Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2018, 11:34 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They wanted access to the White House and the NRA was a means of using them, this was yet another example of Russia attempting to get into the Trump campaign. It wasn't about the NRA, they were just a vehicle. Read through the Affidavit below,, it has details of her emails and other conversations. The WSJ also has an article on it today that provides more details.

She was directed by Alexander Torshin Russian central bank governor who was previously sanctioned in April.

"Unrelated to specific campaigns, I have been very involved in securing a very private line of communications between the Kremlin and key GOP leaders through of all the conduits, the NRA"

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...ria-Butina.pdf
LOL
Meanwhile Trump placed more sanctions against Russia. Fact.
Trump approved an arms deal with the Ukraine. Fact.

That's quite transcending of the Trump being Putin's puppet.

Oh god, better get the articles ready for you, because God forbid I form a statement independently... that's impossible for I must hold the same lemming mentality as you...

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/16/here...backed-do.html

Old 07-17-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Clearly part of the larger program to influence the voting public and sway elections. This comes out while Putin is denying that they have done anything.

It has been said before that this is really not new. Theses techniques have been in practice by Russia for years against some of our European allies. The goal is to destabilize our republic, and judging by some of the Trumplodytes on this discussion board it has been working.
LOL
If that's true, your girl was a great propagandist for Russian points of view... she did herself in so did her affiliates on camera no less!

Old 07-17-2018, 11:42 AM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I don't know, but we do know now that 400 million of Russian money went into HRC's campaign.
Where did you pull that one from?

Old 07-17-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
LOL
Meanwhile Trump placed more sanctions against Russia. Fact.
Trump approved an arms deal with the Ukraine. Fact.

That's quite transcending of the Trump being Putin's puppet.

Oh god, better get the articles ready for you, because God forbid I form a statement independently... that's impossible for I must hold the same lemming mentality as you...

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/16/here...backed-do.html
She may very well have failed in her effort, this isn't about Trump but she did see a real opportunity to get to him. If you look closely at the sanctions they were not Trumps idea, it was congress that led the way.This may have been part of the waring by Sally Yates to the White House last year. Even so he does have some very supportive views on Russia.

Some GOP leaders have some real explaining to do along with the NRA leadership.

Old 07-17-2018, 12:02 PM

Quote:
She may very well have failed in her effort, this isn't about Trump but she did see a real opportunity to get to him. If you look closely at the sanctions they were not Trumps idea, it was congress that led the way.This may have been part of the waring by Sally Yates to the White House last year. Even so he does have some very supportive views on Russia.

Some GOP leaders have some real explaining to do along with the NRA leadership.
Oh goody, a confession that this doesn't have to do with Trump. Which we've been saying all along... you're slowly seeing the events for what they are/were. She wanted to extend gun rights in Russia. Sought an American pro gun lobby out. And it's collusion or election interference. Then its well, no longer about Trump.

Who's ideas they are, are irrelevant, he signs bills into law doesn't he? He gets the final say via signature or veto. Obviously the sanctions and the arms deal stuck. He's got final say does he not?

Again. If he was Putin's puppet, wouldn't he have delivered the Ukraine on a silver platter for him opposed to approving an arms deal with the Ukraine?
Wouldn't he have been lifting sanctions left and right on Russian businesses?
Would he have sent missiles after Assads forces/bases for the gas attack? Russia's ally-Assad?
Everything he's done has transcended the notion and logic of Trump=Putin's puppet.

Look at the events, the players, and ask who benefits.
A young Russian woman, outraged over Sandy Hook, comes to America to bring back American ideas/politics to Russia.
Even with a "back channel" to American Politicians. Who benefits and why? Honestly. Answer that for me.
How I see it, Torshin and Maria would be seeking the NRAs help to influence Russia's politics. Not the other way around! Otherwise, both would be here pushing anti gun rhetoric.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Oh goody, a confession that this doesn't have to do with Trump. Which we've been saying all along... you're slowly seeing the events for what they are/were. She wanted to extend gun rights in Russia. Sought an American pro gun lobby out. And it's collusion or election interference. Then its well, no longer about Trump.

Who's ideas they are, are irrelevant, he signs bills into law doesn't he? He gets the final say via signature or veto. Obviously the sanctions and the arms deal stuck. He's got final say does he not?

Again. If he was Putin's puppet, wouldn't he have delivered the Ukraine on a silver platter for him opposed to approving an arms deal with the Ukraine?
Wouldn't he have been lifting sanctions left and right on Russian businesses?
Would he have sent missiles after Assads forces/bases for the gas attack? Russia's ally-Assad?
Everything he's done has transcended the notion and logic of Trump=Putin's puppet.

Look at the events, the players, and ask who benefits.
A young Russian woman, outraged over Sandy Hook, comes to America to bring back American ideas/politics to Russia.
Even with a "back channel" to American Politicians. Who benefits and why? Honestly. Answer that for me.
How I see it, Torshin and Maria would be seeking the NRAs help to influence Russia's politics. Not the other way around! Otherwise, both would be here pushing anti gun rhetoric.
If she was just interested in Russian gun rights then why the clandestine GOP contacts. Trump could be involved but I doubt, as usual that doesn’t mean his son and others in his campaign are in the clear. I hope they will divulge the names of her GOP contacts.

Rejoice, it’s just a Russian spy infiltrating our government, Trump is safe for the moment and that’s all that’s important.

Last edited by Goodnight; 07-17-2018 at 02:26 PM..

Old 07-17-2018, 01:38 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
If she was just interested in Russian gun rights then why the clandestine GOP contacts. Trump could be invoked but I doubt, as usual that doesn’t mean his son and others in his campaign are in the clear. I hope they will divulge the names of her GOP contacts.

Rejoice, it’s just a Russian spy infiltrating our government, Trump is safe for the moment and that’s all that’s important.
LOL. "Russian gun rights" are not even a thing. There are none, and there never will be any. Keep in mind that her claiming to be for that while being told what to do and organizing for Putin is simply hilarious. And a GREAT example of Russian humor which way too many people miss.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
If she was just interested in Russian gun rights then why the clandestine GOP contacts. Trump could be invoked but I doubt, as usual that doesn’t mean his son and others in his campaign are in the clear. I hope they will divulge the names of her GOP contacts.

The NRA isn't the government, and the "infiltration" did what for the GOP?
You guys keep pushing for the influencing of our government, yet... you can't post anything worthy that they did to influence the government one way or the other.
Absolutely nothing.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. "Russian gun rights" are not even a thing. There are none, and there never will be any. Keep in mind that her claiming to be for that while being told what to do and organizing for Putin is simply hilarious. And a GREAT example of Russian humor which way too many people miss.
Which would be why it would be American politics influencing Russian politics. My point entirely.
For if the woman did anything to influence, she wouldn't have been here pushing pro gun, she'd be spewing anti gun rhetoric. Not looking to get gun rights to be a thing in Russia.

She would be adopting HRC and democrats to influence Russian policy onto the American government... did you even read the link I posted for goodnight?

Old 07-17-2018, 01:57 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
The NRA isn't the government, and the "infiltration" did what for the GOP?
You guys keep pushing for the influencing of our government, yet... you can't post anything worthy that they did to influence the government one way or the other.
Absolutely nothing.

The NRA spent 54 million on the 2016 elections. Eclipsing its last record of 27 million.

Counting up how much the NRA spends on campaigns and lobbying | PolitiFact

Where did that extra 27 million in spending come from?

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nat...195231139.html

AND...notice that there is some reason to believe it may vastly exceed that 54 million figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies