Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2018, 11:01 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times

Advertisements

Deliberate attack on the black woman ? Really ?

But then she says black women are more successful now than ever ..

Seems like a contradiction no ?

Have you seen any attacks by the Trump admin specifically against black women . Sounds like more pushing of victimization culture ..

Black unemployment is at historic lows and I imagine college enrollment is also at all time highs too .
—-
There is a division in this country. They can say that it’s not. But we are not post-racial at all," Ryan said. "But when you dig into the weeds it’s beyond race. It’s now going down to the Black woman. There is a deliberate attack on the Black woman.”

Elaborating further, Ryan went on to suggest that the reason the current administration seems to be committed to tearing Black women down is because we continue to expand on our successe

Black women are now rising in number as head of household, wage earners," Ryan reminded festival attendees, while also pointing out that the piercing attacks from the administration are no coincidenc

https://www.essence.com/culture/apri...st-black-women
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 11:05 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Trump made a stupid request of her at a press conference once, shes been outraged ever since.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:09 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
It is all about making choices. Some people CHOSE to focus on skin color. what can you do?

oh, you don't like me, because you are a racist and I am (insert a skin color here).

oh, you don't date me, because you are a racist and I am (inset a skin color here).

Sensitive much? Maybe you are not a very likeable person or maybe you are just not suitable for the job.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:10 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Deliberate attack on the black woman ? Really ?

But then she says black women are more successful now than ever ..

Seems like a contradiction no ?

Have you seen any attacks by the Trump admin specifically against black women . Sounds like more pushing of victimization culture ..

Black unemployment is at historic lows and I imagine college enrollment is also at all time highs too .
—-
There is a division in this country. They can say that it’s not. But we are not post-racial at all," Ryan said. "But when you dig into the weeds it’s beyond race. It’s now going down to the Black woman. There is a deliberate attack on the Black woman.”

Elaborating further, Ryan went on to suggest that the reason the current administration seems to be committed to tearing Black women down is because we continue to expand on our successe

Black women are now rising in number as head of household, wage earners," Ryan reminded festival attendees, while also pointing out that the piercing attacks from the administration are no coincidenc

https://www.essence.com/culture/apri...st-black-women
So there are even fewer Fathers in their households than ever before

Old 07-16-2018, 11:11 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Trump made a stupid request of her at a press conference once, shes been outraged ever since.
I must have missed it. What did he request ?
Maybe that she should represent the truth for a change.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:13 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
General Kelly once said, "An empty barrel makes the most noise" All Hell Breaks Loose.

I think there is truth to that statement.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:19 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
I had to click on your link to see who she was to figure out why I should care and low and behold, she is supposed to be a journalist. I have more contempt of them than I have "Contempt of Congress" and I have a lot of contempt for Congress. She could be green and a hermaphrodite. The journalist part is what's drawing the attack. Did you know they have a 37% approval rating?

Old 07-16-2018, 11:20 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I must have missed it. What did he request ?
Maybe that she should represent the truth for a change.
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...il-ryan-235102

Quote:
"When you say the inner cities, are you going to include the CBC, Mr. President, in your conversations with your urban agenda, inner city agenda?" Ryan asked at the contentious White House press conference.

"Well I would, tell you what, do you want to set up the meeting? Are they friends of yours?" Trump asked.

"I'm just a reporter. I know some of them," Ryan replied.

"Let's go, let's set up a meeting. I would love to meet with the Black Caucus," Trump continued.
In reality I don't think he should have said it, but I think she was off base with how she took it and seems to be hanging onto it. It was an innocent yet fairly stupid remark on his part, but I dont believe it was with malice or intent to put any group down.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:21 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Problem is people listen and look up to people like her spreading fake news
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies