.
What has Trump done that is dangerous to our country? Did he start a war or something?

Old 07-15-2018, 11:56 AM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
People with extreme views on politics (which seems to be common these days) actually hate and despise the other side. I don't think that's an exaggeration. Right now, the Democrats are much worse, since Republicans have the power.

I know extreme Democrats who will only associate with other Trump-haters.

They probably think this hatred is healthy and constructive, since in their minds Trump is dangerous and evil. Hating Trump, and all his supporters, is like hating Nazis, to them.

But I think living with that kind of hatred, all the time, is unhealthy and distracts from real problems. For one thing, they see all evil as out there, on the other side, never inside themselves. We all have some evil inside us, which we need to at least be aware of. But despising other people distracts from looking at yourself realistically. The Trump haters feel superior and virtuous.

We all have imperfections and we all have ignorance. Focusing intently on someone else's imperfections and areas of ignorance distracts us from seeing our own.

Despising half the country, with all your heart and soul, means you do not have to improve yourself. You are already wonderful and as close to perfect as any human can be. You can be vicious, dishonest, and unfair, to people around you, if you feel like it, because all your anger is always justified somehow.

Hatred and anger are natural and they will always be with us in this world. Often they are healthy instincts that protect us. I am not against hatred and anger.

But I am against this chronic, extreme, judgmental, irrational, hatred that I am seeing now days in Trump-haters.

And, by the way, I am not a Trump supporter. I do kind of sympathize with them, though, and I think I understand why they felt we needed a president like him.
<snicker>

Old 07-15-2018, 12:06 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,573,123 times
Good to see the pu$&y hat brigade is out in full force, spreading their hate and venom, which, as it turns out, will help President Trump win reelection (if he runs). He couldn't have done it without you! Just be aware that your efforts are enabling your own destruction.

And having been around since Truman was in the White House, I can tell you that there was never of this level of hate from the right towards Obama. And then, the DNC allowed Hillary, worst candidate of all time, to lead their ticket. Stooooopid.

Old 07-15-2018, 12:07 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,681 times
Likely a liberal dem has few friends that voted for trump. Different orbits. I may have a few distant relatives who may have voted trump but neither will admit it.

Old 07-15-2018, 12:12 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Very true. And while there are certainly extremists on each side, the hostility/outright hatred/attempt to disassociate seems to be more of a leftist thing today. Indeed, you don't see conservatives "shutting it down," harassing people at their homes and while out on the town, denying people Uber rides because they are known Hillary supporters, etc. Yes, the imbalance in this regard is clear.

Old 07-15-2018, 12:14 PM

307 posts, read 223,989 times
This is ludicrous. The thing in the black house is the most racist, bigoted, hate-mongering thing I've seen in my decades of living through presidencies. I don't see extremist democrats. I see people who know we were attacked by Russia and admit it. They're doing what they can to allow truth to survive (don't know if that will happen). That's not extreme. That's fighting to keep our country from being taken over by Putin while the white old guy defends his best boy friend and our foreign adversary.

I do see the Breibart-Guiliani-orangeaid crazies out there killing people they believe don't belong in our "white" country. Hate crimes are up and that's extreme.

Old 07-15-2018, 12:14 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I certainly remember a lot of hate and venom being spewed out during President Obama's
eight years. Very nasty, hateful stuff...from the Republican Base. Some of it, even racist.

We had President's from the side that I didn't vote for win before, and it's all good. But,

Trump is anything but a normal President. He is toxic. And he is attacking the most basic of all
American Values. I don't hate his supporters, but I find it very difficult to grasp what was in their minds when they voted him into office, all things considered.

He is a danger to our Country.

They have short-term memory issues, Trump can't even remember things like the size of his inaugural crowd.

Old 07-15-2018, 12:16 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Trump is as good as a Traitor. As the evidence mounts that he knew a lot more about the Russian hacking than he lets on. Never criticizing Russia or Putin. And just eager to be around Putin despite the hacking by the Russians that he knew had happened.

Old 07-15-2018, 12:17 PM

307 posts, read 223,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
<snicker>
I understood the orangeaid supporters but by now, I hope they suffer greatly for what they wrought (bringing down our country to foreign adversaries. Facts to them are irrelevant and there comes a time when you go from ignorance to stupid. We've been at stupid for a couple years. This is indefensible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies