Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2019, 12:37 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
It's not one of the redest states.

They almost put a black female in Gov.

Whatever though - not sure what the point of this is. At the end of the day, the government is increasingly left-wing...all throughout America. And the police represent this leftist movement, in my opinion.
It's red enough to where it's still ran by Republicans. And I'm in one of the reddest parts of the state. Georgia isn't Minnesota. Georgia is alot more corrupt than Minnesota is. The governor we have committed some egregious conflict of interest offenses. The Secretary of State is suppose to step down when running for office. Brian Kemp didn't do this. By the way, Secretary of State is in charge of elections. Brian Kemp has a record of supplying faulty voting machines to certain districts.

I keep hearing this "the government is left wing". Maybe in your neck of the woods it is. Not where I live. A few counties in Georgia have only become more Democratic because the Black population (or minority population in general) hit 40% or more. In Minnesota there are more blue areas that are predominantly White. Your state is left leaning. I live in a right-wing leaning state. The police don't represent the left wing where I live. In the county I live in, Republicans rule. Republicans control the county. The Congressional District I live in is very Republican. Democrats don't have a chance where I live. The police represent the right wing where I live. The sheriff is a Republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2019, 12:38 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,137,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

One thing that needs to be addressed are recruiting methods. Psychological checks need to be done on those trying to be officers. There are some people who want to be officers because they have a bully mentality and think that a police officer job would be good for them.
Actually I looked up the tests that are done for police, its pretty thorough, but its the environment that turns the police bad. Lack of supervision, bad policies, lack of oversight from the municipality, all things that need improvement after the initial testing.

Old 03-05-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Actually I looked up the tests that are done for police, its pretty thorough, but its the environment that turns the police bad. Lack of supervision, bad policies, lack of oversight from the municipality, all things that need improvement after the initial testing.
I did not know that. I know the environment can be rough, but even then, it is still important to understand proper procedure. Speaking of lack of supervision, some people are against police officers having body cams. The body cam is for both the officer and the suspect.

Old 03-05-2019, 03:32 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Its like you read a totally different paragraph that you imagined in your head..
]Its like you don't have anything of substance to offer in that head of yours

Old 03-05-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Chicano3000X, there is a reason I put that person on my "ignore" list. Some people are not worth talking to after a certain point. The only reason I saw that person's post is because you responded to it.

All that aside, I will say this. Some people don't want to hear what anyone has to say. Rather than just admit how they feel, and admit that they disagree, said persons will turn to bellicose, petulant comments. Some people just need to be put on the "ignore"list. After a certain point it isn't worth dealing with said individuals.
Chicano3000X, there is a reason that green_mariner has to falsely play the race card and ignore the truth. When one has failed and not made much out of themself they have to look for a crutch and blame it on something besides themselves.

All that aside, I will say this. Some people don't want to hear what anyone has to say. Rather than just admit they are responsible for their own life like an adult, said persons will turn to bellicose, petulant comments.

Some people just don't care about the truth and need to be put in their place like an uninformed child. After a certain point it's obvious said individual doesn't care about the truth. Only the skin color matters.

Nothing about all the unarmed whites being killed but when it's a black person, the bigots come out of the wood work.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 03-05-2019 at 03:47 PM..

Old 03-05-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
I did not know that. I know the environment can be rough, but even then, it is still important to understand proper procedure. Speaking of lack of supervision, some people are against police officers having body cams. The body cam is for both the officer and the suspect.
Mainly the officer. The cam causes people to show more restraint as their behavior is there for everyone to see. The amount of complaints against law enforcement drops tremendously when cameras are used. You want people to be polite to you, be polite to them.

"In 2012 in the city of Rialto, California, with a population of approximately 100,000, cops were randomly assigned body cameras based on their shifts. Over the next year, a follow-up analysis showed use-of-force incidents on the shifts with body cams were down 59 percent compared to those without cameras. But something else rather extraordinary also happened. Complaints against all Rialto police officers — with or without body cams — were down 87.5 percent from the prior year."

"Civilians — aware that they might be taped — became less confrontational, followed officers' instructions more readily and did not engage in the kind of resistant behavior as before random cops were required to use body cams. As a result, officers did not have to use the kind of force previously needed.

A 20-year veteran Rialto police officer told me: "Newspapers make you think that the cameras made us change what we did and how we went about our business 'because the cops were being watched.' That's not true. The cameras made the civilians stop lying about us, reduced the mouthing off and the kind of resistance we used to see."

https://www.creators.com/read/larry-...out-the-police

Old 03-05-2019, 03:47 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,597,200 times
Quote:
Uh, I'm talking about common sense here. A police officer might deem it necessary to pull me over. It doesn't mean it always was. If a person isn't committing any traffic violations or any crimes, what's the point of pulling said person over? If the only reason a person is being pulled over is because they're there and someone finds their mere presence, not action, presence, suspicious, it's a waste of time.
That isn't your decision unless you are law enforcement.

First you need to have common sense before you can attempt to reason using it. You have demonstrated having a lack of it.

He is the police, he/she gets to decide if it is necessary to pull you over. You do not. You can, however, choose to make the situation worse by being a problem or not pulling over--that part IS your choice.

On topic: Yes more whites are killed by police than blacks in absolute numbers. Yes there are no protests about it from the left which shows their hypocrisy.
These are the facts, the facts do not care about your subjective opinion of why/how the facts are what they are.

Old 03-05-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
It's red enough to where it's still ran by Republicans. And I'm in one of the reddest parts of the state. Georgia isn't Minnesota. Georgia is alot more corrupt than Minnesota is. The governor we have committed some egregious conflict of interest offenses. The Secretary of State is suppose to step down when running for office. Brian Kemp didn't do this. By the way, Secretary of State is in charge of elections. Brian Kemp has a record of supplying faulty voting machines to certain districts.

I keep hearing this "the government is left wing". Maybe in your neck of the woods it is. Not where I live. A few counties in Georgia have only become more Democratic because the Black population (or minority population in general) hit 40% or more. In Minnesota there are more blue areas that are predominantly White. Your state is left leaning. I live in a right-wing leaning state. The police don't represent the left wing where I live. In the county I live in, Republicans rule. Republicans control the county. The Congressional District I live in is very Republican. Democrats don't have a chance where I live. The police represent the right wing where I live. The sheriff is a Republican.
You made this up. The police represent themselves. They don't represent the right wing. The more you post, the more things you make up.

How about telling us about all the unarmed white people you've protested for? Where are those threads? You don't even know their names. Absolutely disgusting.

Old 03-05-2019, 05:35 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
You did not ask the same question. I understand common sense. If you shoot at a cop, expect to be shot back. My concern is about situations where the suspect gets shot without posing any threat to the officer's life.
It is the same question because it is THE question that addresses your concern.

Old 03-05-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
That isn't your decision unless you are law enforcement.

First you need to have common sense before you can attempt to reason using it. You have demonstrated having a lack of it.

He is the police, he/she gets to decide if it is necessary to pull you over. You do not. You can, however, choose to make the situation worse by being a problem or not pulling over--that part IS your choice.

On topic: Yes more whites are killed by police than blacks in absolute numbers. Yes there are no protests about it from the left which shows their hypocrisy.
These are the facts, the facts do not care about your subjective opinion of why/how the facts are what they are.
Common sense says if a person isn't presenting a threat or behaving suspiciously, you don't need to pull him or her over.

The officer might be deciding it's necessary, but here is the question. Why would an officer deem it necessary? Take this situation. A person is just driving through a certain area. Not causing any problems, not speeding, not doing anything. Just driving, passing through. Why would it be necessary to pull that person over, especially when no crimes in the immediate area have been committed by anyone during that time? By the way, that question is not rhetorical, so I require an answer.

I'm not one of those persons who believes "the police are always right". Just because someone has the authority to do something doesn't mean they SHOULD be doing certain things. Common sense says don't hassle someone who isn't doing anything to anyone. The point? Blacks have a higher chance of interacting with the police in situations where no crime was committed. A higher chance of interacting ewith the police in situations where someone calls the police under the guise of "suspicious person". In many cases, a Black person have moved into a certain neighborhood. In some cases, hanging out in a place where it is legal to do so but someone thinks "what is that person doing here"? That is what I mean by situations where it isn't necessary. If I'm just in a certain place and I'm allowed to be there, why call the police? Why should a police pull me over if I'm not committing any crimes or violations? Why would it be necessary? Isn't that technically guilty until proven innocent?

More whites are killed than Blacks in absolute numbers by the police. Whites outnumber Blacks by a ratio of 5 to 1. Duh!! Blacks are protesting because of the high RATE per capita. Blacks are protesting because there have been situations where it isn't necessary to kill someone, and the officer got off. Why are some Blacks protesting? It's called standing up for yourself. Got a problem with it? Too bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies