Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2018, 03:44 PM

51,587 posts, read 25,515,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Because today -- Trump is President.

And this thread is about Trump's massive failure at the talks with Putin.

Start another thread.
Might I add one more comment about this bogus $400 million before we banish this off-topic distraction to its own thread?

https://twitter.com/Billbrowder/stat...61476836597760

Old 07-17-2018, 03:45 PM

51,587 posts, read 25,515,803 times
Have I got good news for everyone.

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/stat...47296544182273

Old 07-17-2018, 03:46 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,418,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
The lights going out was the best comedic timing I've ever seen.
Testing the chair always dims the local lights.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:47 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,790,727 times
Quote:
World leaders are supposed to hold meetings, just letting you know.
That they do. But in those meetings they don't put their country up for sale (so to speak). Just letting you know.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:48 PM

21,988 posts, read 15,614,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Hilarious. Looked like some kid after Daddy took him behind the woodshed for the leather belt treatment. Comic gold. Trump never fails to entertain. On the world stage this guy is a blithering idiot.
I love this and so true:

https://twitter.com/NoahCRothman/sta...93849674485760

5,462 posts, read 3,005,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
He was asked about Russian interference in the election and we went off rambling about Clinton's server and how there was "No collusion."

Nobody asked him about collusion. Asked him about whether he believed the Putin or the U.S. Intelligence agencies.
Watch the video guys, its out there. Putin categorically answered that its utter non sense. He asked the reporter " Why do you think Trump truste me or I trust Trump? We are to defend our own nation's interests".

45,676 posts, read 23,824,322 times
Quote:
World leaders are supposed to hold meetings, just letting you know.
Very rarely are they held in private.

Now we are hearing rumblings from Russia of deals made. Who knows if they are right or wrong?

And I bet Trump may not realize what he agreed to or if he did.

Meeting are good.
Meetings are good with records to support the perceptions that come out of that meeting, especially with an adversary like Putin.

It may be Trump had the best of intentions -- I suspect on a very naive level he really is trying to save the world, but it seems every time he tries, he steps in it.

We aren't any better off with diplomacy today than we were two years ago -- we just aren't.

And I know on many levels Trump supporters don't care about relationships with other countries...it's all about the USA. But it is obvious Trump is trying to set up some kind of legacy of uniting countries, world peace, etc. His ego is too big, his experience limited and his naive approach isn't going to work with Putin and Kim Jung Le.

This was a disaster yesterday. No matter what Trump said today -- it didn't fix it. That one statement wasn't the only issue with the press conference.

And now there are dribbles of information from Russia. Remember media in Russia don't have the freedom to analyze or interpret as they see fit, or to cite sources' without being pretty sure those sources are officially sanctioned.

It's a mess. It's what his critics feared the most.

Yesterday did little to ease the concerns of those that might be on the fence about Trump, Russia, etc.
Yesterday did little to ease the concerns of some die hard conservatives.

I think using treason is hyperbole.
I don't know if this mean for sure Putin has something on Trump.

I do believe Trump is in awe of the power of Putin and Kim. I think he is naive and doesn't realize that power comes at a very steep price for North Koreans and Russians and not a product of their brilliant intelligence.

Every time he travels abroad it doesn't end well.

Trump should focus on local issues. He shoujld be promoting more how his administration is listening to the concerns of the voters and trying to resolve the problems with separating families.
He should be trying to get corporations like Apple to prove they have brought all that money home that they were going to and that they have concrete plans to invest in major expansions in communities that NEED something to survive.

So many things he could be doing (those two are just random thoughts).

Old 07-17-2018, 03:49 PM

2,362 posts, read 767,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
“Treason: adhering to or giving aid and comfort to its enemies by one who owes it allegiance.”
So if I get this right you think you must trust your own country at all times or you're a traitor?

Very very authoritarian of you.

In the USA, we value freedom of thought and expression. You can disagree with your government without being a traitor. That's protected under the 1st amendment.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:49 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,824,322 times
And for the record, it is obvious Newt Gingrich isn't too proud to acknowledge Trump made a huge mistake, all of you Trump fans shouldn't be afraid to say this was a low point.

Doesn't mean you can't brag about the stock market. It's still doing well.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:50 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,549,748 times
Quote:
Its treason to accuse the POTUS of colluding with Russia when you have no evidence.
Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies