Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 09:54 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,724,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Wow, $7500 so far for a publicity stunt. Why not put the money to good use like feeding the homeless, or providing some health care for someone in need.
Don’t the tax free churches do that already?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 10:22 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Wow, $7500 so far for a publicity stunt. Why not put the money to good use like feeding the homeless, or providing some health care for someone in need.
You could have the same argument about trump wanting a parade for the military, which would cost over 30 million. How about using that money to actually help or vets with housing or whatever else they need.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:26 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:

your argument is fallacious

does not have to be one or the other. it is NOT one or the others, and your pretending it has to be is just you lacking a good argument.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:32 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:

How about the money your boy spends on golfing, going to senseless rallies, and visiting his resorts. With the cost of security alone, you could feed and heal a lot more people that that $7500 balloon cost. Every time Trump takes one of his little trips, it costs you and me enough to take care of a lot of sick and hungry people.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:08 AM

33,322 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
One of these needs to fly just outside the gate of each and every tRump property in the world.

Britain truly IS our best ally.

Darn, you beat me to it, and you are thinking much bigger than I was.

When I read the earlier post that revealed the person who plans to pay for the 'blimp visit' is from New Jersey, my first thought was that that person should try to secure air rights as close to Trump National in Bedminster as possible .

Old 07-17-2018, 02:13 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
One of these needs to fly just outside the gate of each and every tRump property in the world.

Britain truly IS our best ally.

YES, that is the perfect place to fly the UGLY-A** things!

Old 07-17-2018, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, as a Trump voter, I certainly have a sense of humor. I am not butt hurt by this. We make fun of the president, go for it.

This said, he is still the president, why are you as Americans so happy when foreign country disrespecting your own president? This is something I will never understand.
I share your respect for U.S. Military personnel. One thing I like about the military is that....IME.....usually....not always, but usually...Commissioned Officers and NCOs deserve the respect that is being accorded to them via salutes, their rank etc.

Where we likely differ is that, even though he is the CIC, I don't think the President deserves actual respect (above perfunctory trappings of respect) just because he's the President.

Let's take one past president, and a past candidate (I compartmentalize their roles)...

McCain:
Re his military career: I think he deserves all the kudos and accolades that have come his way
Re his role as a husband: Mixed. Re his first marriage...thumbs down, Re current...thumbs up.
Re his role as a father: I've only heard good things
As a friend/Citizen: I've only heard good things (re his intent)

As a Politician:I can't stand him...and I felt that way before 2008. I can't stand Hillary (on just about every level), but between Obama, Hillary, and McCain, McCain was the one I least wanted to be POTUS....by far. His 'failure to repeal the ACA vote' (his lie) during this term just reconfirmed my stance.

A POTUS who has been a career military officer is sort of a different animal IMO re 'CIC respect'. If McCain had become POTUS, and was being a terrible POTUS, it could be argued that he deserves the CIC respect re his military service alone.

Obama:
Re his role as a husband: Only exemplary, from what I've heard.
Re his role as a father: Other than not being a good example re smoking, also exemplary
As a Friend/Citizen: I can only think of good things (re his intent)
Military: Obviously, didn't serve

As a politician: I'm still glad he was POTUS re his first term, rather than Hillary or McCain, but overall I was very disappointed, and....I'll leave it at this....that anyone in the military has just cause to disrespect him, if they wish to do so. So, I don't think he deserved to feel respected by people who serve.

Trump: For a number of reasons that have also been dissected on CD, I don't think Trump deserved the benefit of the doubt from the start. He could have erased that, and earned that 'CIC respect' via behavior in office but, IMO, he hasn't.

Old 07-17-2018, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Trump will probably hire someone to shoot it down.

Old 07-17-2018, 02:40 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
The Trump Baby blimp, which hovered over protests in London while President Donald Trump made his first official visit to the United Kingdom, is coming to America.

The unflattering depiction of Trump, with an orange complexion, snarling expression and tiny hands, caught the attention of people around the world, including an activist in New Jersey who decided the helium balloon needed to visit his state.
The Trump Baby Blimp Is Coming To America

I think there should be one at every state fair in the country this year!
Right on.

What some others need to understand is, none of this would have occurred, except for that HE has brought it all on himself, due to his own outwardly, disgusting demeanor, his ugly criticisms of others and bullying behavior, having begun inciting hatefulness in others. (We have never seen anything like this by a U. S. leader, prior).

This is unlike when some made fun of those being instead good people who never deserved nasty criticism, mean-spirited remarks or jokes having been made about them and was merely done out of an unwarranted dislike, just due to an opposition for other reasons. It may seem the instances are the same, but they are not.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:02 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Right on.

What some others need to understand is, none of this would have occurred, except for that HE has brought it all on himself, due to his own outwardly, disgusting demeanor, his ugly criticisms of others and bullying behavior, having begun inciting hatefulness in others. (We have never seen anything like this by a U. S. leader, prior).

This is unlike when some made fun of those being instead good people who never deserved nasty criticism, mean-spirited remarks or jokes having been made about them and was merely done out of an unwarranted dislike, just due to an opposition for other reasons. It may seem the instances are the same, but they are not.
If it helps treat TDS, I'm glad you can have your little Trump Baby Blimp toy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies